• Advertisement

Stephen King movies

Post links to videos here.

Re: Stephen King movies

Postby arkieready » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:24 am

Illini Warrior wrote:unfortunately - King, like most of Hollyweird, went political against conservatives - donated a chunk of $$$$ and I believe even came out in support of ANTIFA ...

Ugh.. well, he IS a freak of nature after all....

I will stick with my favorite ever author, James Michener. There are still a couple of his books I haven't read yet.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:33 am

arkieready wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:unfortunately - King, like most of Hollyweird, went political against conservatives - donated a chunk of $$$$ and I believe even came out in support of ANTIFA ...

I will stick with my favorite ever author, James Michener. There are still a couple of his books I haven't read yet.

James Michener, I should look into his works, they look interesting.
Photon Guy

Postby StevenHam » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:43 am

Photon Guy wrote:
AuntBee wrote:The Dark Tower series, parts of anyway..It's more like a bleak Firefly but w/o the space ships. I don't know if they ever got the movie version off the ground. Maybe they'll resurrect it with all the interest in end-of-world movies.

The Dark Tower is what Stephen king considers his Magnum opus. Its sort of like science fiction in a western setting with the fabled Gunslingers such as Roland, the main character, being a bit like knights but in a cowboy setting. Supposedly all of Stephen King's stories are tied to the Dark Tower series somehow or another.

And that's why it's so sad that they made the film they did last year. It should have been multiple films to do the book series justice.
StevenHam

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:57 am

Photon Guy wrote:
arkieready wrote:

James Michener, I should look into his works, they look interesting.

Michener is old school good - did a decent job on the movies also .....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Previous

Return to Videos, Movies, and TV shows