• Advertisement

Mother Earth News Fair - Seven Springs, PA

Post your events and meetups here

Mother Earth News Fair - Seven Springs, PA

Postby NJMike » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:35 am

Anyone from here going this year?

http://www.motherearthnewsfair.com/pennsylvania/

Seriously considering going this time, and interested to hear anyone's prior experiences, nearby camping/hotel suggestions, etc.

Thanks!
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network

Re: Mother Earth News Fair - Seven Springs, PA

Postby anita » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:43 pm

I'm taking my youngest to college that weekend.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby IceFire » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:20 pm

I went to the very first one they had there. Being the first time they had it, were a few "glitches" regarding scheduling of presentations, but by and large, it still VERY worthwhile. I'm sure that they've gotten even better in the intervening years. I'd go again, if we were still in the area (we moved the following summer.)

The classes/workshops were VERY informative, and there were a lot of very good vendors there, as well. I had a ticket for both days, and both days were jam-packed. DEFINITELY worth the price of admission!

Sorry I can't really help as far as accommodations, as at the time I lived less that a 45 minute drive away, so just went back and forth from home each day.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby NJMike » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Appreciate the input!

I know someone from my local prepper group who went previously, but they're away on vacation so I'll have to remember to ask next week.
NJMike

Postby IceFire » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:55 pm

It's definitely worth going to. Unfortunately, since we've moved, the closest one to me now is several days' drive away. Now, if they would do one in Tucson, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Seven Springs is a nice place (in winter, it's a ski resort) so they do have SOME rooms, but I don't know what their availability is (they tend to get booked up fast) OR their prices. you might think about staying at a motel/hotel in the Johnstown area, and just driving from there. Would probably be less expensive that way, even though you'd have about an hour or so drive, depending on traffic (Amish buggies sometimes cause a bit of a traffic slowdown, so you might want to "pad" your driving time just a bit)
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby NJMike » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:16 am

Thanks Ice FIre!

I vacation in Lancaster almost every summer, and I have experienced Amish buggy traffic, especially on the side roads. ;)
NJMike

Postby anita » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:04 pm

You can rent townshouses/condos at Seven Springs and environs as well. My family did that probably 20 years ago for a get-together. Not sure how the price compares, but another option.

(And I didn't know there were Amish in the Laurel Highlands!)
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby IceFire » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:32 pm

anita wrote:(And I didn't know there were Amish in the Laurel Highlands!)

Yes, the Laurel Highlands area (especially Cambria, Indiana, and Somerset counties) has a LOT of Amish and Mennonites (one of my favorite shops, where I bought all of my bulk wheat, was a Mennonite shop that had a LOT of Amish customers. The Amish in that area were mainly of the Schwartzentruber ordnung--the STRICTEST of the Amish. To them, the Lancaster Amish were too "progressive" and modern! VERY nice people, though.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Erotic Flash Fiction By Jean196

Postby vaiybora » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 am

Thanks for providing this good topic,Thanks for your sharing. :gunsmile: :gunsmile:
vaiybora

Return to Meetups & Events