• Advertisement

Hello from Wisconsin

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Hello from Wisconsin

Postby waackt » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:02 am

Just a shout out from a new member in Eastern Wisconsin. I have been involved in the business of prepping for approximately 10 years and am currently employed in the disaster relief community. I am currently pending graduation with a Bachelor's in Emergency & Disaster Management from the American Military University. I am a licensed amateur "ham" radio operator and have an solid background in communications technology. I look forward to learning a lot from all of you and sharing my knowledge too.

Thanks!
waackt
Wisconsin Preppers Network
Wisconsin Preppers Network

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Postby gman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:10 am

glad to see u here from Idaho. Looks like we have another brain to pick when needed. Gotta like that!
Information Station"American Preppers Radio"http://prepperbroadcasting.com/
Support APN and become a Gold Member Today! Free E-book "It's a Disaster And What Are You Gonna Do About It?" Free Lifetime Membership at SafeCastle Royal. 30% Discount at SurvivalCD.com. All this and more! Sign Up Here
gman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby mmpaints » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:13 pm

welcome aboard
"Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid". - John Wayne

WARNING- i change my avatar frequently for my own enjoyment. Complaining about it won't help ;)
mmpaints
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby itsadisaster » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Greetings from Tucson waackt .. and welcome! :) And congrats on pending graduation..!!! itsa
Be Aware... Be Prepared... and Have a Plan! Download a free 58-pg ebook portion of IT'S A DISASTER! ...and what are YOU gonna do about it? with tips about hurricanes, floods, evacuations, wildfires, kits + more
itsadisaster
Arizona State Moderator
Arizona State Moderator

Postby FreedomV » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi from SE MN

I am looking to take a HAM radio class this year, glad to find another resource.

After you have a deep pantry think about skills training Two great training organizations I have found are
1. "Front Sight" for defensive handgun training- do not pay their retail price, there are many specials - FS is great at promotions but they do deliver, I just got back from taking two friends there and they were both impressed.

2. The Appleseed project, www.Appleseedinfo.org This is a nationwide project by a not for profit foundation with the mission to teach rifle marksmanship and revolutionary war history. 2 day marksmanship Clinics are free to all under 21, all ladies and all active military and law enforcement.
Clinics are taught by volunteer instructors - they were so impressive programs that I have became an instructor in training to pay it foreward.

The E-Z armor is an impressive product that I have added to my doors- ez to instal-- the more advanced kits are for carpenters
http://www.armorconcepts.com/
FreedomV

Return to Introduce Yourself