• Advertisement

You have one hour to leave, are you ready?

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

You have one hour to leave, are you ready?

Postby founderant » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:34 pm

The people of Oroville, CA, recently thought that they had one hour to leave or die; so they left in a hurry, as would anybody that thought a dam was going to break. Some were ready, some not.

Are you?

http://www.offthegridnews.com/extreme-s ... s-get-out/
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Re: You have one hour to leave, are you ready?

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:12 am

Good article with some excellent points....

Also led me to a great article in Survival Gardening for growing Potatos in straw. :)

Thanks Founder A! :thumbup:
Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby NJMike » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:45 am

Good article.

My truck would be up the sidewalk and backed up to the front door ASAP. With an hour's notice I'd have time to make a sandwich for the road, but I'd aim to be out in far less time.
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:03 am

the whole subject goes back to getting out ahead of the sheeple wave - the sooner you hit the road - all the better .... it's not only the traffic aspect and road grid - resources are going to be inundated - riding the wave crest or God help you behind the crest is what could get you killed ....

good example of these types of SHTFs - to evaluate & appraise - are the hurricane evacuations .... great studies for the "don't"s
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Gunns » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:20 am

Nope.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby North County Guy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:40 pm

We have Bail Out Bags, clothes, meds, toiletries, some $$.
A note book with a list of things to take, everything that NEEDS to go is tagged with a small green sticker, computers, strong box, anything "extra" has a yellow sticker.
Our pets have a pail out bucket, a list of their meds, copies of their shots, some food.

have done a "dry run" 47 min.
North County Guy

Postby Dirk Williams » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Have a few relatives living in the area " down river" and I just got back from the area. While a great exercise, their are some facts that need to be mentioned. California, has known for along time that many thousands of homes are allowed to be built in ancient fold plains.

California has tried with some sucess to control the flow of their water with levee's they have had sucess, but Mother Nature will have her way.

I headed south, late last week, in route to the Santa Cruz area, on the coast. I've not seen rain like we drove they in years. It rained from Oregon to SC. Hard, like real hard. We the bridge which crosses Shasta Lake above Redding Ca. This lake is the storage area for the upper Sacramento, and Pitt River drainages. Basically all of northern Ca, into the great Central Valley.

The water line on the lake was 20 feet shy of tree line. Very very high.

As we drove thru Redding Ca, the Lower Sacramento was at the top of the levees, we could see leaks and boils, and so,e levee collapses, south of town. Water from the river was in back yards, but we didn't see any home damage.

As we traveled Northern Ca, all the fields were full of high standing water. All creeks to capacity and running strong.

The Oroville dam is for controlling the feather River and Yuba River drainage. Most don't know this, but the majority of the water flows to southern Calif. it's controlled by the big water districts in SoCal. Oroville is a federal dam, owned and operated by BOR dept of reclamation USG. However they cow tow to LAPolitics. Which is BS.

The danger zone is down River of Oroville CA, many small towns and cities are on the banks of both mentioned rivers. Pretty much all the land is again in the ancient flood plains. And again controlled by dikes and levees.

We say several land slides, and were literally minutes ahead of a land slide going over Highway 17, into Santa Cruz. The road was closed roughly 10 minutes after we transited the summit.

We got to Moss Landing to my blur water sailboat. To my surprise their were three 5 foot diameter pipes under the entry road, open and dumping huge huge volumes of water. The problem for me is, these gates are roughly 40/50 feet behind my boat and only off set by 10/12 feet.

My 34 foot boat was physically covered in sea foam, the entire boat. Looked like " the blob" . We were able to,sleep aboard, but the interior was soaking wet. I use wool blankets so staying warm was not an issue.

We did our business motored on the new motor around Monterey bay, also,completed some maintance and killed a weekend, which wasn't to bad.

We had a heck of a time getting home, land slides, and road closures, were problematic.

As we crossed the earlier mentioned rivers, we say higher water, and several more levee blow outs, causing lots of water to flow freely into farm and ranch property, where it will be until it evaporates.

A new storm hit last night, am told by relatives their expecting many more inchs of rain.

When my family settled the area, the very first thing they did was develop a water source, and high ground for living. Those were the priorities, interesting how times have changed.

Now everybody looks at these ancient flood plains as cheap property to build their homes on. Their are steps being incorporated like huge ditches, for those fifty year flops, but their a joke.

To many people getting rich on this to,stop it. Taxes for the state, county's and cities,and the contractors have iron clad sales contracts excluding them from any damage done by flood or earth quakes.

Follow the money.

Dirk

https://seattle.craigslist.org/search/bpa?s=500
Dirk Williams

Postby JoyDog » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:35 pm

We have 6 inch concrete walls in our house and a 200ft deep storm drain behind it. I think we will just stay home!
JoyDog

Postby 101airborne » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:26 am

If at home YES
5 minutes to uncover and hook camper to the Expedition.
10 minutes to load emergency gear in other trailer and hook to jeep.
20 minutes to load firearms, pet stuff, Home evac totes extra clothes and food.
10 minutes for final sweep for anything missed.

45 minutes and we're on the road.
101airborne

Return to A.N.T.S.