• Advertisement

Pennsylvania Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Welcome! New Members Introduce yourself here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, kr105

Pennsylvania Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Postby admin » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:56 pm

The APN is conducting a Network-wide Roll Call. All Preppers Please Respond.

Pennsylvania Preppers,

Please respond to this post and let us know what you've been doing to prepare lately. Share any tips, ideas or educational information that you might have for others.

Don't forget to check back to your state group regularly so you can interact with fellow members. This is very important, checking in frequently will ensure that you don't miss any new members. If you are interested in starting or joining a meetup, be sure to check into your state meetup section as well.

*Update, We now have a video that shows you step by step how to join your states usergroup and add your states tag to your avatar. Please watch the following video

-------------------------------------------------------------
What you can do to support the APN

1) Check out our new Webstore! Visit: Http://www.Store.PreppersNetwork.com If you are looking for food storage, we've got it! In the store you will find an excellent lineup of the major food storage brands: Mountain House, Alpine Aire, Backpackers Pantry, Wise Food Storage, and Tomorrows Harvest. We even have some awesome Brear Grylls Products, Water storage and purifiers and several more survival and preparedness supplies. We will always be adding new products, including a new proposed lineup of products made by fellow Preppers, for Preppers. Next time you add to your preps, be sure to remember the APN!

2) Become a Contributing blogger for the APN. New content to our blogs means more information to share with others. More content and information will attract more traffic and will bring more members to join your states group. More fellow members means more people for you to network with. And what's more is we even offer you an income opportunity for your blog posts as well as links back to your own site so that YOU can get more traffic to YOUR site as well! Here is more detail about the blogging opportunity:
http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.com/2012/01/bloggers-needed-for-apn.html

Here is a video that will walk you step by step to becoming a contributing blogger:

Check out some of our new blogs!

http://Alabama.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Alaska.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Arizona.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Georgia.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Illinois.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Indiana.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Massachusetts.PreppersNetwork.com
http://NorthCarolina.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Ohio.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Oregon.PreppersNetwork.com
http://Pennsylvania.PreppersNetwork.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to answer the Roll Call! Simply reply to this post and let us know what you are doing to prepare.
admin

Re: Pennsylvania Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Postby ReadyMom » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Checkin' in for the Jan '12 Roll Call.

looks like PA is growing in members :D .

I'm still working on cleaning my wheat berries, that I purchased late, this fall. I've even milled a bit through my new Jr. Delux grinder and made my first-ever flour. Even my 18 y/o son was impressed that I made flour :rolleyes: .

Watching grocery prices soar, I'm trying to purchase more canned veggies and fruits. I looked at a small jar of peanut butter, the other day and saw that it was over double what I paid in the summer. Hopefully, those prices will drop a bit, if the peanut crops are not harmed, this year.

Found a GREAT ethnic bizarre near me where there are all kinds of spices, grains, beans and produce at prices not found in the local grocery stores. If you don't want to order wheat berries, they have them in small 2# bags for $1.99 . Not cheap, but a way to get some a little at a time, if that's the only way you can get them.

So ... PA ... What are YOU up to?? -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby bobpick » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm here! Working on planning the garden.
bobpick

Postby recon » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Always checking the inventory. Getting the food supply up and working on the BOB's. Also always looking at getting books for more info all things that deal with SHTF.

:gunsmile:
What Do I Believe In?
AMMO!
But It Cheap!
Stack It Deep!
recon
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby ewalko » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:35 pm

Checking in from Greene Co.
ewalko

Postby anita » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Here in Bucks Co. Got chickens, Have almost completed a raised bed garden. Hoping to focus on first aid and learning to shoot this year.
anita

Postby UncleJoe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:45 am

Present!!

Same ole same ole. :)
And To The Republic For Which It Used To Stand

[b]The powers that be are telling us there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

What they’re not telling us is that it’s an oncoming train.[/b]
UncleJoe

Postby xXx » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:55 am

I'm still here. :-)
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives should be a convenience store, not a government bureaucracy.
xXx

Postby rkluskie1 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:02 pm

I'm still here too! Working on stocking up on the OTC meds. Uncle Joe, I canned my own apple sauce this year! I was so proud of myself. My first canning ever! I'm still impressed with your wax beans from the meetup. And your pear slices. Yum. I invested in an excaliber dehydrator, but haven't used it yet. Just got a new chest freezer for Buck season and DH stocked it with about 100# meat. Stocked up on butter. Karns has Keller's for 2 - 1lb packs for $5.00. That is a stock up price. I haven't seen Keller's that low for a while. Still working on couponing to help on the stockpile.

Just helped 20 ladies from my church complete an NRA handgun safety class, which was a milestone for me to find 20 ladies that wanted to pick up a gun! Also, added to the home security, if you know what I mean :gunsmile:

Planning out the garden, looking to take a CPR class, First Aid class and reading whatever I can on Survival of any kind.
rkluskie1

Postby DaveP » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi - still working in PGH and surrounding areas.

Got more backup heat (kerosene heater for $50)...now just need to get my natural gas logs installed then tri-heat goodness!

Finally got a Meetup.com site for PGH and SW PA preppers - please join up!

http://www.meetup.com/PGH-Preppers

-DaveP
PGH PA
DaveP

Postby heatheroo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Heatheroo checking in. I'm in Pike County weekdays, Lancaster county weekend days and you'll find my band Geezer playing Bucks county weekend nights. In the end the 2nd amendment is the only one that counts.
heatheroo

Postby Defcon09 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Checking in since my BOL is in southern Fulton County

Finishing up my storage room in the basement, reloading ammo, planning alternative energy source and checking my priority lists. It changes monthly.Going over my communications gear, very important. On the BOL we will be prepping a location for temporary but secure structure and gardening.
Defcon09

Postby UncleJoe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:18 pm

rkluskie1 wrote:Uncle Joe, I canned my own apple sauce this year! I was so proud of myself. My first canning ever!

It's a great feeling when you can just go down to the cellar grocery store and pick up dinner. Ironically, we just had some of the wax beans tonight with meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
Unfortunately, pears were very hard to come by this year so the only dried fruit I have are peaches and apples.
And To The Republic For Which It Used To Stand

[b]The powers that be are telling us there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

What they’re not telling us is that it’s an oncoming train.[/b]
UncleJoe

Postby Ronin4hire » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Beaver County checking in- howdy neighbors!
Always expanding the pantry supply and keeping eyes open for super deals...
Looks like replacing a furnace is going to take its toll on discretionary funds for a while
Upside is a higher efficiency furnace/AC and hot water heater for lower utility cost in the long run
Electric draw on the new furnace blower will be QUITE low so wont overtax the small gene backup power
Planning for bigger gardening next season, probably starting stuff from seeds too
Hopefully a few of us around the PGH area can manage to get together sometime too???
Ronin4hire

Postby yaHalyna » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:36 am

Checking in, Beaver County.
January is all for re-organizing. Going through all my lists, kits, inventories, stocks, storage. Making sure all I have is updated and completed.
1 more trip shopping and I'll have 1 year supply for 3 people....then planning for the long term storage.
Also winter is a great time for my canning. Canning more meats and learning how to can things that I thought were not possible to can!
And I made up a big stack of candles from 'odd and end' wax I've collected over the past year.
yaHalyna

Next

Return to Check In Here Pennsylvania Preppers