• Advertisement

my EDC (every day carry) items

Discuss Bug Out Bags, Get Home Bags, and Bug Out Vehicles Here.

Moderators: Whisper, medic72

my EDC (every day carry) items

Postby bama_medic » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:20 pm

ReadyMom's NOTE: An "Every Day Carry" bag is DIFFERENT from a 72 hour bag, in that an EDC bag has less things in it. They are things that can get you through an unexpected situation, can be of help as you get home in short order vs several days. -k

Here is what I carry everyday on me not including wallet, keys, phone (Droid X) and watch.

Join in and list your items.

My main knife is a Boker Plus Automat Kalashnikov 74 series auto-opener (I love this knife)

All of the following is on a small caribiner:
Leatherman Squirt P4 mini multi-tool (I love this little tool, I use it everyday)
Victorinox classic model (has scissors, nail file, knife, tweezers, and toothpick)
finger nail clippers
extra vehicle key
Zenolite keychain led flashlight

notpad and pen

Several pair of nitrile gloves

small Bic lighter

In my wallet I also keep an extra house key

I carry several different pistols depending on which I grab, it is either a Taurus Millennium Pro PT-745, 6 + 1 capacity compact .45 caliber in stainless, a Taurus 24/7 Pro CDS .45 caliber 12 + 1 Sub-Compact in stainless or my Smith & Wesson Sigma SW40VE .40 Caliber 14 + 1 capacity in stainless. I also always carry 2 extra mags for whichever gun I am carrying.

Gerber Multi-Plier 600 multi-tool

Boker Plus Subcom Flashlight

When I am at work (I am a Paramedic) I do not carry any of my pistols but I do carry an ASP baton with Tactical Triad flashlight mounted on it and all of the above mentioned items plus what is listed below:
Trauma shears/scissors
Sharpie marker
I-pod Touch 64 gig with lots of medical software for work and games when I am bored (I really wished someone would make more EMS medical apps for the Droid platform)
notpad and pen.

and of course lots of gloves.
Prepper since 1999
Alabama Preppers Network
Alabama Preppers Network

Re: my EDC (every day carry) items

Postby wadragunov » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:52 pm

I normally carry the following items:

Leatherman MUT
Power Knife and Snips (for work)
Beretta Air Light Knife (medium)
Small Moleskin notebook and pen
2 USB thumbdrives w/portable apps installed
loose change
eye drops
Survival Straps Paracord Bracelet

Backpack with the following:
5 subject notebook
Small Maglight
Telephone office keys
Yaseu VX-7R w/programming cable
I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings. -- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Watch out for the fellow who talks about putting things in order! Putting things in order always means getting other people under control. -- Denis Diderot, Supplement to Bougainville's 'Voyage,' 1796
Alabama Preppers Network
Alabama Preppers Network

Postby jwg_7781 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Springfield XD .45
brass knuckles
mulit tool

in my truck there is a bug out bag with typical items
in my toolbox of the truck i also have an ax, machete, fishing gear, tools etc...
i keep warm clothes for winter emergencies
mossberg 12 gauge

Postby Alaska Rose » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:35 pm

At the moment, sitting here in the house, I have a nice folding pocket knife, nail clippers, loose change, lip balm, spare key to 3 trucks and 2 houses, pocket watch, 2 way radio, 4 bottles of essential oils I use for sore muscles, pain reliever, bug repellant and burn fixer. If I go outside, it gets added to, LOL.
Don't Use A Chainsaw In The Kitchen (Volume 1)
How-To and Cookbook. Butchering, gardening, baking, canning, building a trapper cabin and short autobiography all in one.
https://www.createspace.com/4910851 ....And Then You Die - autobiography
Image Image
Alaska Rose
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby AlabamaPoleCat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:01 pm

On me pocket knife, lighter, and change

In my pick'em up Tools, every fluid used by my truck, plus any stop leak for the fluids, extra belts, flashlight, vienna susages and crackers, fishing supplies (ok not so much keep in my pick'em up as left in there from last fishing trip :D )
Revelations: " Good guys win Bad guys lose"

"One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed by your inferiors." Plato
Sheep Dogs Unite!

Your god with his hammer loses the final battle. My God wins the final battle. Any questions?
Alabama Preppers Network
Alabama Preppers Network

Postby gannett » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:29 pm

I have a 1/2 hour drive to and from work everyday, and I hope I don't ever get caught that far from home if an EMP occurs.

So just in case, I have a 12 pk bottled water, walmart recycle bags, socks, sneakers, swiss army knife, flash light and emergency blanket. Need to add some Mountain House pouches too soon. I have a Swiss Card that has all sorts of goodies in it - pen, pin, scissors, tweesors, file, knife, etc.

Some pepper spray needs to be added too. I'm not comfortable carrying my pistol, too easily taken from me, so I'll save that for home.

