• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Toxic water

Post general California topics here

Toxic water

Postby familyfirst » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Everyone knows that we are in the midst of a terrible drought. But did you know that what little water do have available is rapidly becoming unsafe and undrinkable? Over 30 of our reservoirs are for lack of a better word " infected" with toxic blue-green algae and bacteria. Just something to think about
familyfirst

Re: Toxic water

Postby peekachoo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:02 pm

Thats a good reason to live at the top of the water chain.
peekachoo
Colorado Preppers Network
Colorado Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:16 pm

And yet Californy keeps dumping water into the ocean to protect some stupid fish.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby anita » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:07 pm

I'm sorry, but not much sympathy for the lack of common sense by the elites there. If you didn't vote for them, then you are better off to get out, if possible, because it isn't going to get better.The problem is mostly man (or rather idiot)-made, it's just exacerbated by the drought.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby familyfirst » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:24 pm

Water levels being so low as they are our reservoirs are unable to dilute the nutrients dumped into them by run off from our spring rains. Combine that with our heat waves and it's a recipe for disaster. These algae "blooms" are fairly normal although infrequent and typically only last a couple of days, not the weeks they have so far. Just know that if things go pear shaped you have much less safe and potable water than you think you do.
familyfirst

Postby JayJay » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:43 pm

I can agree about the toxic water..natural or invented?
I lived in Tennessee for 57 years and cleaned the toilets (only two people in household) every Saturday mng.
I live in Kentucky since 2007 and couldn't understand why my toilets had crud on them all the time.
I have to clean EVERY morning to keep them clean now.

Think about that in your ice maker! :(
I have a Berkey, not a whole house filter, and use water from the Berkey in ice trays for our ice now.

I use homemade cleaner and if it can keep the shower clean and not the toilets?? Wow!!
HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Return to General California Discussion, News and Weather