• Advertisement

FEMA Wood Gas Generator

Discussions about hydrocarbon fuels

Moderator: watcher

FEMA Wood Gas Generator

Postby Gunns » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:57 am

I am sure this has been posted here before but I thought it would be a good idea to post it. This is the FEMA guide on building a gasifier. I thought printing it out and sticking it a survival binder would be a good idea.

http://www.soilandhealth.org/03sov/0302 ... oodgas.pdf
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Re: FEMA Wood Gas Generator

Postby JMB1911 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:13 am

Some great info. Thanks Gunns! :thumbup:
JMB1911

Postby WillBkool » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Good find! I've been researching these lately, but didn't find this.
Gearing up, one bullet and seed at a time.
P-MAG Panhandle Mutual Assistance Group
670 watts of solar panels, 315 amp hours @ 24 volts battery bank
WillBkool

Postby PatrioticMom » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks for posting, Gunns! My husband would love to make one of these someday.
PatrioticMom

Postby Permafrost » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks for posting. Printed & put in binder. Have a old (1960's vintage) generator I think I might try this on next summer. Montgomery Ward with a brigs & stratton engine. Has anyone ever tried this, and how much time did it take to make? What type engine did you put it on?
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby jrob » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:27 am

Been doing LOTS of research and about to start building mine, have a couple questions if anyone has made one and doesn't mind sharing.

Also "7 trumpet Prepper" on YouTube has a great video on building one.
jrob

Postby PeachOnEarth » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:04 am

Question?.. why does Fema put out a document like that and the EPA at the same time is trying to pass a bill that makes any wood burning device.. aka stoves... illegal??? I DONT GIT IT?
"Earth Laughs In Flowers" Raph Waldo Emerson

"What we have loved, others will love, and we will teach them how." William Wordsworth

"Growing your own food is like printing your own money." - Ron Finley
PeachOnEarth
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby jrob » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:42 am

It's the Govt. dont try to make sense of it.
jrob

Postby Everyman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:09 am

--deleted by author--
You are free to use or republish anything I have written here provided that your intent is to freely disseminate information that will help people. Attributions to Everyman appreciated.

From the most famous of the Medieval Morality Plays: And sayth one of the Virtues “Everyman I will go with thee to meet thy fate, I will attend thee when there is want; I am the Virtue of Knowledge.”

If voting worked it would be illegal.
Everyman
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby lemiragexl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi preppers,

For those who are curious about that FEMA doc....Using only that document I built one that runs a 100Hp, GM 250ci, 6 cyl.

Including the engine and tranny I got about $1200.00 in it, because I had a welding shop do the welding on the drums.
lemiragexl
Minnesota Preppers Network
Minnesota Preppers Network

Postby namwal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:52 pm

PeachOnEarth wrote:Question?.. why does Fema put out a document like that and the EPA at the same time is trying to pass a bill that makes any wood burning device.. aka stoves... illegal??? I DONT GIT IT?

The "government" is not one single harmonious entity. It is a massive bureaucracy of some times conflicting organizations with differing missions formed at different times by different elected officials with differing political points of view. How else can you explain Border Patrol officers risking their lives to secure our borders while the White House strives to grant amnesty to virtually anyone who can make it across? How do you explain the FBI and CIA actually working against each other? Why does one faction of government purchase trailers for Katrina victims and another does not allow them to be used because of code and zoning concerns? Why did the state department refuse to allow the military to perform its duty and protect American diplomats in Benghazi? Just more proof that government is fat, bloated and and often at odds with itself. The more we defund it, the better off we will all be.
"World oil production can probably keep going up for another 6 or 8 years. But some time in the 1980s it can’t go up much more. Demand will overtake production."-jimmy carter 1977

"Because of increased dust, cloud cover and water vapor the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born"-Newsweek 1970

"civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind,”-George Wald 1970.
namwal
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Return to Hydrocarbon fuels