• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Save water to save money.

Tips and ideas on how to make the most of what we have....or what others have thrown away.

Postby maudiekmyers » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:02 am

Take shorter showers to reduce water use. This will lower your water and heating bills too.
Install a low-flow showerhead. They don't cost much, and the water and energy savings can quickly pay back your investment.
Make sure you have a faucet aerator on each faucet. These inexpensive appliances conserve heat and water, while keeping water pressure high.
Plant drought-tolerant native plants in your garden. Many plants need minimal watering. Find out which occur naturally in your area.

Moderator note: This was actually a SPAM post, for an "essay writing service. But, since the earlier part was actually useful, I simply deleted the spam link and left the rest. :D
maudiekmyers

Re: Save water to save money.

Postby oldasrocks » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:12 am

Nah, we can run our well pump 24 hrs on $2. of electricity. Plenty of good water 400 ft deep.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:09 am

I'm with Rocks. Well water and a propane Rennai on demand water heater. Thirty minute, steaming showers for almost no cost. We saved about $20 a month on electric after installing the on demand heater. It sips propane, so no increase in cost there.

My wife's sister lives in the city of Chesapeake. The city water is undrinkable, so they also have to buy bottled water for cooking and drinking.

You can keep your city "conveniences".

Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby peekachoo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:23 am

i doubt that 2% are as prepped as we are! How do we protect against the other 98%?
peekachoo
Colorado Preppers Network

Postby Stahlrosen » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:42 am

peekachoo wrote:i doubt that 2% are as prepped as we are! How do we protect against the other 98%?

More ammo........
Stahlrosen

Postby Cast Iron » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:46 am

peekachoo wrote:i doubt that 2% are as prepped as we are! How do we protect against the other 98%?

Convince them it is in their best interest to remain calm, stay in place, wait for the gooberment to come and save them.

Not that I would ever suggest taking this course of action, but I know of a few outside of major cities that have access to heavy equipment, and chainsaws.

In an hour or less, they can construct road barriers, fell large trees to make roads impassible.

Again, I would never consider doing such an act myself.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby oldasrocks » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:50 am

Nobody knows the answer to that. i think you have 3 choices.

1. share everything till you are out too.
2. shoot everyone till you run out of bullets
3. Hide until Mother Nature thins the herd.

I chose the 3rd one.
oldasrocks

Postby peekachoo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:26 am

Thanks for the advice. Our roads are so bad now it wouldnt take 10 minutes to close them. We hope mother nature is on our side. Our neigbors have proven they cannot be trusted. We have built a mile of fence around the house and it is all within range. Just need more eyes that knows how to massage!
peekachoo

Postby Cast Iron » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:58 am

peekachoo wrote:Thanks for the advice. Our roads are so bad now it wouldnt take 10 minutes to close them. We hope mother nature is on our side. Our neigbors have proven they cannot be trusted. We have built a mile of fence around the house and it is all within range. Just need more eyes that knows how to massage!

Depending on the time of year SHTF, if it was winter, the plows not running . . . no one is going anywhere for any appreciable distance.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby peekachoo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:03 pm

Thats right! We own the only big snow plow up here. We also own 3 very good wells.
peekachoo

Postby IceFire » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:53 pm

We have a good well. We just need to take the well "off grid", power-wise, which we are already planning to do.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby peekachoo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:14 pm

We have all three off grid. 2 are about 15 gpm and one is about 40 gpm. Plenty of good water! Thanks to the fact I married a witch. She can find water in the desert.
peekachoo

Return to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle