• Advertisement

Measles Outbreak

Latest Disaster Information from Across the Country

Moderator: North Idaho Patriot

Re: Measles Outbreak

Postby AlabamaPoleCat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:07 pm

divers351 wrote:Technically viruses are not alive - without a host they die. Bacteria are alive - they need no host to survive. Viruses trick other cells into doing their dirty work (which is why they are so dangerous). Bacteria do their own dirty work :)

aaaa Ok so Virsui are basicly just out looking for something, smooth talking the Host's cells.... hmmm... sounds like a bunch High school boys. ;)
Revelations: " Good guys win Bad guys lose"

"One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed by your inferiors." Plato
Sheep Dogs Unite!

Your god with his hammer loses the final battle. My God wins the final battle. Any questions?
AlabamaPoleCat
Alabama Preppers Network
Alabama Preppers Network

Postby Senah » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:51 pm

AlabamaPoleCat wrote:
divers351 wrote:Technically viruses are not alive - without a host they die. Bacteria are alive - they need no host to survive. Viruses trick other cells into doing their dirty work (which is why they are so dangerous). Bacteria do their own dirty work :)

aaaa Ok so Virsui are basicly just out looking for something, smooth talking the Host's cells.... hmmm... sounds like a bunch High school boys. ;)

Scientific American on just that subject:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-viruses-alive-2004/
Senah

Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can - there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did. ~ Sarah Caldwell
Senah
Montana Preppers Network
Montana Preppers Network

Postby 98dot6 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:14 pm

I am personally in the pro majority camp for getting vaccinations. I am vaccinated for MMR (twice, once as a kid and later again for college) and also recently for Tdap. I get the Tdap every 10 years. I also wanted to get vaccinations for Shingles and for Pneumonia, but I am not old enough to get them and still be covered by insurance. In SHTF, when you are out there fighting with zombies, the last thing you need is some kind of virus. So to me, a vaccination is also a prep.
98dot6

Postby AlabamaPoleCat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:28 pm

Senah wrote:
AlabamaPoleCat wrote:

Scientific American on just that subject:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-viruses-alive-2004/

Thanks for the article.

"... It sheds its coat, bares its genes and induces the cell’s own replication machinery to reproduce ...." Yeap definately sounds like high school boys... ;)
Revelations: " Good guys win Bad guys lose"

"One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed by your inferiors." Plato
Sheep Dogs Unite!

Your god with his hammer loses the final battle. My God wins the final battle. Any questions?
AlabamaPoleCat
Alabama Preppers Network
Alabama Preppers Network

Postby sharons » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:41 am

vasilikinc wrote:Anyone else concerned that this may turn out to be a contagion? Just read this article and it pretty much summed up everything I've been thinking about in regards to this.

https://www.intellihub.com/contagion-mm ... spreading/
Sharons
http://americanpreppersnetwork.net/ucp.php?i=164
sharons

Previous

Return to National Disaster Alert