• Advertisement
Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

299 book 5

Recommend books here

299 book 5

Postby Dirk Williams » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Anybody know when book fives out. I'm jonesen for the last book.

Thank you

DIrk
Dirk Williams

Re: 299 book 5

Postby JimPI » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm having a VERY hard time getting through the 1st book. Please tell me the story gets better once the author gets done detailing the main character's life from conception onward?
Author of Prepper's Home Defense, The Prepper's Complete Book of Disaster Readiness, Prepper's Long-Term Survival Guide
http://www.SurvivalWeekly.com
http://www.DisasterPrepConsultants.com
JimPI

Postby Dirk Williams » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi Jim. First, I've purchased your book and enjoyed the content as well. Good job.

On to 299. I enjoyed the whole series as its in Southern Wa,which I'm close to. It does start slow, but that's the foundation. It gets better, and the thought process, and closet prepping are going on all over America. Many individual family members are prepping without the consent or knowledge of their spouse. In an effort to make sure their families are set.

Anyway the journey from joe citizen the slug, husband goes from the slug, to turned on and aware over a period of time, and sees what we are seeing. Married to a very liberal lady who seems to be a control freak.

What I like best is, it's not my personal story, but it's a playable story with reasonable conclusions, and logical deductions based on those conclusions. Slow starting in food preps, weapon purchases, and training. Secondary locations as things escalate.

All are tangible in my mind. I guess what I'm trying to say is the way it goes down in this series is as like an outcome as any other.

There are no perfect plans, and no static force can withstand a siege. It's fluid, and I'm really wanting to read how their scenario plays out.

The strengths of the book, are not lone wolf stuff, but organizational skills and the ability to lead others to water, and pointing out the options. When given a choice with no nudge, most folks will see the wisdom in how this book is playing out.

The amusing part for me is the TEAM, a group of shooters who get all gussied up in matching kit, kinda like a Dog and Pony show.

It's true they have trained, on the hard range, and understand move and shoot and flanking related stuff to a point. And their hearts are in the right place.

Never the less, uniformed men, are the easy targets, to identify and to remove.

Give the series time, it's a good read.

DW
Dirk Williams

Postby Gunns » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

JimPI wrote:I'm having a VERY hard time getting through the 1st book. Please tell me the story gets better once the author gets done detailing the main character's life from conception onward?

No they get worse. I can never say Sheep Dog again, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, the other books are childish to say the least. I want my money back.

Don't call me a sheep or sheep dog or a wolf. I am Tiger and eat all three.
Gunns
Minnesota Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

I hadn't heard of this but will check it out. JimPI, you have a book?
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby Dirk Williams » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Gunns, interesting post. What is it that you don't like. I really enjoyed all the books.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Postby Gunns » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Dirk Williams wrote:Gunns, interesting post. What is it that you don't like. I really enjoyed all the books.

Dirk

The writing is at a fifth grade level, he repeats his scenario over and over again, every book has it repeated at least three times. His constant saying "wow its cool to be a sheep dog", "its cool to ride in the back of the truck waving at everyone like a sheep dog", reminds me of a 10 year old playing cops and robbers.

I could go on, but I really don't want to.

Don't call me a sheep or sheep dog or a wolf. I am Tiger and eat all three.
Gunns

Postby JimPI » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Lynda wrote:I hadn't heard of this but will check it out. JimPI, you have a book?

Hi Linda, yes I do have a book out now, with a few more in the works.

You can find the current book, Prepper's Home Defense, at all major booksellers, including Amazon and Barnes and Noble. If you order it through this link, I make a couple extra pennies ;)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1612431151/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=surviweekl-20&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=1612431151&adid=0RW35T16EZMAHX3H0M5R&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2Fsurvivalweekly.com%2F
Author of Prepper's Home Defense, The Prepper's Complete Book of Disaster Readiness, Prepper's Long-Term Survival Guide
JimPI

Postby JimPI » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:46 pm

Dirk Williams wrote:Hi Jim. First, I've purchased your book and enjoyed the content as well. Good job.

I appreciate your kind words. Glad you liked the book!

Dirk Williams wrote:On to 299. I enjoyed the whole series as its in Southern Wa,which I'm close to. It does start slow, but that's the foundation. It gets better, and the thought process, and closet prepping are going on all over America. Many individual family members are prepping without the consent or knowledge of their spouse. In an effort to make sure their families are set.

Anyway the journey from joe citizen the slug, husband goes from the slug, to turned on and aware over a period of time, and sees what we are seeing. Married to a very liberal lady who seems to be a control freak.

[snip]

The strengths of the book, are not lone wolf stuff, but organizational skills and the ability to lead others to water, and pointing out the options. When given a choice with no nudge, most folks will see the wisdom in how this book is playing out.

[snip]

Give the series time, it's a good read.

DW

I'm up to about Chapter 5 or so and we're still reminiscing about events from his youth. Over and over, the author ends each memory with something like, "This experience would serve him well in later years."

I'm a big fan of show, don't tell, when it comes to fiction. Honestly, from what I've seen so far, this first book could have been cut at least in half by decent editing. Don't get me wrong, I really want to like the book. I think the concept has a lot of promise. I just think the execution could have been better, at least from what I've read thus far.
JimPI

Postby Lynda » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Thank you, Jim. I'll be sure to check it out.

Lynda

Postby Lynda » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Jim, I already receive your magazine. Nice to know I can now download it on my Kindle. Slow today, sorry. Great magazine, BTW.

Lynda

Postby Dirk Williams » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Interesting, I guess I don't remember that. To each his own, I enjoyed them, and am looking forward to book5. I enjoy reading with my classical music on in the dead of winter and its -10 outside.

DW
Dirk Williams

Postby JimPI » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Lynda wrote:Jim, I already receive your magazine. Nice to know I can now download it on my Kindle. Slow today, sorry. Great magazine, BTW.

What magazine would that be? If you're thinking of Survivalist Magazine, I'm no longer writing for them.
JimPI

Postby Lynda » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:40 pm

JimPI wrote:
Lynda wrote:Jim, I already receive your magazine. Nice to know I can now download it on my Kindle. Slow today, sorry. Great magazine, BTW.

What magazine would that be? If you're thinking of Survivalist Magazine, I'm no longer writing for them.

That's the one.

Lynda

Postby JimPI » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:52 pm

While I'm glad you've enjoyed the magazine, you won't be seeing my name in there anymore. I quit writing for them several months ago. They had a small backlog of articles from me at that point so they went ahead and ran those. I'm fairly certain they have exhausted that supply by now.
JimPI

Next

Return to Books