• Advertisement

Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Survival and Sustainability tips and ideas for suburbanites and apartment dwellers

Moderators: IceFire, medic72

Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby bane5150 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:30 pm

I just started a petition on the White House petitions site. Will you sign it? http://wh.gov/iUvCq

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Make it mandatory to have "Ballistic Fiberglass" desktops and table tops in EVERY school. Flip on side for protection.
Bullet proof desks and tables for schools are obviously needed to protect our children from "Mentally I'll people" that wish to do harm.

The level of protection should be high enough to stop the AR-15 at minimum.

These desks and tables can be flipped on their side to give students and faculty cover and concealment. This is a much better option the NO protection at all.

This WILL SAVE LIVES. Not taking this action will only cost more lives, its really that simple.

What's the cost of a child's life?

Published Date: Oct 01, 2015
Issues: Education, Firearms, Homeland Security and Disaster Relief
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
User avatar
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network
 
Posts: 2777
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 pm
Location: Phoenix
Karma: 153

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby bane5150 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:03 pm

I need honest opinions about why the petition I created is not getting any kind of response not just here but on all social media sites? :?
I thought it was a good idea I honestly just dont get it.
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
User avatar
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network
 
Posts: 2777
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 pm
Location: Phoenix
Karma: 153

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby divers351 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Seriously? You want my 10 year old child to flip her desk over and hide behind it? I assume the shooter will be told to stand in one spot and not move - cause that has to happen. You want to stop a 5.56 round or a .40 round at close range?
divers351
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:30 pm
Karma: 31

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby Lynda » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:26 pm

bane5150 wrote:I need honest opinions about why the petition I created is not getting any kind of response not just here but on all social media sites? :?
I thought it was a good idea I honestly just dont get it.



I don't think a child that young would have the presence of mind to do this, but be frozen with fear as most adults would. A shooter can easily find the child.

I'd rather see an armed teacher and/or enhanced security presence and procedures.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
User avatar
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network
Massachusetts Preppers Network
 
Posts: 7451
Images: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby bane5150 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:30 pm

divers351 wrote:Seriously? You want my 10 year old child to flip her desk over and hide behind it? I assume the shooter will be told to stand in one spot and not move - cause that has to happen. You want to stop a 5.56 round or a .40 round at close range?

It is better than nothing at all. They have materials out there that will stop 5.56 no problem.
I never said a "shooter" couldn't move around.
It would give them a fighting chance. From what I understand students are told to hide under their desks. I heard a girl that was at that Oregon school talk on the news and she said she hid under her desk and wondered what good is that gonna do.
The sad part is is that it wont save everyone but it would possibly keep the numbers of deaths down.
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
User avatar
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network
 
Posts: 2777
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 pm
Location: Phoenix
Karma: 153

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby bane5150 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:32 pm

Lynda wrote:
bane5150 wrote:I need honest opinions about why the petition I created is not getting any kind of response not just here but on all social media sites? :?
I thought it was a good idea I honestly just dont get it.



I don't think a child that young would have the presence of mind to do this, but be frozen with fear as most adults would. A shooter can easily find the child.

I'd rather see an armed teacher and/or enhanced security presence and procedures.

I agree 100%..Unfortunately the "anti-gun" people I dont think will allow armed teachers in every classroom.
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
User avatar
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network
 
Posts: 2777
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 pm
Location: Phoenix
Karma: 153

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby rebnavy1862 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:44 pm

I'm working on getting a movement started to place a sheriff's deputy in each school. It would not cost that much, possibly $10 per county resident, per year.

At my wife's school, we already have a camera and "buzz in" access to the front door. You have to be known in order to get in. this will only give you access to the entrance atrium. With the flip of a switch you would be locked into the atrium. There is a third line of defense that closes a metal barrier to the two hallways. The county did this last year. It didn't cost that much.

Now, if I can just convince them to put a trap door at the entrance. I've volunteered to buy the alligators for the pit underneath.
Much cheaper than the costs of prosecution. Saves time, saves money, the gators get to eat.

Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network
 
Posts: 6046
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:44 pm
Location: Virginia
Karma: 352

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby Lynda » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:48 pm

bane5150 wrote:
Lynda wrote:
bane5150 wrote:I need honest opinions about why the petition I created is not getting any kind of response not just here but on all social media sites? :?
I thought it was a good idea I honestly just dont get it.



I don't think a child that young would have the presence of mind to do this, but be frozen with fear as most adults would. A shooter can easily find the child.

I'd rather see an armed teacher and/or enhanced security presence and procedures.

I agree 100%..Unfortunately the "anti-gun" people I dont think will allow armed teachers in every classroom.



And the WH would pay your petition no mind. Be easier talking to a drunk.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
User avatar
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network
Massachusetts Preppers Network
 
Posts: 7451
Images: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby bane5150 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:00 pm

I guess the whole Idea behind this petition was to get people talking about defensive measures to protect kids instead of attempting to take away our guns.
Lynda wrote:And the WH would pay your petition no mind. Be easier talking to a drunk.

