• Advertisement

Randon thought - refugees

Preparedness General Discussion

Moderator: medic94

Randon thought - refugees

Postby Permafrost » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:55 am

So I was coming back to town tonight and I saw a convoy of vehicles pulled over at a pullout, and for some reason my first thought was refugees. I have no idea why my mind went there, but it was what I thought as I passed them.

There were 4 vehicles at a pullout, obviously traveling in a group. A jeep, a motorhome, a truck pulling a camper, and a truck pulling a trailer. They were pulled over running a suitcase generator with a power cord running inside the trailer. Lots of kids playing in the grass and the adults all milling about and talking. These were not down on their luck people, all newer vehicles and middle to upper class white people. I don't know why my mind instantly screamed refugees, but it did. When I think about it they were probably just some group coming back from fishing and were running the gen set to keep their fish frozen in a freezer in the trailer, but at the time it struck me as something different.

I don't know why I thought what I did, but upon reading some of the headlines I have missed while out of town I am now pondering what I saw. Likewise I have no idea why I'm even posting this, but I think I will take another bucket of rice up with me when I leave town in a few days. It's not like it will spoil.

Sometimes you chase the raven & it leads you to wonderful places, other times the raven will only lead you to folly.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Interior Alaska
Karma: 97

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby handyman777 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:29 am

A neighbor of mine was camping in the upper peninsula in MI near Munising; He said the refugees up there are really bad and rude (we can thank our government for that) what a way to ruin some beautiful land. I believe this has a lot to do with the air base that closed in Marquette Mi. which lead to a lot of vacancies.
handyman777
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:40 am
Karma: 13

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby rickdun » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:34 am

Our state and federal tax dollars at work. :shakeno: No wonder we're 20 trillion dollars in debt.


Let alone the 10's of billions of dollars of our tax dollars the government gives in foreign aid every year, then we pay through the nose for everything we want.

I better quit before I explode and say something I'll regret. :help: :help:
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:40 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Karma: 16

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby Mollypup » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:04 am

Permafrost ALWAYS trust your instinct.

Sure, sometimes you can't always nail down exactly why it was triggered, but you obviously picked up on something that set off your sensors. That it did so enough you felt the need to post it makes me think whatever it was it was significant.

Worst mistake people make is ignoring their internal warning system or trying to explain it away (reason) once it's triggered if they don't consciously pick up on the cause. That whole fear of being wrong thing or looking foolish.

The problem with the refugees is that plenty of them are likely upstanding people but their numbers have been easily infiltrated by the enemy.
User avatar
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Ohio
Karma: 109

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby Permafrost » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Mollypup wrote:Permafrost ALWAYS trust your instinct.

Sure, sometimes you can't always nail down exactly why it was triggered, but you obviously picked up on something that set off your sensors. That it did so enough you felt the need to post it makes me think whatever it was it was significant.

That's the thing Mollypup, dammed if I know what made me think it or why it is still sticking with me even after I've slept on it. Maybe its the set-up. One vehicle for scouting, two for cooking/lodging, and one for hauling with the enclosed trailer. I know I'm hyperaware towards people after I come back from the cabin because I never see them, and I'm always trying to figure out what they are doing. Who knows.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Interior Alaska
Karma: 97

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby kenjabroni » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:03 pm

rickdun wrote:Our state and federal tax dollars at work. :shakeno: No wonder we're 20 trillion dollars in debt.


Let alone the 10's of billions of dollars of our tax dollars the government gives in foreign aid every year, then we pay through the nose for everything we want.

I better quit before I explode and say something I'll regret. :help: :help:


Agree with you 100% rick. There are a lot of us about to explode just thinking about these things.


Perma, I also agree to trust your instincts.......Gut feelings seem to be on point I have found. Be safe up there. Just because they are driving and using newer vehicles dont mean they arent scum.
kenjabroni
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 am
Location: Texas
Karma: 5

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby daaswampman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Refugees are not what they used to be! Five families were recently settled in a small town near here. They bought five nice homes and three local businesses with interest free government resettlement loans! After word got out, those businesses are struggling and it is the U.S. Taxpayers who will eat the loss. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network
 
Posts: 8118
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby Blondie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:13 pm

handyman777 wrote:A neighbor of mine was camping in the upper peninsula in MI near Munising; He said the refugees up there are really bad and rude (we can thank our government for that) what a way to ruin some beautiful land. I believe this has a lot to do with the air base that closed in Marquette Mi. which lead to a lot of vacancies.


