• Advertisement

New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Re: New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Postby Free 2 B U + Me » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:25 am

Hello! I just joined, I'm a NYer, looking diligently for NW AK group that is already established on their property, may welcome me as visitor, and if chemistry good, have me move there. I have solid prepper skills to offer, have a regular income but am free to use my time to further the groups prepping. Please give me any solid, established groups looking for new member.
Free 2 B U + Me

Postby prepper_jack » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:08 pm

Hello - I'm new to prepping, interested in getting tips on where to get started. Grew up in a big city but now live in johnson county, IA. Any tips or folks nearby I'd love to hear from you
prepper_jack

Postby IceFire » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:30 pm

Welcome!

A good place to start is in the "How to Start Prepping (The Basics) section http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewforum.php?f=616

There is a lot of good information there. Then, check out the different sections. If you don't find what you're looking for, ASK! There are many knowledgeable people here who can provide you with information.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Liverchip » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:08 am

Welcome!
Liverchip

Postby SaturdayPrepper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:51 pm

Hello all, I've long been a ghost on forums and figured I'd finally take the time to join one. I don't know if I'd consider myself a prepper, but my wife says I am... and she's right more often than wrong. I grew up on a farm, serve in the military, and have a habit of making sure we have enough food in the house in case of winter... even though we live in a place that has no winter right now.

Regards,

SP

http://www.saturdayprepper.com
SaturdayPrepper

Postby MissOlivia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:57 am

Hello everyone, I'm a new prepper from WA, always looking for helpful tips and advice. Have a great day!
MissOlivia

Postby beenafool2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:21 am

thank you for accepting me into the American Preppers Nettwork !!!!! one can say i have been a prepper all my life with what i do for actives (fish, hunt and a love for the out door). from learning how to came from my mom and dad can joining the boy scouts ... and the list keeps going .... with all that i have seen going on in the world today i have found myself getting more and more in getting my family ready and into prepping!!!! i am always looking for new ideas and help on how to do things. living in Rhode Island i have not found alot of like minded people so start to reach out alittle more to see who i can find. thank you for any help you can give and shair ... Paul
beenafool2

Postby OPFOR Tactician » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Hello all!

I have rejoined this forum after several years absence when some of you may remember me as Jericho Montana?
I recently retired from Army civilian service and can finally focus on the prepping effort. I have already posted several brief intros to the Texas forum.

My wife and I currently live in Virginia, but will be moving to Texas next summer. We are very interested in locating an active prepper group somewhere northeast to northwest of the DFW imbroglio, the location of which will determine the area we settle in.

We have been preppers since we were called "survivalists" in the 70s and most people laughed. Now that I am retired, I look forward to the lively and spirited discussions I used to have on these forums.
OPFOR Tactician

Postby IceFire » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:26 pm

Welcome back, Jericho Montana! Er...I mean OPFOR Tactician. Been a LONG time since you've been around. Good to see you've returned to the fold, as it were.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby OPFOR Tactician » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks much. Hard to believe its been almost 8 years.

Retired life is good here. Son married three years ago and we are going to be grandparents by mid-December.
In the process of moving his family to Ft. Worth, TX and looking forward to possibly move to northeast-northwest Texas next year.

How goes things on your end?
OPFOR Tactician

Postby IceFire » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:15 pm

OPFOR Tactician wrote:Thanks much. Hard to believe its been almost 8 years.

Retired life is good here. Son married three years ago and we are going to be grandparents by mid-December.
In the process of moving his family to Ft. Worth, TX and looking forward to possibly move to northeast-northwest Texas next year.

How goes things on your end?

So, your son's family is going to "Foat Wuth" (You HAVE to pronounce it properly!) Personally, when we were in TX, I tried to avoid the Dallas-Ft. Worth "MetroMess" as much as possible!

As for us, we moved from PA to SE Arizona, and I'm now in the process of trying to turn 19 acres of mesquite into a self-sufficient homestead. It is very much a work in progress! Right now, we've got horses, goats, and chickens, as well as the dogs...eventually we plan on adding some cattle and pigs, as well. Oh, and just killed a BIG western diamondback that THOUGHT it was going to take up residence under my house :eek: From the size and the number of "buttons" on the rattle, we figure it was close to 10 years old. Good thing we tend to "carry" even on the property. Between snakes, coyotes, and javelinas, not to mention the occasional bobcat or mountain lion (the bears USUALLY stay in the mountains, but there is the occasional straggler) it keeps things interesting.

Nice thing about our area though..."prepping" is more the norm than the exception. Between the ranchers, homesteaders, off-gridders, and current/retired/former military here, I think more people DO prep than don't. That, and it's a "Constitutional carry" state, so no license/permit needed to carry openly or concealed, although there ARE advantages to having one. (like, no NICS check, for one...they just write your CCW number in the spot where the NICS approval number would normally go. Main effect of THAT is that it screws up the "official" gun ownership numbers for the state, since those are based off of NICS checks. A LOT more people are armed than what the "official" figures state :evil: )
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby OPFOR Tactician » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Nice talking to you IF and I know what you mean regards accents. Coming from the Buckeye state we always knew the foreigners when they said Cincinnati, Ohio.
Everyone knows it's correctly pronounced - Cincinnata, Ohia.

Regards your effort in Arizona, have you seen the Homestead Rescue episode on a homestead in that state? Not certain if that show has any stigma to it, but the Rainy's(?) did provide useful help from what I saw especially a working natural air conditioner.

Regards DFW, the wife and I are not looking to move there, but in the NE-NW corridor between Texarkana and the Pan Handle. Close enough to our son to easily visit him, but far enough out to not be bothered! :clap:
OPFOR Tactician

Postby IceFire » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:37 pm

OPFOR,

Yes, I saw that episode. I like watching the show to get ideas. Another "natural air conditioner" to think about for desert dwellers...instead of a typical "peaked" roof and "standard" construction, do the "adobe style with the "lip" all around the edges. That lip traps and holds the rainwater, and the water evaporating off the roof provides cooling for the house. That's why those old adobe-style houses were built that way.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Hlan1209 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:20 am

Hi everyone, I'm a new to a prepper and I hope that here I can find helpful advice. Thank you
Hlan1209

Postby Blackrose1754 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:41 am

My name is Heather and I love in wv and I am new to all this but I've been prepping for a bit now. Because I know it's coming sooner or later. But I would like to get some information on people who would like to meet up and such when the time comes bc I'm a mother of two boys and need help to protect them when stuff gets real. Any info would be appreciated greatly. And I'm not to good on these forums things so please email at HD1754@OUTLOOK.COM thanks everyone
Blackrose1754

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself