• Advertisement

Welcome to the South Carolina Preppers Forum

Welcome To the South Carolina Preppers Network. Introduce Yourself Here

Moderators: MouseToes, ForwardPreppers, HCPrepper

Re: Welcome to the South Carolina Preppers Forum

Postby rancher89 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Hello from far South Charlotte, I live about a stone's throw from Carowinds.

I joined this forum (I'm on the NC one too) because of my closeness to SC and because we've been looking at land in Union Co to buy. Probably won't happen anytime soon, but we liked the area and are keeping our options open.

I am a relative noob at the prepper stuff, but years ago I lived for three years in the mts of N. CA with no running water or electricity so I'm not a complete noob.

Buying gas and alcohol take me into SC the most, next would be politics..... :rolleyes:
rancher89

Postby Silent Bob » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Hello and WELCOME ! I look forward to reading your post .
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however, an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

SC District 5
Silent Bob
South Carolina Preppers Network

Postby Earthbound » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:24 pm

rancher89 wrote:and because we've been looking at land in Union Co to buy. Probably won't happen anytime soon, but we liked the area and are keeping our options open.

It's up to you, but hope you don't wait too long. There are problems here too but it's got to be better for the SHTF than the Charlotte suburbs. I wish I had some of the land my family used to have. Or that I could at least afford to buy some.

... take me into SC the most, next would be politics..... :rolleyes:

Since you're on the other side of the border, I assume you're referring to political activism. Like C4L. I had to vote for Chuck because Ron wasn't on the ballot here.
Earthbound

Postby Rocket6delta » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:10 am

Hello from York County! I've been doing some prepping within the last year and look forward to learning more about it.
Rocket6delta

Postby gman » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:19 am

Welcome aboard Rocket6delta. Glad to see you here from Idaho. Be sure to ask if you have any questions.
Information Station"American Preppers Radio"http://prepperbroadcasting.com/
Support APN and become a Gold Member Today! Free E-book "It's a Disaster And What Are You Gonna Do About It?" Free Lifetime Membership at SafeCastle Royal. 30% Discount at SurvivalCD.com. All this and more! Sign Up Here
gman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Earthbound » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:29 pm

Welcome, Rocket6delta. Enjoy the forum.
Earthbound

Postby SCPrepper » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:09 am

Hi Rocket...welcome to our area...If we can answer any questions, let us know !
SC District 5
SCPrepper

Postby sputnik » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi Yall from Lexington, hope to meet up with yall at some point to meet and greet.
sputnik

Postby mjt » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Am excited to find other preppers, esp. in SC.
Have been prepping quite awhile. Hopefully, will be meeting others nearby (mid SC) who are looking for
that all important BOL (bug out location).
Never would have thought forming a group would be the hardest part of prepping for me. Need folks who
have the majority of supplies in place, or working hard at it; have needed skill sets to complement the whole;
have the temperment to get along with others (really important asset); very hard worker; and on and on.
BTW, no land will be sold, and it will not be a democracy. Having said that, I know I need you, as much as
you need me. Have just finished clearing areas for folks to put their living quarters, and at this time, am
working on the costs of putting in additional well/wells, septic tanks, multi-purpose building (group kitchen/
gathering area) with an all important basement to hold food supplies that are
temperature sensitive. And, yes, anyone joining will have to share in the costs in all of the above, and so
much more. Believe me, to have a place that is concealable, defendable, sustainable, and have more than
just a rudimentary way of life takes a lot of input, including sweat equity, practicing together, sharing skills,
as well as money.
mjt

Postby gannett » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:53 pm

SCPrepper wrote:Midlands Checking in.....anyone around the Capital?

Yes, we're in W. Columbia
gannett

Re: Meeting in Myrtle Bach April, 1,

Postby Hagar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:45 pm

While I have a place to post in SC forum, we have posted about forming a prepper group on the coast near Myrtle Beach. I am trying to get a meet and greet set for April 1, at Ryans in NOrth Myrtle. I would like to invite folks from neighboring counties even across the line in NC., At this meeting which is the first were we want all to come. This will be the beginning of looking for land, 100 acres, with access to the river for irrigation and water., This should be a very interesting and good meeting. Would love to have a good crowd in addition to those who I will be sending an email.

Hagar
Hagar

Postby Hagar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:47 pm

If interested e mail me at: boatman345@aol.com. sorry, the meeting will start at 1300 hours.
Hagar

Previous

Return to Check In Here South Carolina Preppers