• Advertisement

SDR Hardware Recommendations

General HAM Radio topics. A great place for both experienced operators and for newbies to get started and ask questions

SDR Hardware Recommendations

Postby hannibel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 pm

I am looking for a low cost hardware solution to get more into SDR (Software Defined Radio). Most I have found are as costly as a new UHF/VHF/HF rig. So I want something that does not cost in the thousands to hack around with.

Anyone have any experience with http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr ?
Prepper on Tumblr - http://prepper.tumblr.com

Re: SDR Hardware Recommendations

Postby simpleman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 pm

Depending on what your trying to do,I picked up a small rec.only all band 160 to 60 meters from a man who makes them in both kit and complete form . They are called Softrock I spent 95 for rec. 80 for a sound card for laptop I allready had a dipole ant, for my ham station . The software is a free download. I can sit and listen to anything on any band .
We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." - Ayn Rand (1905-1982

Support APN and become a Gold Member Today! Free E-book "It's a Disaster And What Are You Gonna Do About It?" Free Lifetime Membership at SafeCastle Royal. 30% Discount at SurvivalCD.com. All this and more! Sign Up Here
Virginia State Moderator
Virginia State Moderator

Return to HAM Radio Open Discussions