• Advertisement

New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Re: New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Postby katmarieh » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:50 pm

Hello, I'm from southern Illinois in a little farm town. My sisters and I have talked for years about prepping. My oldest sister especially shares my desire to be self-sufficient. I am medically unable to live on my own and currently live with my cousin and her family who live in a major metro area near St. Louis, Mo. and unfortunately don't share in my belief. We are all new to prepping in my family and have tons to learn. I'm excited to be on a forum that seems so active and helpful.
katmarieh
Illinois Preppers Network
Illinois Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Glad to have you Kat. Welcome from Virginia. Hope we can help you.
Reb
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby littlejoespinto » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:04 am

Hello everyone.My name is Kim.I am a 59 years young woman from Marthas Vineyard Massachusetts.I bought a 19 acre wooded lot in Winterport Maine about 2 years ago.My 25 year old son and I cut trees and built a 20x16 cabin.We live off the grid ,me in the cozy cabin ,he in his motorhome.We have a porta potty and lug in water .We have a solar array but need new battery bank.We have to use generator for power right now.I have always been a country girl born in the city in R.I. I am a nurse and work full time .I would like to meet others who are interested in creating a self sustaining place .I am a prepper but not angry or obsessed.Just would like to be prepared.Canning,veggie garden etc.I am especially interested in people from my area.Thanks for welcoming me!
littlejoespinto

Postby TiredEyes » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:52 pm

[bHi all,

I'm a transplant from North Platte, NE to Lincoln, NE. I don't know much about the prepper movement, but would
really love to hear from others here in Lincoln, if there are any. Because of my poor eyesight I haven't been able
to drive for many years, so I don't get out much.

If there are any preppers here who would like to "show me the ropes," drop me a line, I would love to hear
from you! :)

Pat][/b]
TiredEyes

Postby Ghost_Wolf_777 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Umm... Howdy. I'm Jamie. From ye ole' South Carolina. Sadly I'm the only prepper I know so I thought it would be good to reach out to other well rounded and mentally stable and intelligent people. I'm new to this sight at least, not to prepping. So I pray you're all having a wonderful day. Stay frosty.

:ninja: :gunshooting:
Ghost_Wolf_777

Postby ria1911 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:57 am

hello im not new but havent been on here for a wile. i moved from se texas to east kentucky glad to be back.
ria1911

Postby Siskiyoumom » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Hello All, Guess I registered awhile ago and now have re-register LOL. I came to your site to read the commentary by the gal who experienced a house fire. I sat and read through about a third of the 700 or so posts to the thread and registered in order to send her a pm. Her incredible insight into the world we face, the challenges of caring for beloved parents and in-laws facing major medical issues and learning to live well in this day and age was very insightful and inspiring to me. I may be able to add a wee bit of wisdom my beloved husband and I have gained over the last few decades living off grid in rural California. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge here and look forward to exploring the forum. May God bless all who come here for encouragement, knowledge and hope to make it through the coming years.
Siskiyoumom

Postby Marbleheader » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Hello All!
I'm former Navy Enlisted(Submariner)non Nuke Machinist Mate.
Been building a bug out/get home bag with the best gear I can afford. Perhaps 2 months of food on hand that needs no refrigeration.
I am torn between bugging out to say an area off Rt 1 in northern Maine where I have some very old Family ties or bugging in.

I have the feeling if things were bad my area North Shore (North of Boston ) would be a blood bath within days. We have allot of parasites/ opportunists close who barely behave when things are going well.
I
Regards,
Marbleheader
Marbleheader

Postby Surfman398 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Here I am, entirely new to prepping but given the fact that I live in a Northwest city on the water and alongside the "Ring of Fire", it seems prudent to me to at least know what not to do in any catastrophic or emergency situation. I am 66 years old,(I like to think of that as being 16 with 50 years experience), but I still have to work for a pittance to keep a roof over my head.

