• Advertisement

Dehydrating Your Own Applesauce

Topics for discussing dehydration, drying, and smoking as methods for food preservation

Dehydrating Your Own Applesauce

Postby ReadyMom » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:52 pm

Has anyone dehydrated their own apple sauce? I just threw out about 10 jars of apple sauce that was a number of years old. We didn't use it fast enough (as the kids grew older) and it turned brown in the jars! I'm replacing it all with dehydrated or freeze dried. I have a dehydrator, so I could dehydrate my own (I think). Not sure what the shelf life would be, doing it myself vs purchasing the #10 cans.

(I've posted a question, over on the general food forum asking for input on purchasing those cans). Apple sauce has been one of my 'live & learn' items in food storage. :( -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Drying, Dehydrating, & Smoking