Moderator: watcher

Re: Interesting govt preparations.

Postby scywin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Deleted
scywin

Postby AlabamaPoleCat » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:48 pm

PatrioticStabilist wrote:Just so you know:

If you think drill baby drill makes a damn bit of difference, read this article from Bloomberg, a reputable reporting agency.

Drill every damn barrel and export SELL SELL SELL make money... SHEEEEESSSSS since when is making money a bad thing and not going to help the economy.... DUH anyone care to define economy without buying and selling of things????? An economy that doesn't buy and sell only exists in Star Tek... Guess what Star Tek is Fantasy as in NOT REAL, Made up FAKE, Pretend.
Revelations: " Good guys win Bad guys lose"

"One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed by your inferiors." Plato
Sheep Dogs Unite!

Your god with his hammer loses the final battle. My God wins the final battle. Any questions?
AlabamaPoleCat
Alabama Preppers Network
Alabama Preppers Network

Postby Dirk Williams » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm saying that if Canada wants to sel there oil then that's their thing, why do we need to trans continent a pipe line for Canada's gain. What's in it long term for the US.

Pole cat. I KNOW your wiser then that. Selling our natural resources to other country's is not a great plan. While a you g college pleb, I thought I learned that the USs strategic plan was to use other country's resources up via purchasing them at fair market value.

The idea was that when those resources were gone, we would then tap our natural resources to better the USA, not line the pockets of big business.

Imagine this our country, with reasonable gas prices, our old and feeble warm and cozy in their homes in the middle of winter. Our resources being used wisely for the betterment of we the people.

Not some poo poo head on the pacific rim.

I find it interesting that our science and tech follow a business model rather then a best interest of the people model. Why do you think that is.

Big business would seem or kill the animal on earth if there was a profit in it. Then our leaders will bail them out!

O wait that's already happened and who's paying the price. We or big business.

Drill, pump and sell our resources, BUT only
Y after the needs of our citizens have been met.

DW
Dirk Williams

Postby scywin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Deleted
scywin

Postby Lance » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Dirk,

Most of the drilling is being done on private lands where the minerals are owned by land owners and private parties. In this case the resource, developed by the energy companies, are not publicly owned and are sold like any other commodity be it wheat, corn, soy beans, etc. You too can participate in this "big business" by buying stock, mineral rights, working interests, etc. Just a thought.

Regarding the pipeline companies.....they are only getting easement rights......they are not buying the land. The farmer can continue to plow, plant crops, raise cattle just like they would do if this were a utility power line or water easement. On the upside they are getting paid a !@#$ load of money for that easement......thousands of times the income that strip of land could produce in a year.

Drill baby drill.......

Lance
Make America Great Again........!!!
Lance

Postby TaffyJ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Drill baby drill is not benefitting the American people. If it were, then our pump prices would be lower, not higher. As long as domestic oil is sold on the global market, it will never help us. It is benefitting corporations, many of which aren't American, either. Drilling is fine, if you like it. Making money is fine too. But don't get all inflated and say that we need to do this to help our nation, our economy, our people. It's not. Call it what it is. Just another global product, more corporate profit. Its not patriotic, its not strategic, its money. If the entities involved were partiotic or thinking about good strategy for our nation, then we would be keeping resources and production here at home. We are not.

It was well into WWII before we stopped selling Japan oil and steel to run its war machine. How smart was that? We just don't learn. With the situation as it is around the globe, we need to keep these resources here, and damn the money. If our economy is so bad that we can't afford not to sell what it would be cheaper to keep than to buy, its already too late. We have forsaken wisdom.

Do not forget that India and China have growing fuel demand, even though we here in the US are in a recession. As long as petroleum is sold globally, gasoline prices will not go down for us just because our domestic demand is a little bit lower. China and India will be right there to drive the price up. They won't complain about the price becasue they are already used to higher prices at the pump than we are.

It may not be realistic, indeed financially impossible, to keep our resources here at home. But we should. Drill baby drill is fine, if it benefits us. It doesn't.
Shrug
TaffyJ
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby scywin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Deleted
scywin

Postby TaffyJ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm

scywin, I am responding to the 'drill baby drill' sentiment that was expressed in the post before mine.
Shrug
TaffyJ

Postby scywin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Deleted
scywin

Postby papaswamp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:58 pm

scywin wrote:
TaffyJ wrote:scywin, I am responding to the 'drill baby drill' sentiment that was expressed in the post before mine.

I still don't get what you are saying. We haven't tried "drill, baby, drill". To say it hasn't benefited us when we haven't tried it is at best confusing.

The post before you seemed to say we should "drill baby drill", not that we are currently doing it.

Actually, more area has been opened up by this administration than previous. There is substantially more drilling and fracking than ever before. Even the Arctic is now open.
papaswamp
Florida State Moderator
Florida State Moderator

Postby Lance » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:24 pm

TaffyJ wrote:Drill baby drill is not benefitting the American people. If it were, then our pump prices would be lower, not higher......

It may not be realistic, indeed financially impossible, to keep our resources here at home. But we should. Drill baby drill is fine, if it benefits us. It doesn't.

You realize it would destroy this country if we didn't drill here.......If we were stop every rig right now European gas prices would look like fire sale bargains and the price of everything would be in the stratosphere. We need to thank the petroleum industry in this country every day for our standard of living and for such "low" gas prices.

For perspective imagine the price of WTI($92.56 ) & NYMEX($92.45) going up to:

Brent - $116.00
OPEC Basket -$110.70
Alaska North Slope - $110.72
Asia-Pacific Tapis - $115.09

If you think your gas is expensive now......

Lance
Make America Great Again........!!!
Lance

Postby scywin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Deleted
scywin

Postby Dirk Williams » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:51 pm

I happen to agree with Taffy . Profiting and economics are good, your right, but the price for the citizens is to high. We need to become totally self sufficient before we sell to others.

During the debate tonight your numbers were contrary to the truth. "Actually I believe you over Obama". Anyway greed WILl kill our country. Private property or not we need to do the right thing for once.

Just thinking out loud.

DW
Dirk Williams

Postby scywin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:48 am

Deleted
scywin

Interesting govt preparations.-PART 2-Spin Off Posts

Postby ReadyMom » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:45 am

REserved for posts in process of being moved here. -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrocarbon fuels