• Advertisement

Any Humboldt County Preppers?

Post your events and meetups here

Any Humboldt County Preppers?

Postby redotis19 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:35 pm

Hello,

I am looking for preppers in the Humboldt County (preferably the Mckinleyville/Arcata/Eureka area) who may want to meet up and share ideas. I am a beginning prepper (17-year-old) and my family is nowhere near onboard with me. The most they do is keep an extra 4 gallons of water.

Anyways, feel free to shoot me an email at (E-mail address edited out by forum moderator per forum rules. DO NOT post personal contact information on the open forum! Use the PM function.)
You can [i]live scared[/i] or [i][b]be prepared[/b][/i].
redotis19

Re: Any Humboldt County Preppers?

Postby Permafrost » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:05 am

Try Petrolia, Honeydew, there were some folks in Ferndale during Y2K. Most of these places are fairly isolative because of their growing operations but they fit squarely in the prepper mindset and philosophy.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Re: Any Humboldt County Preppers?

Postby Siskiyoumom » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:07 pm

Nice to see young folks being interested in prepping in Humboldt county. We are to the east of you, but spend time on the coast a lot.

The hazards you face include quakes and dealing with folks who live marginal lives and can cause harm to you.

The local Red Cross has a lot of information on local natural hazards and basic quake preparedness ideas that should not upset your parents.

You may wish to check out their volunteer opportunities which look great on college applications. Also your high school should have a disaster plan and committee.

If you are able to you can do ride alongside with the local PD and sheriffs department.

Getting your HAM certifications is a good beginning introduction to the old timers who help out when there is flooding and other natural disasters.

A rear book to read is The Gift of Fear.

Although we dot live super close we are into meeting up with other north coast preppers.
Siskiyoumom

Return to Meetups & Events