• Advertisement

The Martian

Post links to videos here.

The Martian

Postby Photon Guy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:36 am

The movie The Martian I think its a good movie for preppers and survivalists to watch. I thought it was really well done and after watching it, it has inspired me to learn more about botany as farming and agriculture is one of my weaknesses in prepping, something I lack knowledge on.
Photon Guy

Re: The Martian

Postby Pedro wyoming » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:22 am

Except that Matt Damon is an ardent antigunner.

pW
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change that survives.” Charles Darwin
Iמנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסי
אלוהים
Pedro wyoming
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby meckardt » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:27 am

Didn't see the movie, but just finished reading the book. Agreed that the story is a good example for preppers. The big takeaway is that if you are going to have a chance at survival, you have to go into a situation with a don't quit no matter what attitude. Sure, some of the plot devices were stretching probabilities to (and beyond) the breaking point, but while you might only have a 0.01% chance of successfully surviving by trying some of the things that were suggested, you have a 100% chance of not surviving of you don't try.
When the SHTF,
life is going to change.
Are you ready?
meckardt
North Carolina Preppers Network
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby Gunns » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:41 am

Would like to read the book. Will never pay to watch Damon. Never, its the only form of protest I have against liberal scumbags.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:08 pm

It was a really good movie, I liked it.

I just read "After America" by John Birmingham and just started the one I should have read first "Without Warning",
give me a good book and I can't put it down.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby Photon Guy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Pedro wyoming wrote:Except that Matt Damon is an ardent antigunner.

pW

That's the actor, not the character he played.
Photon Guy

Postby Lghmstng3 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Photon Guy wrote:
Pedro wyoming wrote:Except that Matt Damon is an ardent antigunner.

pW

That's the actor, not the character he played.

Still not going to support him or Tom Hanks for same reason.Hanks came out of the closet after Saving private Ryan.And that was the last Hanks movie I payed for.Funny that Damon was in that one also...
Lghmstng3
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:45 pm

I did read somewhere that Matt Damon said guns freak him out so obviously he wouldn't own any guns but that doesn't mean he is taking action to further limit or ban the availability of guns to private citizens. I don't like lima beans but Im not for banning them, I simply choose not to eat them.
Photon Guy

Postby Lghmstng3 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Photon Guy wrote:I did read somewhere that Matt Damon said guns freak him out so obviously he wouldn't own any guns but that doesn't mean he is taking action to further limit or ban the availability of guns to private citizens. I don't like lima beans but Im not for banning them, I simply choose not to eat them.

:clap: Now you get it!Damon and Hanks are vegtables that some people don't care to consume! :rofl:
Lghmstng3
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:39 pm

Lghmstng3 wrote:
Photon Guy wrote:I did read somewhere that Matt Damon said guns freak him out so obviously he wouldn't own any guns but that doesn't mean he is taking action to further limit or ban the availability of guns to private citizens. I don't like lima beans but Im not for banning them, I simply choose not to eat them.

:clap: Now you get it!Damon and Hanks are vegtables that some people don't care to consume! :rofl:

To each their own. I don't care much for Hanks and after reading some of the responses on this thread I don't care much for Damon either. And I particularly don't care for that idiot Dustin Hoffman.

But, I still did like The Martian and I think its a good movie for preppers, if you can watch for free without taking any money out of your pocket and putting it in Matt Damon's.
Photon Guy

Postby Lghmstng3 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Photon Guy wrote:
Lghmstng3 wrote:

To each their own. I don't care much for Hanks and after reading some of the responses on this thread I don't care much for Damon either. And I particularly don't care for that idiot Dustin Hoffman.

But, I still did like The Martian and I think its a good movie for preppers, if you can watch for free without taking any money out of your pocket and putting it in Matt Damon's.

That's just it,I thought HANKS was pro gun,etc...Why be involved with something you despize?Money?Kind of a mixed message.Sad part for me was S-P-Ryan is still one of my favorite movies.And Hanks best role ever,next to Shawshank redemption.I own both movies,still watch those.I owned those before either one came out of the closet as anti-gun.So,I refuse to contribute in any way shape or form to them.Opinion's and sphincter's,who knew?Right? :D
Lghmstng3
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Return to Videos, Movies, and TV shows