• Advertisement

What's Everyone Doing Today

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

Re: What's Everyone Doing Today

Postby tunnelvision » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Made a big pot of spaghetti sauce and canned it. got 11 quart jar out of it. Fed animals and bought materials to close in a trailer. Plan to use it to haul the hogs to the slaughter house. They each weigh about 400 lbs apiece. Going to have a lot of pork. Placed an order to Hoosiers for some long term supplies. Need to make a trip to the $1 store for some paper goods to put back. Hope everyones day is a good one.
tunnelvision

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:07 pm

Today I attended a Prepper Expo in Louisville, Kentucky and right next door there was a gun show which I didn't know they were having but I ended up going to that too. I will go back tomorrow as both events are for 2 days.
Photon Guy

Postby Levi » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:15 am

Finishing the new metal roof on the house on my new 6 acre homestead. Took a while to close (from the end of March till last Friday) but I own it free and clear. Now I have to get it the way the wife and I want it. Some things will not get accomplished until spring, when we sell the house in town. But we are happy and making progress on our lists.
Lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is actually
proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

The National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior,
asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the
animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

P!
Levi
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby catfeet » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:39 am

This is late, so here goes. This was Friday and Saturday. Harvested all the cabbages and crookneck squash from the garden.
-The cabbage got washed and half is drying before going into long term storage. The other half got turned into Kimchi and is sitting and fermenting now.
-The crookneck got put directly into storage - my biggest was a hair shy of 17 lbs! Most hovered around the 12 lb range.
-I cleared out the sunflower and corn stalks and saved some of the corn for next year's seed.
-I finished up the last two banana boxes of apples and processed them into cider.
-Today we are picking more and processing the cider into jars.
-I arranged for all of our brush to get taken to the local brush disposal place - they turn it into mulch. They win on both ends; they charge $5-10 a load of brush for disposal and $$$$ for the mulch!!! Still, it's a service that we in the city don't get with trash disposal.
catfeet
Vermont Preppers Network
Vermont Preppers Network

Postby tunnelvision » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:46 pm

I have been inventorying my stuff. Determining what needs to be rotated out and what needs to be increased. Had to replace our garage door opener motor. We got a Genie with a screw drive. It is suppose to be great for our heavy door and our opening and closing it so much. I hope so anyway. Animals are doing fine. Going to close one of our trailers to haul a big old hog to slaughter. Going to haul another one next month. lol I hope I have enough freezer room I sure doing want to buy another freezer since I have 3 big chest ones already. Guess I will have to can a bunch of it. We are all doing fine and I hope all of you are doing ok.
tunnelvision

Postby Cheyenne rose » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Canning cabbage today, been fermenting for about 6 weeks. Yum yum.
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
Cheyenne rose

Postby IceFire » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Got the chickens and coops moved over to the new place today (FINALLY!) Also put up additional fencing around coops and run for extra protection. Hopefully, the coyotes won't even try to come after them. (that's why the additional fencing.) Also got more stuff moved over today--mostly kitchen/pantry stuff. The REAL challenge will be trying to figure out where the heck to put everything!
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby tunnelvision » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Bought paper goods for stocking. Got 20 5lb bags of flour, assorted soups, bleach, beans, soaps, and odds and ends for stocking. Waiting on my nephew to come put in the garage door opener. Bought a truck load of feed for the animals. Plan to rest and sort all this stuff tomorrow. Hope everyone is fine today.
tunnelvision

Postby tunnelvision » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Got all the flour and all the can goods I bought yesterday vacuum sealed and put up. Also put up the paper goods and cleaning goods. Transferred rabbits to another pen. Noticed the medicine I put in their ears is looking good. Put fresh hay in the pens of all the animals and fed them. Fixed my wagon tongue that came off. The weld on it was not good so I drilled a hole through it and put a good bolt through it. It should hold now. Fixed my hubby's lift today. The wire was not connected to the battery and had to reconnect it. The repair shop must have forgotten to reconnect it when they replaced the battery. Have to run some errands today then I am going to rest. Hope everyone is doing ok today.
tunnelvision

Postby IceFire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:16 pm

Got the rabbit moved over to the new place today, and moved some of the stuff from the kitchen. STILL have the bottom part of the pantry to do (big totes full of dry beans, rice, etc.) Also spent time trying to find a place for all the stuff I've already moved from the old pantry!
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby tunnelvision » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:08 pm

Started my week of cabbage soup diet. We do a week on and a week off and we are both gradually loosing weight. I am being lazy today. 2 days of buying monthly stock wears me out. Fed animals. Noticed my climbing roses I rooted are ready to transplant to my fence wall. Got in some of my order from LDS. Waiting on my order from Hoosier House. Boring day, but we are Blessed. Hope everyone is doing ok and may God's Blessing be upon you.
tunnelvision

Postby kappydell » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:44 am

canned 24 pints of pears from a bushel that my room mate and I picked up. Yesterday she spotted a tree in front of a business with pears lying all over the ground so we went back and picked up a bushel of them. Bruises, yes, but none with open skin or bugs were taken for canning (we composted those). They were just right for canning - after we trimmed off the bruised parts 24 pints is what we got. I love free food!

I was taught that one should not turn up one's nose at fruit or veggies with bruises or cosmetic imperfections ("that is what a paring knife is for, kid"). So all the others that passed those pears up missed a good thing...neener, neener, neener!
New laws are like new taxes....both evolve, but they never go away.
kappydell
Wisconsin Preppers Network
Wisconsin Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:01 am

Starting a two week vacation in about an hour. Planning to spend most of the time at the camp playing post SHTF world. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby tunnelvision » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:46 pm

Hope you have a good time daaswampman. Went to the Dr. for the VA to give hubby new shoes. Fed animals and now am cooking squash, broccoli, and baked potatoes today along with the soup for our diet. Meanwhile I am vacuum sealing packs of drink mix. Lost my keys to my van somewhere. I may have to buy a blank and get it programed to replace my missing key. Man I could use winning the powerball. Everything I want to do cost money. Sigh. Oh well I leave it in God's hands. Hope everyone is having a good day.
tunnelvision

Postby jimLE » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:12 pm

we've been getting the living room and breakfast room ready to be painted this weekend.and im already planning on what to build for everyday stuff,and preps that can be hid in some way or another.we have cd's in which i plan on build shelves for them.and they'll sit in a corner to hide what's on the back side..
jimLE

PreviousNext

Return to A.N.T.S.