There is an Immigration Detention Center that was built in The Soo. Dude, The Soo?! :'(
I have a LEO friend who feels it's not safe up there any more.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:56 pm
Location: In The Kitchen With Baby Dumpling
Karma: 46

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby Stahlrosen » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Perma, I agree with the other sentiments. Go with your instincts, if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. That "funny feeling" one gets is there for a reason.
We used to go to a local restaurant occasionally and one of the waitresses just made me uncomfortable. She seemed perfectly nice and all, there was just something about her that set the neck hairs up. Come to find out she was hooked in with a bunch of drug dealers and off cheating on her husband. Creepy. So I always trust that funny feeling I get about some people or situations.
User avatar
Stahlrosen
 
Posts: 505
Images: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:43 pm
Karma: 20

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby Anna » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:30 pm

A number of years ago we were at a state park campground and there was a huge group of gypsies in very upmarket campers all dressed to the nines having some kind of celebration. Had a long table heaped with flowers, food, statue in the center. They was a trailer with a couple washers, water tank and generator going through the campground and stopping at various trailers doing laundry. Obviously a well planned group. I never saw anything negative other than the pit they'd dug to roast meat. They ignored us and other than dh's uncle mumbling about thieving gypsies nothing negative was heard.
Anna
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:16 pm
Karma: 5

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Anna wrote:A number of years ago we were at a state park campground and there was a huge group of gypsies in very upmarket campers all dressed to the nines having some kind of celebration. Had a long table heaped with flowers, food, statue in the center. They was a trailer with a couple washers, water tank and generator going through the campground and stopping at various trailers doing laundry. Obviously a well planned group. I never saw anything negative other than the pit they'd dug to roast meat. They ignored us and other than dh's uncle mumbling about thieving gypsies nothing negative was heard.



could have been Irish Travellers - sounds like one of their caravan meetings .... the Ohio Travellers send family west for the pickings - I80 is a fav route they like to use ....
Illini Warrior
User avatar
Illini Warrior
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm
Karma: 54

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby Cin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Gut instinct is something all preppers should be cultivating.

Read The Gift Of Fear by Gavin De Becker.
Cin
 
Posts: 1875
Images: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:02 am
Karma: 58

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby arkieready » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Yes, trust that creepy, crawling feeling in your belly. You can call it an aura, karma, demon spirits. Whatever. It's real. I have felt it before I even knew it was there. I walked into a wall of bad vibes before I even rsaw the person, like walking into a huge spider web. DH saw what was going on, I never did, I was too spooked to look.
We don't have to act ridiculous, just get those antenna up, watch and plan an exit. Or defense if too late.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network
 
Posts: 3320
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 am
Karma: 93

Re: Randon thought - refugees

Postby John Galt 1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:36 pm

arkieready wrote:Yes, trust that creepy, crawling feeling in your belly. You can call it an aura, karma, demon spirits. Whatever. It's real. I have felt it before I even knew it was there. I walked into a wall of bad vibes before I even rsaw the person, like walking into a huge spider web. DH saw what was going on, I never did, I was too spooked to look.
We don't have to act ridiculous, just get those antenna up, watch and plan an exit. Or defense if too late.


Speaking of uneasy feelings the last week has me feeling very uneasy about NK slipping us an unwanted present. Kind of tightening up my preps.
John Galt 1
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:43 am
Karma: 0


Return to General Preparedness Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for the APN Email Newsletter - Enter your e-mail address below


  Links and Resources
  -Links
  -Podcasts
  -Free Ebooks



Trusted Sponsors









cron
Copyright
For Notices of Copyright infringement and to contact our DMCA Agent please follow the link below:
Copyright Policy

For terms of use, rules, and policies please read our Disclaimer