• Advertisement

Measles

General Preparedness Topics Relating to your Family

Moderators: IceFire, medic94

Re: Measles

Postby Illini Warrior » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:46 am

Mollypup wrote:It is wise, in general, to keep all vaccines up to date. Easiest way to do this is to request your family physician to do titers to check your immunity & see which ones you need to have redone. (cheaper too) Simple blood test. This blood test will also tell you if your natural immunity to a virus is still good as well. (from having had the virus)

This isn't just a immigrant issue. There are plenty of US citizens who refuse to vaccinate due to various reasons, the most popular being the fear of it causing autism which has been proven to be false.

My kids were all vaccinated. Youngest developed an allergy as she came out of toddlerhood, a very serious one (she'd had mild reactions prior that docs ignored). She can no longer be vaccinated. Vaccines for these deadly diseases don't just protect you, they help to protect those around you who can't have them themselves.

but keep in mind US born natives have achieved certain immunities and aren't active carriers - it's a wide open door in comparison to immigrants and a spectacular cluster frick when they are half dead illegals coming crawling under the border fences .... if you specifically prep for pandemics this is a major concern ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Re: Measles

Postby NJMike » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:48 am

I haven't had any vaccinations since childhood and have no idea what I had and when. I've been generally very healthy in terms of flu and the like. But past performance is no indication of future performance. There's good information in this topic to chew on, and I'll be considering a few shots in my near future. Thanks.
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Previous

Return to General Family Preparedness