• Advertisement

the urban menu gross?

How-To and tips on foraging in urban areas

the urban menu gross?

Postby boltactionreducer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:13 pm

So what happens when the foods rotten and the prepackaged stuff is gone. Since most urban areas are covered with concrete there will be only small pockets of wild editable if you know what to look for. However there just wont be enough to go around so what is one to do, start eating what you can. My guess is pets are some of the first things to go on the menu. followed by the few bushy tailed critters in the city like squirrel and coon and even things like rats and mice despite health issues of eating these types of animals within the city limits with the exception of perhaps the squirrel. Another food source may be bb gun birds other country's like france and china eat allot of small birds and should not be discounted. I wont even brush over the other available meat source. I could be wrong about this but i don't think so which is why i wouldn't want to be in the city for long when it go's down. As hunger will certainly be the driving force behind any and all chaos. I would be interest in other suggestion like worm stew. I know what your thinking i'd never eat that bet you would if your starving to death. I know it's gross but within the city limits your options are limited.
boltactionreducer

Re: the urban menu gross?

Postby Das Sheep » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:18 pm

A BB gun is also an excellent way to teach first time shooters to shoot without wasting ammo.

Um I think though that in our metropolises any possible food will be consumed pretty darn quick in a total collapse. Its a sad fact that cities produce very little, so they have little to trade, and have a massive population. Sandy, if nothing else, showed us just how quickly a city runs out of everything, and how quickly people will turn on each other.
Das Sheep
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Bubba J » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 am

That's about it when it comes for sources of food in a city unless you happen to live on the coast and able to go fishing, crabbing, etc. Remember, there's always the ability to grow a garden for those who have the space.
“Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.”
Bubba J
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby pelenaka » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:33 am

boltactionreducer wrote:So what happens when the foods rotten and the prepackaged stuff is gone?

People start walking heading for where they believe food will be. Burbs, country, coast.
pelenaka
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Return to Urban Foraging