• Advertisement

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Postby alexandrafalcon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 am

I am Alexandra Falcon from Scotland. I feel the need to begin preparing or prepping for any kind of emergency.
I have pretty much everything I would need should my daughter and I need to get out. Everything but food and water.
I keep going back and forth as to how to process food and put it back for that emergency.
I live not far from the mountains. We have plenty of fresh water there so I will be stocking up on water purifying pills.
But if we had to bug out as they say it would be a majour undertaking to carry loads of canned foods.
So I have been thinking of preparing meals in bags also. Dehydrating meals which would be much lighter should we have to walk out.
But if it's a case of loosing electricity which would be more likely then a camping stove, camping heaters and water storage along with canned foods would be very welcome.

I am very curious what others are going and gaining idea's that might work for me.

Should we have a tsunami hit well I sit right on the North Sea. The other side of Scotland is the Atlantic Ocean.

It's nice to meet all of you.

Re: Hello

Postby mmpaints » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:41 am

Welcome Alexandra!
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ajax727 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:26 am

Hi and welcome to the site , it is great for people in other countries to be thinking about the events that could happen .
Dehydrating food is a great way to store food , just about everything can be dehydrated it saves space and cuts down on the weight . There are some good topic written by some smart people here take time to read what others have wrote and ask questions people will chime in and answer them as best they can .

Postby popcandave » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 am

Hello and welcome aboard. Enjoyed visiting your country many years ago.
You might consider a good water filter for your bol in the hills.
West Virginia Preppers Network
West Virginia Preppers Network

Postby LetsPrep11 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:58 am

Welcome from Florida! :wave:
Visiting Scotland is on my Bucket List. Many in the States have some Scottish blood in them so, in a way, we're Kin. Got a bit myself, on my mother's side. Grandma was a Wallace and we traced her Scottish roots back to the 1400's.

Interested to hear what prepping conditions are like where you live. Are there companies that sell dehydrated and Freeze dried foods, like here? Those water tablets aren't the tastiest and have a short shelf-life. I would buy a portable water filter for your BOB. The ones we have each process 100,000 gallons of water and can be purchased through many sources, including Amazon.

Postby SSG Nasty » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:33 am

Howdy and welcome from AZ
SSG Nasty
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Return to Introduce Yourself