• Advertisement

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderator: cityhomesteader

Postby michaels1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Hello, I a newbie. I'm from Newington, CT. I've been doing my own thing for a while and have been reading American-
preppers for several weeks now. We don't seem to do to much around here in CT. If you mentioned anything to anyone, they think your nuts. Now, I'm not saying anything. I put a zipper on it. I know that's what a lot of people are doing. I
like the preppers ideas. I just want to be prepared for the worst which is right around the corner if not sooner. Thank-you for this CT site.
MJ :clap:
michaels1

Re: New Member

Postby Whisper » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Welcome to the forum. There's another Prepper around here somewhere that is going to be happy you showed up!
Survival Shelters and Retreats - viewforum.php?f=172Image BOB's & BOV's - viewforum.php?f=170 Image
NC Forum - http://www.NorthCarolinaPreppersNetwork.net"
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby gman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:35 pm

They wont be thinking your nuts when shtf. Welcome from Idaho revleo. If being prepared is nuts, you've found a basket load.
Information Station"American Preppers Radio"http://prepperbroadcasting.com/
Support APN and become a Gold Member Today! Free E-book "It's a Disaster And What Are You Gonna Do About It?" Free Lifetime Membership at SafeCastle Royal. 30% Discount at SurvivalCD.com. All this and more! Sign Up Here
gman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby itsadisaster » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Greetings from 'zona MJ .. and welcome! And yep -- Bruce is gonna be sooooooo happy!!!!! :) itsa
Be Aware... Be Prepared... and Have a Plan! Download a free mini ebook portion of IT'S A DISASTER! ...and what are YOU gonna do about it?
itsadisaster
Arizona State Moderator
Arizona State Moderator

Postby Alaska Rose » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:20 am

Welcome from Alaska. I think you are about to meet a very nice person that will be happy to see someone else in CT that is interested in prepping.
https://www.createspace.com/4043866
Don't Use A Chainsaw In The Kitchen (Volume 1)
How-To and Cookbook. Butchering, gardening, baking, canning, building a trapper cabin and short autobiography all in one.
https://www.createspace.com/4910851 ....And Then You Die - autobiography
Image Image
Alaska Rose
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby mr bill » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:49 am

Welcome from N.E. Georgia
Leader zone 5, Clarke County
P!
mr bill

Postby cityhomesteader » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:25 pm

michaels1 wrote:Hello, I a newbie. I'm from Newington, CT. I've been doing my own thing for a while and have been reading American-
preppers for several weeks now. We don't seem to do to much around here in CT. If you mentioned anything to anyone, they think your nuts. Now, I'm not saying anything. I put a zipper on it. I know that's what a lot of people are doing. I
like the preppers ideas. I just want to be prepared for the worst which is right around the corner if not sooner. Thank-you for this CT site.
MJ :clap:

Hey there MJ.. Glad to see you join. Sorry I didn't see you sooner but this just came to my e-mail a few seconds ago.
I'm trying very hard to establish a Connecticut Network forum here on APN.. If you have any suggestions or ideas I am open to anything. Seems CT folks are like Turtles..They stick their heads out look around and them pop back into their shells and disappear.. I am here every day checking the site and trying to post what I think might interest folks, but we are all different.. Jump right in.. Bruce
Cityhomesteader
16 This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
http://www.ConnecticutPreppersNetwork.net
cityhomesteader
Connecticut State Moderator

Postby tsparks2626 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:48 am

Welcome from another prepper in CT. I live in the center of the State and I know what you mean. I also have been prepping for the last 2 years. You will find a lot of good info here.
Welcome.
tsparks2626
Connecticut Preppers Network

Postby cityhomesteader » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:47 am

tsparks2626 wrote:Welcome from another prepper in CT. I live in the center of the State and I know what you mean. I also have been prepping for the last 2 years. You will find a lot of good info here.
Welcome.

Hey tsparks!!! Glad you posted.. Hope to hear more about your adventures in Prepping.. There are not many really good places to gets stuff here in CT.. What and where have you been prepping? Pantry stuff or water medical etc..Can you recommend any places to buy things?
Cityhomesteader
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
cityhomesteader

Postby Rod » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:36 am

Oh boy, 2 new members from Connecticut in 1 week. Welcome MJ and tsparks, glad to meet you on the forum.
Where will you turn to for help when the Red Cross, Salvation Army and your Insurance is worn out? A.N.T.S.
Rod

Postby tsparks2626 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:22 am

I've been prepping for abt 2 yrs, by using sale/coupon at local stores. Until recently I have hooked up with www.buythecase.net I have gotton some good deals thru them. Other than that its just continued persistance. Every week I pickup or do something towards prepping. I just recently started with mylar bags, and this yr purchased my generator.

I look forward in sharing prepping info with everyone. This is a great site.
tsparks2626

Postby michaels1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Thank-you so much for the warm welcome. Learning my way around the site. I've been reading a lot. I've been
also using coupons and looking at sale prices. I did some canning this summer. I need to do a lot more. I feel
like I'm playing catch-up. I'll get there, I'm on a mission. I'll be learning from all of you. Thank-you, again.
MJ
michaels1

Postby cityhomesteader » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:28 am

michaels1 wrote:Thank-you so much for the warm welcome. Learning my way around the site. I've been reading a lot. I've been
also using coupons and looking at sale prices. I did some canning this summer. I need to do a lot more. I feel
like I'm playing catch-up. I'll get there, I'm on a mission. I'll be learning from all of you. Thank-you, again.
MJ

Hey MJ.

We are all playing Catchup.. ;)
Cityhomesteader
cityhomesteader

Postby IRo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:41 am

Welcome MJ and TS!! Good to have you join us :)

I'm in the southeastern part of the state.

Prepping is a mindset, not a one time activity, and if you subscribe to the store what you eat, eat what you store theory, then you will always be cathin-up! In this household we are always shopping to replace what we've used and build up a little more, and we've been doing this a few years now. Shopping sales is a great way to go and someday you will get to the point where the only things you buy at the grocery are the loss leaders, never to pay full price again <te he> Shopping has now become a game to me to see just how much I can save. My last grocery shopping I saved 52% over regular price without using a single coupon.

It's also a GREAT feeling when you need something to go into your "storage" room and just grab it. Hubby commented last night about that when he was cutting down trees and had a problem with his chain for the saw. He took off the old one, went to his tool area, grabbed a new chain, and continued cutting. The old one was of course sent right away for repair with our ds who was going into town.

Welcom again and look forward to getting to know you.
I don't have hobbies.........I'm developing post apocolyptic skill sets
IRo

Postby Howey 01 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:36 am

Hello welcome from KY
Howey 01

Return to Check In Here Connecticut Preppers