• Advertisement

New Prepper from New Mexico

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

New Prepper from New Mexico

Postby Chance3 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Proud to be a new member of APN - My wife had been telling me for years, in her own sweet way, about prepping. Years ago she read great books like Atlas Shrugged and Lucifer's Hammer, these books gave her the mindset for prepping...she just didn't know it was called Prepping/Prepper's. She has been asking me to read these books and give her my take. I would try and get through the first chapter and get bored with them.
Y2k didn't phase me at all. 9/11 was very upsetting and unsettling, But "W" earned my trust and kicked butt, then I went back to my normal suburban rut. You know, keeping up with the Jones, buying all the new gadgets, getting hooked on computer games as my release after a hard day at the office grind.
Then came 2008 - father had a heart attack, found out my health was in poor shape with overweight, high blood pressure, and panic attack's due to stresses over the last few years. The doctor said my fathers heart attack was the trigger. And then comes a new president.
Needless to say, my whole way of life and thinking has changed for the better. I really wish I had understood what my wife was trying to explain to me some 20 years ago. Where would be now with our prepping mindset if I had "Got it".
Better late than never and you have to start somewhere sometime. I'm just glad you all are here, and we can learn and share together as like minded free Americans in this Great Republic.
"I am one of those who do not believe that a national debt is a national blessing, but rather a curse to a republic; inasmuch as it is calculated to raise around the administration a moneyed aristocracy dangerous to the liberties of the country." - President Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
Chance3
New Mexico Preppers Network
New Mexico Preppers Network

Re: New Prepper from New Mexico

Postby gman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:52 pm

glad to see you from Idaho. welcome and enjoy
Information Station"American Preppers Radio"http://prepperbroadcasting.com/
Support APN and become a Gold Member Today! Free E-book "It's a Disaster And What Are You Gonna Do About It?" Free Lifetime Membership at SafeCastle Royal. 30% Discount at SurvivalCD.com. All this and more! Sign Up Here
gman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby founderant » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Postby Whisper » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:12 pm

Welcome to the board and Great first post. :thumbsup:
Survival Shelters and Retreats - viewforum.php?f=172Image BOB's & BOV's - viewforum.php?f=170 Image
NC Forum - http://www.NorthCarolinaPreppersNetwork.net"
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Alaska Rose » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Welcome and browse around, there is lots of info here. Better late than never. Cliches hang around because they are true, LOL.
https://www.createspace.com/4043866
Don't Use A Chainsaw In The Kitchen (Volume 1)
How-To and Cookbook. Butchering, gardening, baking, canning, building a trapper cabin and short autobiography all in one.
https://www.createspace.com/4910851 ....And Then You Die - autobiography
Image Image
Alaska Rose
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby mmpaints » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:13 pm

ROFL Chance, I thought Rand was a little wordy myself but the point was clear enough to keep me interested. Didn't much like the ending tho. Lucifers hammer is sitting on the hard drive awaiting my time to read it.

Welcome aboard
"Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid". - John Wayne

WARNING- i change my avatar frequently for my own enjoyment. Complaining about it won't help ;)
mmpaints
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby itsadisaster » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:47 pm

Greetings from 'zona .. and welcome to APN..! Sorry to hear about your father but glad you've started on a journey of recognition and awareness! :)
Be Aware... Be Prepared... and Have a Plan! Download a free mini ebook portion of IT'S A DISASTER! ...and what are YOU gonna do about it?
itsadisaster
Arizona State Moderator
Arizona State Moderator

Return to Introduce Yourself