Postby Davo45 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:34 pm

My EDC items include:

Either a Glock 22 or 23 in .40 caliber (I carry the 22 on duty with a Streamlight TRL 1 attached) and 23 secured in the patrol car as a BUG or 19 in 9mm (9mm ammo is is cheaper to buy and reload so I can get more training/shooting time in with it) in addition to a Kel-Tec P3AT .380.

Small Gerber lock blade pocket knife for general cutting jobs

Cold Steel Recon 1 folder with the 50/50 Tanto Point (they no longer make the standard blade in the Tanto Point or I'd have gotten one)

Streamlight Nano LED light on my keyring

Streamlight ProTac 2L clipped to my left side pocket

wallet containing ID, DL, SS card, etc.

cell phone

4 GB thumb drive with copies of important documents and various useful articles and ebooks and pics of the inside and outside of my house

Gerber or Leatherman multi-tool depending on whether I'm on or off duty

During the hours of darkness I keep a SO LED light clipped to my watchband

Depending on whether I'm working day (weekends) or evening (currently Mon-Wed) I carry a Polytac LED or Streamlight Stinger XD LED on my duty belts (I have 2 rigs set up), ASP, hinged and chain handcuffs

An issued 5.56mm patrol carbine rides in the trunk of my patrol car as well as an issued "less than lethal" 12 870 clone pump shotgun along with a 5.11 bail out bag containing 3 spare rifle magazines, 2 extra G-22 magazines, several pairs of flex cuffs, energy bars & 4- 10 oz bottles of water and a small trauma kit.

I carry both a "Get Home Bag" and "Stuck at Work Bag" just in case I've got to hoof it back home or am stuck at work (before, during or after a disaster). I can walk home under ideal conditions in less than 9 hours, but carry items I'd need for shelter, food and water purification tabs & filter for 2 days). I keep spare batteries for everything except the cell phone and have a car charger for it in my office, patrol car and all 3 bags.
If you fail to prepare you prepare to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. ~ Proverbs 22:3

Postby knotquiteawake » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Thats it, just the cellphone, wallet, gun, and keys. The seecamp .32 is usually either in a pocket holster or an inside the wasteband holster. Hopefully Christmas time will add a nice knife to the list.
Summer-Fall 2011 002 (Small).JPG

Postby Dr Bass » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:15 am

Well i think IMHO everyone should have a BOV bug out vehical;) preferably a 4x4 suv i have a jacked up jeep grand cherokee on 35 inch super swampers outfitted with a custom front run a SOB over if i have to front bumper lol skid plates so he doesnt get stuck up under it kc lights on top for extra light at nite a tow package for a small camper and i keep at all times four bug out packs one for me one for the wife and one each for my kids in each pack we all except me have two changes of clothes well my wife is carrying my clothes in hers i put a the heavy weight items in my pack and let the wife and kids tote the light gear in theres i also keep plenty of hand tools such as a small shovel, ax,machette, tools for working on the truck ive got xtra parts for truck as well waterpump thermostate sparkugs plug wires radiator hose a starter ect ive got enough canned foods to last us for atleast 6months inside the camper and have enough H2O to last a couple weeks i need to figure out a way to store more water and food im working on a new bug out location because my old one is just not what i want.
Dr Bass

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:43 am

Image Bumping this thread, because I think we need to review it, and pass it on to folks we know who may need it. Might also be a good Christmas or Hannakuh gift for this year! -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby jimLE » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:27 pm

a gerber multi tool plier,cell phone and a folding utility knife is always on my belt..a folding knife and a pin knife in one pocket.finger/toe nail clippers tool with finger nail file tweezers,scissor knife blade,toothpick,bottle opener,and 2 flat tip screw drivers...2 types of bottle openers..2-p38's,a 3rd with a spoon.a mini led flashlight.tweezers,and 2 pocket size utility knifes..and of corse,wallet with a spot for ink pen.comb and keys.bic lighter,reading glasses,what money i have at the time.
6da3ba0c69fe7cbd8e2e26d19fb7927c.jpg (8.72 KiB) Viewed 99 times

Postby maximusbugout » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:30 pm

yes obviously keep it small and compact. only carry the items which are small - knife, keychain, etc

Postby jimLE » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:01 pm

the folding pocket knife and pin knife and cell phone i carry aint there.the gerber and utility knife goes on my belt.and everything else in pic,goes into one pocket..but yet.i do travel lite thoe..

Postby ajax727 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:02 pm

This is interesting topic - so I laid out what items are on me at this time - 1 boot knife double edge 4 inch blade , 1 maverick folding knife , 1 s w power glide knife , mulit tool .Phone change , wallet inside the wallet stander stuff along with hooks line and sinker in a little pouch utility knife blade . 1 S&W 44 mag with 1 speed loader and pouch with around 36 extra rounds attached to shoulder harness . 1 small stainless pill bottle with extra meds ....
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...

Return to BOB's & BOV's