• Advertisement

Putting up Peanut butter & seeds & Patriot Supply Coffee

Preparedness General Discussion

Moderator: medic94

Re: Putting up Peanut butter & seeds & Patriot Supply Coffee

Postby Gunns » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:49 am

Well I knocked out 20 Mylar bags out of this PB.

I purchased these mylar bags that work on the foodsaver. They have ribs in them like the normal foodsaver plastic bags. They are about 1 gallon and were too big for the task. I cut them in half, sealed the one end of the cut portion in the foodsaver and then double sealed it below that seal with my hand held sealer. Two seals better than one.

I next scooped up about 2.5 Cups of the powder using a a half inch measure and carefully put it into the 20 bags. Cleaned the inside edges of the bags just in case for sealing purposes. Once I had them all lined up I opened my O2 absorber bag. They were still good (o2 absorber bags get hard if they are toast). Put one 300CC in each of the 20 bags and sealed them asap on the foodsaver.

These new bags sealed really well on the foodsaver but I then added another seal with my manual one just in case. Call me paranoid. Put them all in a 5 Gallon bucket and labeled the bucket.

You can just make out the double seal. Below the "PB" printing is the foodsaver seal and the manual one is above it. If you look close you can just make out the outline of the O2 absorber.
Attachments
PB-Mylar.JPG
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby air commando » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:51 am

where did you get those bags and who makes them? I've been looking for mylar bags to use with the foodsaver with no luck.
air commando

Postby Gunns » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:57 am

air commando wrote:where did you get those bags and who makes them? I've been looking for mylar bags to use with the foodsaver with no luck.

http://mylarbagsdirect.com/1gavasemyba.html

I like them and will be buying more.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Previous

Return to General Preparedness Discussion