• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

What will the media report? The same old thing

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

What will the media report? The same old thing

Postby founderant » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:17 pm

A gunman opened fire at a community college in southern Oregon today, killing 13 people and wounding some 20 others before he was shot to death by police, state and county officials said, in the latest mass killing to rock a U.S. school.

Another incident on which a gun free zone did not work.
Another incident in which it was impossible for police to respond fast enough.
Another incident in which armed citizens could have stop the shooter before 13 people were killed.

What will the media report? The same old thing on how we need to have gun control. That's a lot easier than doing real investigative reported which could look at why people are doing this in the first place.
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Re: What will the media report? The same old thing

Postby RayMac1963 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Nobody wants to open the mental illness door. If you open it, you have to take the next step, which is prevent mental ill from getting guns, and also address their healthcare needs.

And nobody wants to stand up and honestly say "we want our guns, and this is the acceptable casualty rate we are willing to accept for that freedom."
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:24 pm

Nobody wants to admit that there are hundreds of thousands of people who should be in institutions. Nor is anyone willing to pay for it. It is more politically correct to call them disabled and let them run the streets, than dangerous and lock them up. Neither side on the gun issue is reasonable, nor do they or should they trust each other. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby AuntBee » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:19 pm

daaswampman wrote:Nobody wants to admit that there are hundreds of thousands of people who should be in institutions. Nor is anyone willing to pay for it. It is more politically correct to call them disabled and let them run the streets, than dangerous and lock them up. Neither side on the gun issue is reasonable, nor do they or should they trust each other. Swamp

True words. They began treating the mentally ill on an outpatient basis only decades ago, and treatment consists entirely of medication. I doubt the truly mentally ill showed up for their pills. They get lost in the street culture, and stay there. Those aren't the shooters though. The shooter is the guy down the block, the sociopath who blends in. So I am not sure if the finger pointing at the mental illness epidemic would work either. I also fear that attempts to screen out mentally ill people would result in slapping labels on everybody, sick or not. What would stop the authorities from saying simply wanting to own a firearm is a mental abberation?

Aunt Bee
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:34 pm

Aunt Bee, the VA may soon be close to doing just that. After all, aren't all vets considered to be domestic terrorists?
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:35 pm

AuntBee wrote:
daaswampman wrote:Nobody wants to admit that there are hundreds of thousands of people who should be in institutions. Nor is anyone willing to pay for it. It is more politically correct to call them disabled and let them run the streets, than dangerous and lock them up. Neither side on the gun issue is reasonable, nor do they or should they trust each other. Swamp

True words. They began treating the mentally ill on an outpatient basis only decades ago, and treatment consists entirely of medication. I doubt the truly mentally ill showed up for their pills. They get lost in the street culture, and stay there. Those aren't the shooters though. The shooter is the guy down the block, the sociopath who blends in. So I am not sure if the finger pointing at the mental illness epidemic would work either. I also fear that attempts to screen out mentally ill people would result in slapping labels on everybody, sick or not. What would stop the authorities from saying simply wanting to own a firearm is a mental abberation?

Aunt Bee

Sandy Hook ring any bells? Swamp
daaswampman

Postby Blondie » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:11 am

I'll politely disagree that shooters blend in.

Columbine & the trenchcoat mafia? Or the day they arraigned the guy who shot up the Colorado movie theatre? One look at that guy and I knew someone knew. Or the guy who took out the news reporter and her camera man? He made threats at work. Sandy Hook? You look at the pic of that kid? All deeply troubled and many people knew.

They don't melt into society.

They're just the people no one wants to deal with. Ever.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby RayMac1963 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:32 am

AuntBee wrote:

True words. They began treating the mentally ill on an outpatient basis only decades ago, and treatment consists entirely of medication.
Aunt Bee

Outpatient? HA! Bee I got that beat. Our past past Governor, who I loved enough to be in a commercial for (yes i was a black Republican interned in one of his TV adds and took a ton of crap for it) Anyway, the one thing he did that did not agree with in cutting the budget was closing most of the state run mental institutions. The just dumped em on the street with NO services. The number nuts on the streets of Michigan has been scary ever since.
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

RayMac1963

Postby daaswampman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Due to our governor and presidential candidate Jendal, the entire state of Louisiana has less than one hundred long term inpatient beds for the mentally ill. Most end up in jail or homeless. Most would be functional in a mandatory structured living environment.