Again I agree with you 110% and its really frustrating to me. I'm glad my kids are out of school now i was tired of worrying about them surviving going to school instead of worrying about there grades. This world we live in today is a nightmare. Guess that's why we are all here on APN and preparing.
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
User avatar
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network
 
Posts: 2777
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 pm
Location: Phoenix
Karma: 153

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby Lynda » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:06 pm

bane5150 wrote:I guess the whole Idea behind this petition was to get people talking about defensive measures to protect kids instead of attempting to take away our guns.
Lynda wrote:And the WH would pay your petition no mind. Be easier talking to a drunk.

Again I agree with you 110% and its really frustrating to me. I'm glad my kids are out of school now i was tired of worrying about them surviving going to school instead of worrying about there grades. This world we live in today is a nightmare. Guess that's why we are all here on APN and preparing.



Yes. I hope you don't think I was diminishing your idea but communicating with the WH isn't my idea of finding a solution. His only solution, as well as Shrillary and company, would be to ban guns. Then we can all live in a fairy tale land of rainbows, unicorns and lollipops. Just like good little sheep. I'm glad my sons are older and not in school as well, but there's no guarantee that anyone is safe anywhere. When we first bought his land over 10 years ago it was in the back of my head that it would be a safe place and at the time I could not have told you why. I feel safer here than anywhere else.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
User avatar
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network
Massachusetts Preppers Network
 
Posts: 7451
Images: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby bane5150 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Lynda wrote:Yes. I hope you don't think I was diminishing your idea but communicating with the WH isn't my idea of finding a solution. His only solution, as well as Shrillary and company, would be to ban guns. Then we can all live in a fairy tale land of rainbows, unicorns and lollipops. Just like good little sheep. I'm glad my sons are older and not in school as well, but there's no guarantee that anyone is safe anywhere. When we first bought his land over 10 years ago it was in the back of my head that it would be a safe place and at the time I could not have told you why. I feel safer here than anywhere else.

I know that the White House is the worst place to get common sense ideas to work. I just dont know any other way to get an idea like this one (or any other good idea) out there. I dont even care if this "bullet proof desk" thing goes through, anything that will protect kids from psychos is welcome.
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
User avatar
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network
 
Posts: 2777
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 pm
Location: Phoenix
Karma: 153

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby Lynda » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:25 pm

bane5150 wrote:
Lynda wrote:Yes. I hope you don't think I was diminishing your idea but communicating with the WH isn't my idea of finding a solution. His only solution, as well as Shrillary and company, would be to ban guns. Then we can all live in a fairy tale land of rainbows, unicorns and lollipops. Just like good little sheep. I'm glad my sons are older and not in school as well, but there's no guarantee that anyone is safe anywhere. When we first bought his land over 10 years ago it was in the back of my head that it would be a safe place and at the time I could not have told you why. I feel safer here than anywhere else.

I know that the White House is the worst place to get common sense ideas to work. I just dont know any other way to get an idea like this one (or any other good idea) out there. I dont even care if this "bullet proof desk" thing goes through, anything that will protect kids from psychos is welcome.



I think that if I were a parent I'd get together with other like minded parents in my community and petition to add security to schools. It's been tried in Worcester, but as usual, the powers that be refuse to put a police presence in the most violent high schools where principals, teachers and other students are most attacked. Instead, they banned hoodies.. yeah, that's the ticket! Hoodies are the source of all the violence in Worcester schools. You see how ridiculous it all is?
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
User avatar
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network
Massachusetts Preppers Network
 
Posts: 7451
Images: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby divers351 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:10 pm

My girls school has one way in and one way out (except emergency exits). You must be buzzed into the office area first. Then you must be buzzed out of the office area into the school area. On top of that if the school is in lock down ALL hallway doors slam shut and lock. Each classroom door is automatically locked when closed and can only be opened from the inside (regardless of lockdown condition). The hallway doors can only be unlocked with the master key or taking the school off of lockdown (which requires a code). Not perfect, but they had a security expert give input when the school was recently built.
divers351
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:30 pm
Karma: 31

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby Gunns » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:02 pm

So after the gubernate settles on this desk at $10,000 per desk they will spend a cool $777 Billion dollars.
____________________________________________________________________________
Life Time NRA Member
Life Time Oath Keeper
Can't fix Stupid no matter how much you try
User avatar
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: NE Texas

Re: Whats wrong with this idea? "Bullet Proof Desks"

Postby bane5150 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:21 pm

Gunns wrote:So after the gubernate settles on this desk at $10,000 per desk they will spend a cool $777 Billion dollars.

I know its expensive very expensive. If only we had a government that didnt waste money so that projects like this could be a possibility.

Romina Boccia wrote:The Heritage Foundation
Eighty-five percent of the projected growth in spending over the next decade is due to entitlement spending and interest on the debt. Obamacare is the largest driver of increasing federal health care spending, and it alone will add $1.8 trillion in federal spending by 2024.


Whatever the cost its worth it to protect students.
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
User avatar
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network
 
Posts: 2777
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 pm
Location: Phoenix
Karma: 153

Next

Return to Urban/Suburban Survival

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for the APN Email Newsletter - Enter your e-mail address below


  Links and Resources
  -Links
  -Podcasts
  -Free Ebooks



Trusted Sponsors









Copyright
For Notices of Copyright infringement and to contact our DMCA Agent please follow the link below:
Copyright Policy

For terms of use, rules, and policies please read our Disclaimer