• Advertisement
Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Mid-Atlantic Prepper Swapmeet

Post your items for sale or trade

Moderator: mmpaints

Mid-Atlantic Prepper Swapmeet

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:52 pm

I am posting this as a one stop information catchall for the April 28 Prepper Swap Meet being organized by Defcon09. Here Defcon09 will post updates and information and just as importantly, he can get an idea of potential attendance. Additionally, attendees can give others an idea of what they have to offer and what they are looking for. Since many of us may come from hours away, this will help us determine what to bring.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt the younger

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good .45acp at your side, kid.

Winston, Julia, or O'Brien? How about none of the above?

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin
Maryland Preppers Network

Re: Mid-Atlantic Prepper Swapmeet

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:59 pm

I habe the following to offer:
BDUs
DCUs
Compound Bow
Arrows
Misc Hunting Items
Maybe some hunting optics
Kayaks (river expedition capabable)
Water Safety Equipment
Possibly some fishing equipment
Possibly some tools
Books
Military load bearing equipment (ALICE and MOLLE)
NBC gear
Military manuals
military cold weather gear
maybe a chainsaw

I am looking for:
Gardening tools and seeds
small chipper/shredder for compost and brush
ammo
magazine 20+
ammo cans
silver
food
camping gear
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt the younger

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good .45acp at your side, kid.

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby Defcon09 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks to RedHorse for putting this up. Yes we are planning on what some think is the first "Swap Meet" type meeting for members for this blog and maybe others. I've seen many requests for Meetups in the 4 states making up this region but doesn't seem to be any actual meetup. Probably because most need to drive long distances and hesitate to make the journey. Well, this may be the catalyst to get us to meet.

RedHorse has an impressive list of items so lets see if someone can top him! And, if for some reason you don't have item to swap and/or sell, come anyway. I would like to have an idea on how many could attend and if you would be an exhibitor or looker to decide soon which of 2 locations to have this event. Regardless which one it is, it will be within a few miles of Hancock, MD, down the road in WV on US522 South or just north in PA east of Rt.655 into PA near Warfordsburg. From Hancock it will be less than a 10 minute drive. Location will be decided this week.

I will be posting some guidelines such as time and conduct rules and prohibited items so look here daily.

Date: Saturday April 28th with a rain date of May 5th.
Defcon09

Postby Defcon09 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Previous Postings

There is a Swap Meet scheduled for a large area in the "Four State Region" of PA, MD, WV and VA. Below is some information that has been posted in other sections of this blog. If you have excess prepper, camping hunting, etc. items and want to sell or trade, or just looking to buy some stuff you are invited. More details will be posted weekly. The date is April 28 with a rain date of May 5th. This is a outdoor event.

Reason: I've seen so many people wanting to have meetups where the populas is spread out which makes it difficult to get together in any numbers so the meetup never happen. This may be an alternative to the reason why to go to a meet AND gain more that just good conversation.

As Paul Harvey used to say" Stand By For News"

Re: West Virginia (only) Roll Call
by Defcon09 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:48 pm

I've got an idea, maybe others have thought of this.

Since the eastern panhandle of WV is close geographically to MD, PA, and VA, lets hold a swap meet, items we would like to trade, sell or barter for. I am sure we all have at least one item that could be classed as surplus!?

I'm thinking the following counties (but not limited to): NOTE, not limited to these counties. Come anyway.
VA: Frederick and Clark Cty.
WV: Jefferson, Berkeley, Morgan & Hampshire
MD: Frederick, Washington & Allegheny
PA: Franklin, Fulton & Bedford

I am sure there are a couple items that we have duplicates of that might be traded for something that is wanted for our BOB's. Hachets, knives, cords, compasses, maps, ammo, firearms accs, bags/backs, jackets/rain gear, flash lights, binoculars, water filters, radios, etc. a whole store load of stuff. Now, I would not recommend guns/firearms at the swap but maybe a sign "For Sale" would be okay.

