• Advertisement

Interesting govt preparations.-PART 2-Oil Drill Spin Off

Discussions about hydrocarbon fuels

Moderator: watcher

Re: Drill, Baby Drill!

Postby daaswampman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 pm

scywin wrote:
Pedro wyoming wrote:Wait a minute...you folks are not allowed to pump your own fuel...Hmmm

I see how this could be a problem for you.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pW

True on the not allowed to pump. We certainly don't need more laws. I have natural gas and I do not have a propane distributor.

I have never seen a car running on natural gas, nor have I ever seen a natural gas or propane filling station. While the idea sounds fine I think it is ridiculous to suggest this as a serious proposal unless it is actually available.

Is there anyone on this forum that has a car converted from gasoline to natural gas?

Diesel conversions might be viable as Boone Pickens was suggesting this for long haul trucks. However, I have never seen this either.

My point is that this is at best a very long term proposition, as wind and solar are. If you want to get to energy independence within a decade you need to drill, build pipelines, and maybe allow a few nuclear power plants, not bet on green dreams. If you want to spend a little on research in the interim that's okay, but billions of dollars on failed battery companies (A123) or Solar panel companies (Solyndra) that just waste tax dollars doesn't get us anywhere.

You may need to get out more. There are places to fill up with propane in North Louisiana. Most of the city buses in Shreveport are already converted. My families small company already has service vehicles that refill overnight on natural gas. When somebody puts in a high capacity unit we will convert all the trucks. Route vehicles should be the first to convert. Think of all the money cities could save if they converted all their route fleets. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby scywin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Deleted
scywin

Postby scywin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Deleted
scywin

Postby daaswampman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:00 pm

None of thie was complicated as we used certified installers who knows all the details and permits This is not rocket science as propane fueled trucks has been around for decades - yes decades. Yes they are street legal. We want to go LNG with the big trucks as soon as a high capacity station is available. This is not Joe's Shade Tree Garage stuff. You just order them that way. The technology is there - it is a disfunction of government and initial cost that is holding things up. We spend billions on useless BS like wind or solar while this proven alternative is here and ready.
I cannot get natural gas to my home as the nearest line is a thousand feet away. The only company with a line will not pay for it or allow me to pay for it. Think of the energy that could be saved and the pollution reduced if every home had NG available, but no lets spend billions on solar BS that does not work. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman

Postby scywin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:51 am

Deleted
scywin

Postby Pedro wyoming » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 am

Scywin,
I spent a couple of hours researching the options in NJ. Then expanded to the eastern US. I was astonished to find that there is not a lot of options when i considered the morass of law that you folks have. Maybe you need to import some Californians? :rofl:

pW
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change that survives.” Charles Darwin
Iמנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסי
אלוהים
Pedro wyoming
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby scywin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Deleted
scywin

Previous

Return to Hydrocarbon fuels