• Advertisement

TET

If you are retired or active duty military, APN salutes you for your service. This is your place to share your thoughts, ideas, experiences and skills.

Moderators: mmpaints, BATTLEBOY SURPLUS

TET

Postby Fullmoon » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 am

Yesterday, Jan 29th was the 50th anniversary of the beginning of the TET offensive in the Republic Of South Viet Nam. A half a century has gone by and not one single word was mentioned about it by the main stream media. No big deal as the American population has placed that war in the memory closet where nobody can be reminded of it. To those who were there, congratulations, you lived through it, outnumbered and out gunned. A true survival situation.
Fullmoon

Re: TET

Postby Illini Warrior » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:04 am

Fullmoon wrote:Yesterday, Jan 29th was the 50th anniversary of the beginning of the TET offensive in the Republic Of South Viet Nam. A half a century has gone by and not one single word was mentioned about it by the main stream media. No big deal as the American population has placed that war in the memory closet where nobody can be reminded of it. To those who were there, congratulations, you lived through it, outnumbered and out gunned. A true survival situation.

part of the "new" MSM is burying the past and not reviving anything that doesn't interest the Millenials - anything WW2 or Korean gets no mention - only time it's really allowed is if it ties in with an anti type article that the MSM is boosting .... and these days it's almost all anti Trump in one fashion or other ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby kenjabroni » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:48 pm

That is really sad. I had 3 uncles over there. I was always interested in studying it in school and we studied civil war and world wars very intensely and then we spent next to nothing on Korean and Vietnam which upset me. The men that fought over there have seem to be forgotten in history and that is really sad. I appreciate all of their service and heard some horror stories of servicemen returning and such from family and friends that served and returned. These men deserved better
kenjabroni
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby bacpacker1513 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:33 pm

MSN just don't tell the facts even when discussing history. Haven't for a long time now.

My dad was KIA in 1966 in Nam. Going thru school Korea and Nam weren't hardly mentioned. Not even much on WWI or WWII. Mostly it was all on political aspects. I can't imagine what kind of BS they try and pass for history today.
Greater Love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend.
John 15:13
bacpacker1513
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Return to Military