This insanity will continue until we get past the right being too cheap to pay the bills and the left being too PC to accept that everyone is not created equal. Many of these people are capable of unspeakable violence and whether they can help it or not, makes no difference if your the victim. It is a sad situation, but I would rather have a gun, than be on the phone with the police. Swamp
daaswampman

Postby Drakenstead1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:51 pm

The Powers That Be (Including the Current Occupant of the White House) are not totally stupid.
At best they have a measure of "low cunning" and at worst are brilliant & diabolically evil.
They know that the firearms are not the problem.
Whenever there is an incident they beat the same drum and when a person with a firearm
intervenes and stops one of those incidents the story is buried or discredited.
The real agenda should be obvious. I don't believe that I need to restate it in total for this crowd.
I believe that their tactics will eventually be successful, resulting in orders of some kind to totally
disarm the American People. When that happens, each of us has a responsibility to have a plan in
place as to the level of resistance we are prepared to meet it with.
Drakenstead1

Postby arkieready » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:20 pm

RayMac1963 wrote:Nobody wants to open the mental illness door. If you open it, you have to take the next step, which is prevent mental ill from getting guns, and also address their healthcare needs.

And nobody wants to stand up and honestly say "we want our guns, and this is the acceptable casualty rate we are willing to accept for that freedom."

2 things.
1 - not all mental illness results in violence. Or even most.
2 - any one who would sacrifice freedom for safety deserves neither ( and I paraphrase)

My feeling is violence stems from lack of morals, no self control, immaturity, "not my fault, I was mistreated" attitude, Molly coddled adult/sub adult brats throwing temper tantrums. Mixed with legal or illegal chemical intoxicants, makes a nasty soupy mess.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Drakenstead1 wrote:The Powers That Be (Including the Current Occupant of the White House) are not totally stupid.
At best they have a measure of "low cunning" and at worst are brilliant & diabolically evil.
They know that the firearms are not the problem.
Whenever there is an incident they beat the same drum and when a person with a firearm
intervenes and stops one of those incidents the story is buried or discredited.
The real agenda should be obvious. I don't believe that I need to restate it in total for this crowd.
I believe that their tactics will eventually be successful, resulting in orders of some kind to totally
disarm the American People. When that happens, each of us has a responsibility to have a plan in
place as to the level of resistance we are prepared to meet it with.

The sheriff of my county and the sheriff of the adjoining county have stated that no federal agents will be allowed in the counties for the purpose of gun confiscation. Between the two counties, there are about 35,000 gun owners. Demographics show that better than 75% are Republican. I think that gun confiscation would be a futile effort.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862

Postby Lance » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:31 am

Our state passed and the new governor signed a bill allowing people to carry on campus to protect themselves from these idiots. Of course the gun grabbers have been attacking the new law.

NOTHING should supersede a persons right to self protection.
Make America Great Again........!!!
Lance

Postby RayMac1963 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:46 am

arkieready wrote:
RayMac1963 wrote:Nobody wants to open the mental illness door. If you open it, you have to take the next step, which is prevent mental ill from getting guns, and also address their healthcare needs.

2 things.
1 - not all mental illness results in violence. Or even most.
2 - any one who would sacrifice freedom for safety deserves neither ( and I paraphrase)

My feeling is violence stems from lack of morals, no self control, immaturity, "not my fault, I was mistreated" attitude, Molly coddled adult/sub adult brats throwing temper tantrums. Mixed with legal or illegal chemical intoxicants, makes a nasty soupy mess.

Perhaps i should have reversed the order... Nobody wants to address the mentaly ill's healthcare needs. If you do that, keeping them from getting guns becomes FAR less and issue.

RayMac1963

Postby arkieready » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:52 am

Can't legislate common sense and can't make stupid illegal. But they seem h-e-double hockey sticks bent on making normal, stable, mostly law abiding citizens who take care of their own seem like the bad guys and the slack jawed idiots who can but won't wipe their own rear ends or tell the difference between video games and real life look like martyrs and "poor poor mistreated babies"
A family member has/is/will play this system like many do. "Im not crazy, im sick. Help me." By cracky, when she wants something bad enough she manages, but when she just wants attention, suddenly she is "sick, and needs help" can you spell C R U T C H ? I don't play that game.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready

Next

Return to A.N.T.S.