• Advertisement

Emergency AM/FM/Police Scanner Radio

Topics related HAM and Shortwave radio and emergency communication

Moderator: WornOut

Emergency AM/FM/Police Scanner Radio

Postby MADLarkin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Hello, after a brief search I was unable to find a topic on this so here is my question.

I am looking for a hand crank/battery ran emergency radio for home use. All the ones I have found are bright colors and kind of look like toys to me. I know that some of them are probably good to use but I don't know enough about them to make a choice, do any of you have a suggestion?

Thanks for any tips in advance.
MADLarkin

Re: Emergency AM/FM/Police Scanner Radio

Postby Defcon09 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Try this link, interesting stuff.

http://www.ambientweather.com/emra.html

MADLarkin wrote:Hello, after a brief search I was unable to find a topic on this so here is my question.

I am looking for a hand crank/battery ran emergency radio for home use. All the ones I have found are bright colors and kind of look like toys to me. I know that some of them are probably good to use but I don't know enough about them to make a choice, do any of you have a suggestion?

Thanks for any tips in advance.
Defcon09

Re: Emergency AM/FM/Police Scanner Radio

Postby MADLarkin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:47 am

thanks for the link. Like I said, it just looks like a toy. But I guess that is how they all look, so I will get over it.
MADLarkin

Return to Emergency Communications