There may not be APN members in all these counties, but.............we are no doubt members of other prepper forums that we can get the word out through and "email buddies".

Previous Posting

Okay boys and girls. I have a tentative location for our swap meet. As indicated earlier, this location has easy access and "out of the way". It's located in the southeast corner of Fulton County, PA, more locally in Thompson Township. We'll leave it at that. The invitation is for anyone who wants to spend the gas money but particually from the following states/counties:

PA- Bedford, Fulton and Franklin.
MD- Allegheny, Washington and Frederick,
WV- Hampshire, Morgan, Berkeley and Jefferson,
VA- Frederick and Clarke.

These locations are in an area known as "the 4 State Region" a slogan used by channel 25 (NBC) in Hagerstown, MD because their signal covers 11 counties in these 4 states. You can literally drive from PA, thru MD, WV and into VA on US 522 in 20 minutes.

For you guys in Howard Counties down to Baltimore have easy access by taking I-70 west to Hancock, MD. Counties west can take I-68 East from Morgantown, WV to Hancock, MD. For those north and south of the I68/I70 east/west highway can take US522 north/south, or I81 N/S to I70 and head west.

Tell your friends who may not be members here about this meet.
Defcon09

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:46 pm

The Hancock MD area has plenty of camping locations near the C&O Canal trail and Western MD Rail Trail. Somebody on another site suggested turning this into a camping trip that goes to the swap meet. I din't know if I am doing that but just wanted to throw that out there.

Also, I may, via pm, may be willing to discuss firearms trades/transactions to be done outside of the location.

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby Defcon09 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:57 pm

RedHorse_Ronin wrote:The Hancock MD area has plenty of camping locations near the C&O Canal trail and Western MD Rail Trail. Somebody on another site suggested turning this into a camping trip that goes to the swap meet. I din't know if I am doing that but just wanted to throw that out there.

Also, I may, via pm, may be willing to discuss firearms trades/transactions to be done outside of the location.

Great idea!
Defcon09

Postby Defcon09 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Defcon09 wrote:
RedHorse_Ronin wrote:The Hancock MD area has plenty of camping locations near the C&O Canal trail and Western MD Rail Trail. Somebody on another site suggested turning this into a camping trip that goes to the swap meet. I din't know if I am doing that but just wanted to throw that out there.

Great idea!

And Happy Hills Camp Ground is just to the west of Hancock, MD
Defcon09

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Fort Frederick, just a few miles away from Hancock has this awesome craft fair the same weekend. I used to know one of the craftsman that did reenactment while doing his period furniture. This is a great place to get some older NO TECH living essentials and maybe learn some no electricity skills like woodworking, chandlery, coopering, livestock handling, etc. I've been wanting to make this for years!! Thanks Defcon09, the woodgeek in me is so stoked!
Fort Frederick has Camping too!

18th Century Market Fair
April 26 - 29
Now in its 18th year, the Market Fair features the best artisans, craftspeople, and sutlers together with an 18th century encampment. Hours are 9 am to 5 pm Thu, Fri, Sat and 9 am to 3 pm Sun. Service Fee

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby Defcon09 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:15 pm

The swap meet being held on Saturday April 28 will be located in Fulton County, PA. The coordinates (if you want to Google it) is: 39, 45' 00.20"N - 78, 08' 38.5"W and you should get a aerial picture. That should put you on top of a small brown roof building. It is located between PA Rt. 655 and Timber Ridge Road about 3 miles east of Warfordsburg, PA off I-70 south of Breezwood, PA.

This meet is open free to preppers, campers, hikers, hunters, fisherman to sell or trade your excess items with other like minded people. You can either tail gate from you vehicle or set up 1 or 2 tables. Also, I would like to encourage those who have a particular area of prepping you did that makes you proud to bring a display for other to see and maybe ask questions on how you accomplished your project. Example: small solar power station using car batteries, etc. or makeshift toilet for your BOL or other skill you an "expert" at.