I live alone, so I have no hostages to fortune. My initial plan is to read through some of the many articles and posts on this site and develop a strategy, identify, acquire and practice the skills I might need to employ in a bug out situation with nothing more than I can walk away with on my back. I'd like to survive the natural calamities and avoid the "Golden Horde".

First step was becoming a Gold Member. Next is quit typing and start reading.

Stay safe and well Folks. :wave: posting.php?mode=reply&f=563&t=184#
Surfman398
Washington Preppers Network
Washington Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:52 pm

Marbleheader wrote:Hello All!
I'm former Navy Enlisted(Submariner)non Nuke Machinist Mate.
Been building a bug out/get home bag with the best gear I can afford. Perhaps 2 months of food on hand that needs no refrigeration.
I am torn between bugging out to say an area off Rt 1 in northern Maine where I have some very old Family ties or bugging in.

I have the feeling if things were bad my area North Shore (North of Boston ) would be a blood bath within days. We have allot of parasites/ opportunists close who barely behave when things are going well.
I
Regards,
Marbleheader

Welcome Marbleheader from another navy vet. My wife is from Maine originally. Yes, I believe Maine would be an ideal bugging out spot. Mainers are independent and self sustaining by nature. You want to be as far away from big cities as possible.
Reb
rebnavy1862

Postby rebnavy1862 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:57 pm

Surfman398 wrote:Here I am, entirely new to prepping but given the fact that I live in a Northwest city on the water and alongside the "Ring of Fire", it seems prudent to me to at least know what not to do in any catastrophic or emergency situation. I am 66 years old,(I like to think of that as being 16 with 50 years experience), but I still have to work for a pittance to keep a roof over my head.

I live alone, so I have no hostages to fortune. My initial plan is to read through some of the many articles and posts on this site and develop a strategy, identify, acquire and practice the skills I might need to employ in a bug out situation with nothing more than I can walk away with on my back. I'd like to survive the natural calamities and avoid the "Golden Horde".

Stay safe and well Folks. :wave: http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/ ... 563&t=184#

Welcome Surfman from a 16 year old with 53 years of experience. This forum is a great place to learn. Please ask questions and we will try to help. Good people here.
Reb
rebnavy1862

Postby LeeLynn » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Surfman398 wrote:Here I am, entirely new to prepping but given the fact that I live in a Northwest city on the water and alongside the "Ring of Fire", it seems prudent to me to at least know what not to do in any catastrophic or emergency situation. I am 66 years old,(I like to think of that as being 16 with 50 years experience), but I still have to work for a pittance to keep a roof over my head.

Stay safe and well Folks. :wave: posting.php?mode=reply&f=563&t=184#

Welcome aboard
LeeLynn

Postby Siskiyoumom » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Our family lives in northern California. Hubby retired and I still work a day job with a long commute from our tiny place in the mountains. We live off grid with a small hydro wheel to generate energy and just got a few solar panels to help out our energy needs. With the severe drought of the last few years we reduced our garden and focus our water on the tiny orchard. As we age and prepare for life post my retirement we are aware of vulnerable we are to diminishing mental health as well as physical. We love our home and know that in the event of a huge quake we would be in a world of hurt. The recent wildland fires impacted both family and kin. Glad to find another forum to learn from and hopefully live well in the coming years.
Siskiyoumom

Postby Shannon2015 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:43 pm

Thank you for providing this forum. I look forward to reading previous posts.
Shannon2015

new member- in Galveston, TX - nurse (anybody in my area?)

Postby Margherita » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:17 am

Hi everyone,
My name is Fran. I have been a prepper most of my life but I just started looking online to find fellow preppers. I live in Galveston, TX. I am a RN. I have kids. My kids are into prepping too. In the past I had a homestead in North Georgia but I decided to move to Texas because of the weather and the fact that even though Galveston is not ideal as a location for somebody who's into prepping, we all love the sea. I also love working at the university hospital on the island. I am looking for fellow preppers in my area. I have not purchased a house yet. I am renting right now and trying to decide what to buy or whether to build. I like the idea of a concrete house. I do own a RV which is also my bug out method of choice.
Margherita

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself