• Advertisement

Dehydrated Apple Sauce-Purchasing #10 Cans

Discuss general food topics here

Dehydrated Apple Sauce-Purchasing #10 Cans

Postby ReadyMom » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Has anyone tried dehydrated apple sauce from any of the prep-food vendors? I just threw out about 10 jars of apple sauce that was a number of years old. We didn't use it fast enough (as the kids grew older) and it turned brown in the jars! I'm replacing it all with dehydrated or freeze dried. Live & learn, as you prep. :(

I found this sale going on, right now. https://www.thereadystore.com/saratoga- ... pple-sauce -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Dehydrated Apple Sauce-Purchasing #10 Cans

Postby watcher » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:07 am

I have. Dehydrated it in a Nesco dehydrator on fruit roll up trays. Dried it down to brittle. Used it on camping trips to add to oatmeal for breakfasts. Works great along with a little sugar and cinnamon. Also have made peach sauce for same reason and same way. A little sugar and non-dairy creamer into the oatmeal is good for that. If you don't mind pink oatmeal same with strawberry sauce
Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.
watcher
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby rickdun » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:40 am

ReadyMom, we bought some from beprepared.com, it tastes good, but 45 servings was 29.95, I may have to try your vendor to see how it tastes, (cheaper).

Honeyville has a 20% off sale on all food items March 20 and 21st, Code spring20.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby 101airborne » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Haven't tried it but for the price I may have to order a couple of cans for storage to use if for nothing else cooking.
101airborne

Postby LetsPrep11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:27 am

The Emergency Essentials Applesauce is on sale ($20.52) right now through Walmart.com. Shipping on orders over $35 is Free. You do have to add sugar to this applesauce to make it taste like what we're used to.

We also threw out dozens of 1/2 used jars of applesauce that got lost in the fridge. We switched to buying cases of the little cups and never have any waste. Haven't had a problem keeping them rotated as the shelf life is pretty long.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Emergency-Essentials-Applesauce-Mix-30-oz/46772414#about-item
LetsPrep11

Postby farmer_dude48 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:41 am

I didn't really know where to put this , but has anybody tried the free 72 hr emergency food supply add yet?? Is it worth it or just a scam??
Thanks Dave
" Doing what I can with what I got " Mr. Burt Gummer
farmer_dude48
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby rickdun » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:44 am

farmer_dude48 wrote:I didn't really know where to put this , but has anybody tried the free 72 hr emergency food supply add yet?? Is it worth it or just a scam??
Thanks Dave

Farmer, I have, not bad, just high is sodium and you can taste the salt, but if SHTF, you'll be sweating it out from el-manual labor any way.

We actually have 5 (free) 72 hour kits, just pay shipping. Everytime I see it advertised on the FOX channel, I order another one. Just order the sixth one yesterday.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun

Return to General Food Topics