Items prohibited are booze, firearms and profanity!. Other items such as firearms accessories and ammo are okay including cross bows and standard bows/arrows. We are working on getting a Boy Scout Troop or other youth organization to provide beverages and snacks/food. Also, a liability waiver will be signed to display.

Coming from the east take I-70 west to Hancock, MD take the first exit for Hancock (left inside lane) and drive thru town to Penna. Ave. (signal light and bank on the left) Turn right and drive into PA about 5 miles to Johnsons Mill Road and turn right. Go over 2 bridges and the meet is about another .25 mile. From Morgantown, WV and Cumberland, MD take I-68 to Hancock, take the first exit for town and US 522S, exit off 522 into Hancock which takes you under the bridge crossing the Potomac River. There is a Pizza Hut on the left. Turn left into town to the first light (PA Ave.) turn left and going into PA the same way. From the south out of WV and VA take I-81N (Berkeley and Jefferson Counties) to I-70 west at Hagerstown MD or US 522 north from the Winchester VA area through Berkeley Springs and across the Potomac River and take an immediate right. Go straight to a 4-way stop at PA Ave. turn left into PA. Now, Johnsons Mill Road is the 3rd paved road after entering PA and only goes right.

Those to the north in PA can take I-81S from Harrisburg or Chambersburg to I-70 W or US 522 south from McConnellsburg, from points west like Bedford take US 30E to Breezewood and then I-70S to Warfordsburg and take Rt 484 to 655. And the PA Turnpike intersects at Breezwood. Now for those totally confused you can email me at shuttle7@comcast.net tell me where you are coming from and I'll get you directions.

Setup time 8AM-9AM

Other postings will come
Defcon09

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Come on everybody, let's support this!! The mid-Atlantic needs to stick together. I have potentially 6 people/families that expressed interest in going and I am giving this a plug at the meetup next week.

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby sunshine50 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:08 am

I am interested inthis. Where is it? I sell Shelf Reliance Freeze dried food, solar ovens, emrgency products, and rotation shelving
Terry Mixer
sunshine50

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:08 am

sunshine50 wrote:I am interested inthis. Where is it? I sell Shelf Reliance Freeze dried food, solar ovens, emrgency products, and rotation shelving
Terry Mixer

The swap meet being held on Saturday April 28 will be located in Fulton County, PA. The coordinates (if you want to Google it) is: 39, 45' 00.20"N - 78, 08' 38.5"W and you should get a aerial picture. That should put you on top of a small brown roof building. It is located between PA Rt. 655 and Timber Ridge Road about 3 miles east of Warfordsburg, PA off I-70 south of Breezwood, PA.

This meet is open free to preppers, campers, hikers, hunters, fisherman to sell or trade your excess items with other like minded people. You can either tail gate from you vehicle or set up 1 or 2 tables. Also, I would like to encourage those who have a particular area of prepping you did that makes you proud to bring a display for other to see and maybe ask questions on how you accomplished your project. Example: small solar power station using car batteries, etc. or makeshift toilet for your BOL or other skill you an "expert" at.

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby fren2ken » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:04 pm

I'll be there! I'm looking forward to it. I likely won't be camping so, what time do we get set up?
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best"

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

If one doesn't learn from the Past, then they are sure to repeat it. Is that the way we want to go?
fren2ken
West Virginia Preppers Network
West Virginia Preppers Network

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:34 pm

8-9am according to Defcon who is Da MAn for making this possible.

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin

Postby Defcon09 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:57 pm

fren2ken wrote:I'll be there! I'm looking forward to it. I likely won't be camping so, what time do we get set up?

Hey buddy down da road, yep, setup is 8-9AM but you and I and R45 should arrange next week to head over and do some "site" review if ya have da time. 10-4?

RedHorse, yes saw the retailer and I will PM you with a question.
Defcon09

Next

Return to For Sale & Trade