• Advertisement
New Forum Rules
Please Read

Bad News

Post your events and meetups here

Bad News

Postby ElkWind4 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:31 am

Yanno, its not necessary to "get together" but sites like this (as neat as it is) aren't safe at all for this sort of thing. I have been told just this morning that an arm of the feds is creating a special branch of cyber security down in Utah to collect and store all activity done on the internet, encrypted or not. Right now, because of the Patriot Act mostly, preppers (amongst others) are considered domestic terrorists. Ridiculous, isn't it? But if you are armed, either with guns, knowledge of how to care for yourself when the SHTF or preparedness, you don't fall into that neat little "lets keep them dependent upon us and we'll load them up in big trucks and take them over to our fenced in FEMA camps to be disposed of later if need be", you are a domestic terrorist.

IMO, the best way to collaborate on these issues is to do it in person only and use this forum to coordinate those get togethers.

I don't mean to sound like such a Debbie Downer, I'm trying to convey a hard truth though. I realize truth is hard to swallow sometimes but it needs to be choked down and we need to move on.....moving closer to less talk online about these issues and more talk in person amongst ourselves.
ElkWind4

Re: Bad News

Postby Gunns » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 am

So now you are on the list. So much for Opsec :?

Don't call me a sheep or sheep dog or a wolf. I am Tiger and eat all three.
Gunns
Minnesota Preppers Network

Postby ElkWind4 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Now where did I mention what I knew or what I was doing, that was my point. I don't talk specifics online. :D
ElkWind4

Postby Gunns » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 pm

But you are already labeled a terrorist just by posting on this site.

Don't call me a sheep or sheep dog or a wolf. I am Tiger and eat all three.
Gunns

Postby mmpaints » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:45 pm

ROFL! Elk, you're new here, I get it. I've been around since APN was just a group of blogs. I've hosted a couple hundred meet ups in public and also a couple dozen right here on my own farm. I'm also the introductory paragraph to the ADL's anti government extremist file. Paranoia gets you nowhere and you end up all alone. You're already on the list, a list, a dozen lists.

Uhm, side note, why was this thread started in the meet ups and events section? I don't see a meet up scheduled in this thread......
"Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid". - John Wayne

WARNING- i change my avatar frequently for my own enjoyment. Complaining about it won't help ;)
mmpaints
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Jester » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:27 am

I agree with Elk to the extent that 'they' are probably watching sites like this but gunns and paints are right too. If you're posting on a site like this I don't think the content of your post is as much of a concern as the fact that you are an active member of the group. With all of the sites mirroring this one that are out there, that must be one hell of a big list, lol.
Jester
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby Das Sheep » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:30 am

'They' are here and many other sites, sure. But as long as you are a normal sane prepper and not looking to hurt anyone, attack the gov or blow anything up they probably do not care about you. 'They' are people with a job to do, and do not really have the time or desire to go to a meeting on making post appocolyptic fifteen bean soup that is dangerously spicy.

Unless the agent in question is also a prepper who likes 15 bean soup and likes it hot. Then they might come.
Das Sheep
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Jester » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 am

LMAO sheep. I think you just gave me the new name for my chili!
Jester
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby arkieready » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:16 pm

New name for das. "das sheep the Sage"
P!
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby bane5150 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:26 pm

If you didnt do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. They (the govt) will keep tabs of ALL groups I dont think it matters what its about. We The People made a "govt list" its called Facebook. Hell they listen to a read everything you say anywhere anyways. You walk down the street your on camera, average of 75 times per day. You cant hide... :shock:
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Das Sheep wrote:'They' are here and many other sites, sure. But as long as you are a normal sane prepper and not looking to hurt anyone, attack the gov or blow anything up they probably do not care about you. 'They' are people with a job to do, and do not really have the time or desire to go to a meeting on making post appocolyptic fifteen bean soup that is dangerously spicy.

Unless the agent in question is also a prepper who likes 15 bean soup and likes it hot. Then they might come.

Now you have never had my bean soup! If I could get enough guys to eat it at one time - there is a possibility to melt the ice caps and ignite the atmosphere. Swamp
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby Tom Bergstrand » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:51 pm

"Somebody somewhere is not only encouraging these types of behavior but rewarding it. Remember Hitler? Of course you do. The officers that were tasked to round up Jews and other "undesirables" in those areas that they conquered mostly had no opinion one way or the other about these people. Their fanaticism was fed by rewards given by Der Fuhrer which led to promotions and medals. Even Austria willingly gave up their Jews after an election in which 98% of the populice voted (yes, VOTED) to become part of Nazi Germany. (Google Anschluss). Failure to find what the leaders want to see is FAILURE! It doesn't have to be true, it doesn't have to be very glaring, just connect two dots and give them "something" to pass along "upstairs" and they are considered successful. They keep their job, they keep getting paid, they stay in the good graces of "the powers that be". You don't have to be bad. You only need to be identified as someone that "might" become a problem. No proof is needed. Just a very slight connection to "something".
Tom in Kingman Arizona
Oath Keeper #005181
Kingman Lodge #22 F&AM Kingman Arizona
U.S. Paratrooper
Tom Bergstrand
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby Jester » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:37 am

.....and you can see the groundwork already laid in the US if you open your eyes.
Jester
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby WyoDutch » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Frankly, I'd rather be on the government poo poo list instead of the list of their brown-nosers.
You know times are bad in America when GW Bush's presidency starts looking good..
WyoDutch
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Return to Meetups & Events