• Advertisement

Ghillie Suit for Urban Foraging and Survival

How-To and tips on foraging in urban areas

Ghillie Suit for Urban Foraging and Survival

Postby Assemble on Us » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 am

Stealth and camouflage will be critical elements to survival, no matter the environment. Would love to see/hear what other folks have come up with to blend into the surrounding terrain.

Stay safe.
Assemble on Us

Re: Ghillie Suit for Urban Foraging and Survival

Postby Das Sheep » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:36 am

Neat video!
Das Sheep
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby namwal » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:19 am

I don't plan to be anywhere near a major population center post SHTF. He does say something to the effect that some folks don't survive disaster situations because they can't come to grips with the new reality. There is truth and wisdom in those words.
"World oil production can probably keep going up for another 6 or 8 years. But some time in the 1980s it can’t go up much more. Demand will overtake production."-jimmy carter 1977

"Because of increased dust, cloud cover and water vapor the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born"-Newsweek 1970

"civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind,”-George Wald 1970.
namwal
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Assemble on Us » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:50 am

Das Sheep wrote:Neat video!

Appreciate it. I'm trying to walk a fine line between being a little entertaining as well as passing along some good information, and just looking like a complete nut. Time will tell which way it goes.
Assemble on Us

Postby Assemble on Us » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 am

namwal wrote:I don't plan to be anywhere near a major population center post SHTF. He does say something to the effect that some folks don't survive disaster situations because they can't come to grips with the new reality. There is truth and wisdom in those words.

Thanks for the comments. I agree, being stuck in an urban setting post SHTF would not be my first choice.
Assemble on Us

Postby Gunns » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:21 am

Its too noisy. The idea of a ghillie suit is stealth, if you walk and sound like a trash can you aren't very stealthy. Now the premise is good, just find stuff that don't sound like paper and plastic out for a stroll.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby WyoDutch » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:42 am

I've been tempted to wear one when I go into town for my mail. Either that, or dressed like the SWAT dorks.
You know times are bad in America when GW Bush's presidency starts looking good..
WyoDutch
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby Assemble on Us » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Gunns wrote:Its too noisy. The idea of a ghillie suit is stealth, if you walk and sound like a trash can you aren't very stealthy. Now the premise is good, just find stuff that don't sound like paper and plastic out for a stroll.

I didn't find noise discipline to be too much of a problem with it in my limited field tests. Just walking through the rubble of an urban survival scenario is going to make more noise than the suit puts off. If I was going to make another one, I would ditch the aluminum can, and the inner trash bag (during the summer months), but other than that, I probably wouldn't do too much with it.
Assemble on Us

Postby Antat1955 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:47 am

Assemble on Us wrote:

Stealth and camouflage will be critical elements to survival, no matter the environment. Would love to see/hear what other folks have come up with to blend into the surrounding terrain.
sniper ghillie suit
Stay safe.

Very nice video after watching your tutorial anybody can make his own Ghillie Suit
Antat1955

Return to Urban Foraging