• Advertisement

MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR 2011

Post your events and meetups here

MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR 2011

Postby cityhomesteader » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:17 pm

MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR is a fun-filled, family-oriented sustainable lifestyle event, featuring dozens of practical, hands-on demonstrations and workshops from the leading authorities on: Renewable Energy, Small-scale Agriculture, Gardening, Green Building, Green Transportation and Natural Health.

In between sessions, attendees enjoy an array of entertainment options, organic local food and beverages, as well as outdoor gardening and livestock demonstrations. Plus, save on great deals from dozens of regional and national vendors featuring sustainable lifestyle products and services, including: Books, Tools, Seeds, Crafts, Organic Foods, Clothes, Solar Gadgets and More!

The inaugural Fair was held in September 2010 at the beautiful Seven Springs Mountain Resort southeast of Pittsburgh. More than 9,000 people participated in nearly 200 workshops, countless demonstrations on cheese making, beekeeping, building electric and wood-burning cars, seed saving, preserving and pickling, bread baking, meat processing, choosing solar power … the list goes on and on. Many sessions were standing room only and organizers had to relocate some sessions because of the large audiences the topics were drawing.

OFFICIAL 2011 DATE ANNOUNCEMENT!
Make plans now to join us next year in three fantastic locations:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/fair/home.aspx
Cityhomesteader
16 This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
http://www.ConnecticutPreppersNetwork.net
cityhomesteader
Connecticut State Moderator

Re: MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR 2011

Postby IceFire » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm

I was at the first one. Plan on going again this year, at Seven Springs, since it's close to me.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby cityhomesteader » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:33 pm

IceFire wrote:I was at the first one. Plan on going again this year, at Seven Springs, since it's close to me.

You are blessed.. I hope they come this way some year..
Cityhomesteader
16 This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
http://www.ConnecticutPreppersNetwork.net
cityhomesteader

Postby TheLight » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:41 pm

I bet there will be a lot of patchouli... But it looks rather cool and they do have some great articles interspersed with the yippie-drivel... lol
I'm going to run it by the SO, but I think I'm down. Maybe even for some of the seminars.
Actually... I wonder if they'd be interested in having a disaster preparedness table... hrmm...
"Where did I leave that clue-by-four?" -Me
"TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once." -Rush2112
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." ~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/
TheLight
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby IceFire » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:14 pm

If the seminars for the upcoming one are anything like the last one, they will be really good! Went to a GREAT talk on "simplified sustainable beekeeping" (by James Zitting from Bee Landing (www.beelanding.com), one on managing cover crops with hand tools, Small Plot Intensive (SPIN) gardening, just to name a few. I'm looking forward to the next one! Plus, LOTS of vendors...that's where I got my GrainMaker grain mill...the people who make them were there...plus, you got a discount for getting it there (AND saved on shipping!) There was also some folks there with LTS foods. If you DO go to the one at Seven Springs, let me know and maybe we can meet up.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby TheLight » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Sounds like a plan. I'm going to invite some ZS friends as well. Is there a campground around there that you'd recommend? Otherwise I'll check out the PA state website and national parks one.
"Where did I leave that clue-by-four?" -Me
"TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once." -Rush2112
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." ~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/
TheLight
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby IceFire » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:32 pm

There are a whole BUNCH of campgrounds in the area. Some for tents, and some for campers. I haven't been to any of them, though, so can't make a recommendation. If you decide to do that, though, you'll need to make your reservations early, because they fill up FAST! I just drive down, since it's only about 30-45 minutes from where I live. Last year, they were REALLY surprised at how many people showed up...they didn't think they'd have such a high attendance, as "rural" as the area is. That's what THEY get for thinking! Of course, there were a bunch of people who were there from out of state...so they pretty well filled up the hotels in the area, including the rooms there at Seven Springs.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Meetups & Events