• Advertisement

Distilled Water Disadvantages

Discussions about water storage, filtration, purification and procurement

Distilled Water Disadvantages

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:22 am

I was recently at a prepper event and the event of course included water purification and there were booths where people were selling various devices for purifying water. I did not see any water distillers like what I've got but I did talk to this fellow who was selling some kind of filtering device. We talked about distilled water and he mentioned that somebody else had said to him that distilled water loses its ability to transfer light into our cells. Supposedly our cells all contain light and water helps with that. With distilled water it loses that ability so it might not be a good idea to drink distilled water all the time. It has to do with the boiling, when you boil water that's what causes it to lose that ability. Anybody know anything about this?
Photon Guy

Re: Distilled Water Disadvantages

Postby sageprice » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:06 pm

sounds like smoke blown up trouser legs. Does anyone have a research paper link?
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:42 pm

What are the risks of drinking distilled water?

The main risks of drinking only distilled water are associated with the lack of dissolved minerals, such as magnesium and calcium.

Some of the adverse effects of drinking just distilled or low mineral water include:

a flat taste that many people find unappealing, leading to reduced water consumption

a decrease in the body's metabolic function

an increase in urine output that could result in electrolyte imbalance

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317698.php
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby sageprice » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:40 pm

So it like eating nothing but rabbit. no fat and you loose dietary balance.
sageprice

Postby dmwalsh568 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Photon Guy wrote:I was recently at a prepper event and the event of course included water purification and there were booths where people were selling various devices for purifying water. I did not see any water distillers like what I've got but I did talk to this fellow who was selling some kind of filtering device. We talked about distilled water and he mentioned that somebody else had said to him that distilled water loses its ability to transfer light into our cells. Supposedly our cells all contain light and water helps with that. With distilled water it loses that ability so it might not be a good idea to drink distilled water all the time. It has to do with the boiling, when you boil water that's what causes it to lose that ability. Anybody know anything about this?

I guess I watch too much sci-fi since I immediately thought you're a hologram trolling us biological entities. I mean someone who calls himself photon guy should know that other than a few bioluminescent creatures nothing living generates light. If someone said that to me IRL I'd nod politely and slowly back away trying to not spook them since they are bat guano crazy. :floppytongue:

Now if he was talking about electrolytes then yes that's an issue but you'd have to drink a lot of water without eating salt, potassium, etc. - search on water intoxication for more info. Some runners can have issues if they drink just water during a race and no rehydration solutions. I suppose distilled could be worse than tap but not drastically.
dmwalsh568

Postby Photon Guy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:45 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:I guess I watch too much sci-fi since I immediately thought you're a hologram trolling us biological entities. I mean someone who calls himself photon guy should know that other than a few bioluminescent creatures nothing living generates light. If someone said that to me IRL I'd nod politely and slowly back away trying to not spook them since they are bat guano crazy. :floppytongue:

Oh but we do emit light. We don't see it as its outside our visible spectrum but look at somebody and use an infrared viewer and you will see what I mean. Photon was a big laser tag game, the first of its kind, and was really popular during the 80s. That is how I came up with my user name.
Photon Guy

Postby dmwalsh568 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:48 am

Photon Guy wrote:
dmwalsh568 wrote:I guess I watch too much sci-fi since I immediately thought you're a hologram trolling us biological entities. I mean someone who calls himself photon guy should know that other than a few bioluminescent creatures nothing living generates light. If someone said that to me IRL I'd nod politely and slowly back away trying to not spook them since they are bat guano crazy. :floppytongue:

Oh but we do emit light. We don't see it as its outside our visible spectrum but look at somebody and use an infrared viewer and you will see what I mean. Photon was a big laser tag game, the first of its kind, and was really popular during the 80s. That is how I came up with my user name.

Ok, I had forgotten electromagnetism 101, that all electromagnetic waves are both waves and photons, and instead was focusing on visible light. So I admit you're right, but I'd still disengage from someone claiming that our cells need light. :smartass:
dmwalsh568

Postby IceFire » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Photon Guy wrote:Oh but we do emit light. We don't see it as its outside our visible spectrum but look at somebody and use an infrared viewer and you will see what I mean...

That's what we call someone's "aura" and some of us CAN see them (some can see them better than others)
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Water