• Advertisement

Cabala's Black Friday Door Buster

General PA topics go here

Moderators: ReadyMom, kr105

Cabala's Black Friday Door Buster

Postby Photon Guy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:29 am

As usual Cabela's is having their Black Friday door buster this Friday and this of course includes the Cabela's in Hamburg, PA for those on APN who are familiar with it. The doors open at 5 AM but if you want to take advantage of the prizes they give out you've got to be there way before that. I hope to get there early enough to get a good spot in line. Supposedly there are people who camp out in the parking lot for this event. I was there last year, it was crazy but fun. So Im just posting to notify everybody of this years Black Friday event.
Photon Guy

Re: Cabala's Black Friday Door Buster

Postby NJMike » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 am

Got there last year around 4am after a 2 hour drive. Unfortunately, all the people from PA who got an extra hour sleep were still an hour ahead in line for the door prizes...

Still was good shopping, but not this year. I made other plans.

Have fun Photon Guy!
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby rickdun » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:49 am

I got their black friday catalog today in the mail.

Although I like cabala's and enjoy going through their store and have almost 300 points on my cabala's card, I can get the stuff cheaper locally. I can get my 5.56/.223 ammo (1000) rounds here 12.00 cheaper. I just ordered another 2000 rounds from the local mom/pop store in the next town over.

I do buy my AGM batteries for my battery banks from them.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Miss D » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Husband and I are going to the one in West Virginia, it's closer then the one in Hamburg.

Got my mom and dad to watch the kids so we're going out there after Thanksgiving dinner and spending the night.

Rickdun, I sent you a PM on where you're buying your ammo, if it's close enough to us, I'll be changing where we buy ours.
Miss D

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:41 am

NJMike wrote:Got there last year around 4am after a 2 hour drive. Unfortunately, all the people from PA who got an extra hour sleep were still an hour ahead in line for the door prizes...

Still was good shopping, but not this year. I made other plans.

Have fun Photon Guy!

I'll miss you but I wish you the best for whatever other plans you've made. Hard to pass up a chance to visit the beautiful state of Pennsylvania. Happy Thanksgiving. :D
Photon Guy

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:43 am

rickdun wrote:I got their black friday catalog today in the mail.

Although I like cabala's and enjoy going through their store and have almost 300 points on my cabala's card, I can get the stuff cheaper locally. I can get my 5.56/.223 ammo (1000) rounds here 12.00 cheaper. I just ordered another 2000 rounds from the local mom/pop store in the next town over.

So where do you buy your ammo? I might want to shop there if I can get a better deal.
Photon Guy

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:45 am

Miss D wrote:Husband and I are going to the one in West Virginia, it's closer then the one in Hamburg.

Got my mom and dad to watch the kids so we're going out there after Thanksgiving dinner and spending the night.

Rickdun, I sent you a PM on where you're buying your ammo, if it's close enough to us, I'll be changing where we buy ours.

So which WV location are you going to? I've been to the Wheeling location a bunch of times. Its a great location, its really big just slightly smaller than the Hamburg location, and they've got a tremendous selection to choose from.
Photon Guy

Postby rickdun » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:45 am

Photon Guy wrote:
rickdun wrote:I got their black friday catalog today in the mail.

So where do you buy your ammo? I might want to shop there if I can get a better deal.

I get all my (bulk) ammo from a small archery/fishing store in the next town called Bub's archery/fishing. They do have a internet sight but they do not sell anything via the net. They get all their bulk ammo from Grice's wholesale out of Clearfield, Pa..

1000 rounds 5.56/223, 62 grain, 299.99. I don't pay by check or credit card, a little cheaper that way. I just placed an order with him for 2000 more rounds, should be in today.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun

Postby MrDanB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 am

Here in Wa., they camp out for this event. Last time I went, it took me 3 hours in line to get to the registers. I'm thinking I need the sleep more than the bargains...
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Postby Miss D » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:02 am

Photon Guy wrote:
Miss D wrote:Husband and I are going to the one in West Virginia, it's closer then the one in Hamburg.

So which WV location are you going to? I've been to the Wheeling location a bunch of times. Its a great location, its really big just slightly smaller than the Hamburg location, and they've got a tremendous selection to choose from.

We go to Wheeling Cabala's, we also have been to the one in Hamburg, Pa., Avon, OH., and the one in Dundee, Mi., we love them all.
Miss D

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:23 am

rickdun wrote:I get all my (bulk) ammo from a small archery/fishing store in the next town called Bub's archery/fishing. They do have a internet sight but they do not sell anything via the net. They get all their bulk ammo from Grice's wholesale out of Clearfield, Pa..

1000 rounds 5.56/223, 62 grain, 299.99. I don't pay by check or credit card, a little cheaper that way. I just placed an order with him for 2000 more rounds, should be in today.

I've never been to Bub's but I've been to Grice's. They've got a really big selection on guns, even bigger than Cabela's, but they're quite far from me. I should perhaps check them out for wholesale ammo.
Photon Guy

Postby casualprepper » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:40 pm

Any recommendations on good prepping gear? Preferably on the cheaper side... ;)
casualprepper

Postby Photon Guy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:49 am

casualprepper wrote:Any recommendations on good prepping gear? Preferably on the cheaper side... ;)

Well for guns I would recommend internet purchases, sites such as https://grabagun.com and https://www.cheaperthandirt.com and https://www.gunauction.com are good sites. You will usually get much better prices than what you can get at most gun shops even when you do add in the transfer fee that you will pay when you pick your guns up. I usually do not buy guns at Cabela's anymore since you will usually be paying way too much. Cabala's tends to price gouge on gun prices. I do use Cabela's for transfers when I buy guns off the internet since they only charge a $25 transfer fee which is better than what most other gun shops I know of will charge. Cabala's can have good ammo prices although as rickdun has pointed out there are places where you can get ammo for even less. One of the best places to buy ammo that I know of is called Stockpile but they're located all the way out in Nevada so I only buy ammo from them when Im taking classes at Frontsight. As a Frontsight member I get a discount on their ammo prices when I buy ammo from their trailer that they have on the Frontsight grounds. As good as their prices are, though, they are somewhat limited in what calibers they've got available. Cabala's has good camping gear. I've bought a portable propane heater at Cabela's as well as a tent which came with sleeping bags and some all around camping gear such as knives, eating utensils, and so forth and first aid supplies. Cabala's also has emergency food which has a shelf life of 20 years, I've got a bunch of food buckets. I've also got a smoker from Cabela's which works really well and I've got a generator and a vacuum sealer, both of which I have not yet used.
Photon Guy

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:30 pm

casualprepper wrote:Any recommendations on good prepping gear? Preferably on the cheaper side... ;)

MidwayUSA has a decent military surplus section. Lightly used ALICE packs, military imports and the like at decent prices.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby Photon Guy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:38 pm

So I was at Cabela's this morning quite early you could say as I got there about 12:30 AM and there were already lots of people there, people had set up tents and camped out for this. Got lots of ammo and some first aid and camping gear and a big 5 gallon gas container. Didn't win any of the guns unfortunately but at least I did win a prize although I was hoping to win the Browning 12 gauge. So now that I've done all that, now that I've been a Black Friday zombie, its time to rest off the zombie-itus and regain my humanity.
Photon Guy

Next

Return to Pennsylvania Discussion, News and Weather