• Advertisement

hello from Vermont!

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

hello from Vermont!

Postby foliage-leaves » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Hello from northern Vermont! Started getting serious about prepping 6 months ago. My husband is on board with me. We got a few of the essentials. We do not know anyone in our circle of friends and family that want to do this. We are not letting there opinions stop us from doing what we know is the right thing to do. We are so happy we came across this sight. I am prior Navy and Army National Guard. Thankyou everyone for coming together to help each other. I hope that we can post something to help at least one person. Thanks again.
foliage-leaves

Re: hello from Vermont!

Postby gman » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:36 pm

Hello from Idaho. Just got on and can't believe no ones said hi yet. Glad to have you here. You've found a lot of great people. Be sure to ask if you have any questions. Is a little slower than normal today.
Information Station"American Preppers Radio"http://prepperbroadcasting.com/
Support APN and become a Gold Member Today! Free E-book "It's a Disaster And What Are You Gonna Do About It?" Free Lifetime Membership at SafeCastle Royal. 30% Discount at SurvivalCD.com. All this and more! Sign Up Here
gman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby founderant » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:25 pm

Hello from North Carolina!
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Postby foliage-leaves » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:40 pm

thankyou both for the welcome. I am really excited to be a part of this.
foliage-leaves

Postby ghsebldr » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Welcome from Washington, I wish my better half would at least fake some interest. Good for you guys.
ghsebldr

Postby foliage-leaves » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:09 pm

thankyou. My husband is on board. He does not think im crazy. Im sure my family and friends do! lol. He is more hands on. Im the one with the patience to research the web, books, etc. I find and show, explain to him and we practice to know how to do it. I will be learning how to set up a tent, make a fire when it is dry and wet. He knows how to do this already. I have been camping throughout my life but never "had" to do any of the guy stuff. LOL. So now i will be learning how to do this come warmer weather. It is snowing here in VT. There are other ways to build a shelter with branches etc. I will learn these as well. It hopefully will be a great learning experience plus some fun. I hope my husband has some patience with me. A boy scout told me that i should not throw out my dryer lint because it is a quick way to start a fire. So believe it or not i have been ziplocking dryer lint! We have been working on our BOB's. There is a great Army Navy surplus store less than 2 hours from me. The packs are great. Learned from an old timer no matter what line your packs with heavy plastic bags. There is alot of info i have gathered in 6 months that we can make work for us. I know I will learn alot from this sight and I hope i can add something to help someone else.
foliage-leaves

Postby Gen-IL Homesteader » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:38 pm

Welcome aboard, foliage-leaves! Glad you've joined us! I'm wondering how you picked your name????? (I love it, btw!)
Gen-IL Homesteader
Illinois State Moderator
Illinois State Moderator

Postby mmpaints » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:49 pm

welcome aboard
"Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid". - John Wayne

WARNING- i change my avatar frequently for my own enjoyment. Complaining about it won't help ;)
mmpaints
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Alaska Rose » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 pm

Welcome from Alaska. Sounds like you are off to a great start and even better, both of you are on the same page about it.
https://www.createspace.com/4043866
Don't Use A Chainsaw In The Kitchen (Volume 1)
How-To and Cookbook. Butchering, gardening, baking, canning, building a trapper cabin and short autobiography all in one.
https://www.createspace.com/4910851 ....And Then You Die - autobiography
Image Image
Alaska Rose
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby itsadisaster » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Greetings from 'zona (sorry your so cold already - we'll send you some sunshine!) And thank you for your service! :) itsa
Be Aware... Be Prepared... and Have a Plan! Download a free 58-pg ebook portion of IT'S A DISASTER! ...and what are YOU gonna do about it? with tips about hurricanes, floods, evacuations, wildfires, kits + more
itsadisaster
Arizona State Moderator
Arizona State Moderator

Postby foliage-leaves » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Gen-IL Homesteader wrote:Welcome aboard, foliage-leaves! Glad you've joined us! I'm wondering how you picked your name????? (I love it, btw!)

thankyou for the welcome. As long as i can remember i have always enjoyed the Fall. I love the color orange! to me leaves are like flowers - colorful and beautiful - even the green ones. so i decided to use those two things for my name. thanks for asking.
foliage-leaves

Postby foliage-leaves » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Alaska Rose wrote:Welcome from Alaska. Sounds like you are off to a great start and even better, both of you are on the same page about it.

thanks for the welcome. one of my long time dreams is to go to Alaska! One day i will. i am very happy for you being there. im also glad my husband did not think i was crazy when i approached him with prepping. he is a quiet person - not one to take on a long car trip. LOL. there is so much to know and to do but not impossible with a sight like this. im very thankful that i found it.
foliage-leaves

Postby cityhomesteader » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Welcome to the Forums!!! From Connecticut
Cityhomesteader
16 This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
http://www.ConnecticutPreppersNetwork.net
cityhomesteader
Connecticut State Moderator
Connecticut State Moderator

Postby foliage-leaves » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:30 pm

cityhomesteader wrote:Welcome to the Forums!!! From Connecticut

thankyou. where can i look on this sight for info on guns/ammo? like to know if you can vacuum seal bullets? If i dont know i will be asking. i will probably be asking many questions. and thankyou in advance.
foliage-leaves

Postby Alaska Rose » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:29 am

There is lots of guns and ammo info here. Just ask away, someone is bound to know the answers.
https://www.createspace.com/4043866
Don't Use A Chainsaw In The Kitchen (Volume 1)
How-To and Cookbook. Butchering, gardening, baking, canning, building a trapper cabin and short autobiography all in one.
https://www.createspace.com/4910851 ....And Then You Die - autobiography
Image Image
Alaska Rose
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself