• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

New York/ New Jersey Refugees to Florida Part 2 coming soon!

Tips to prepare for natural disasters like Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis etc...

Moderator: medic94

New York/ New Jersey Refugees to Florida Part 2 coming soon!

Postby CarlosB4 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:13 am

Hello all,

I am going to call it, we maybe looking at a repeat of the Northern "I fallen and I can't get preps" Refugee Run to Florida pretty soon. The last one with 'Hurricane Sandy' was bad enough, not that I don't want to see people in need helped but, the rude & violent attitudes of New Yorkers flooding the Tampa Bay Area really was not welcomed. If any of you missed it, search some of my older posts as I kept up reports as to what actually happened during the last refugee migration that the news media did not report. :angry: By the way, we are still feeling some of the effects from the last New York Refugee migration down here since about 10% to 20% of the refugees didn't go back to New York, decided to stay here and as always complained about the laws not being like New York and quickly tried to vote them different. :thumbdown:

"Hurricane Joaquin could make a DIRECT HIT on NYC and New Jersey: Latest government forecast shows storm hitting Northeast as it strengthens to a Category 3 with 120mph winds"
By Associated Press
Link; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... winds.html
"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
"Ελάτε να τα πάρετε"

No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
CarlosB4

Re: New York/ New Jersey Refugees to Florida Part 2 coming s

Postby Photon Guy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:15 am

CarlosB4 wrote:Hello all,

I am going to call it, we maybe looking at a repeat of the Northern "I fallen and I can't get preps" Refugee Run to Florida pretty soon. The last one with 'Hurricane Sandy' was bad enough, not that I don't want to see people in need helped but, the rude & violent attitudes of New Yorkers flooding the Tampa Bay Area really was not welcomed. If any of you missed it, search some of my older posts as I kept up reports as to what actually happened during the last refugee migration that the news media did not report. :angry: By the way, we are still feeling some of the effects from the last New York Refugee migration down here since about 10% to 20% of the refugees didn't go back to New York, decided to stay here and as always complained about the laws not being like New York and quickly tried to vote them different. :thumbdown:

"Hurricane Joaquin could make a DIRECT HIT on NYC and New Jersey: Latest government forecast shows storm hitting Northeast as it strengthens to a Category 3 with 120mph winds"
By Associated Press
Link; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... winds.html

People from New York don't like the laws being the way they are in Florida? If anything, I would think it would be the other way around. You get much more freedom in the Sunshine State than you do in the Empire State.

I was in New Jersey when Sandy hit and as far as preps, the one thing I was short on was gas and the gas lines were horrendous. Even though I was driving a hybrid I was still really pushing it close to empty with the gas. Of the few gas stations that were open, you had to wait in line for hours to get what gas you could and if you were too far back in the line as I was they would run out before you got to the pumps and you would have to leave without gas. Reminds me a bit of some of those poor nations where people had to wait in line for hours to just get a scoop of rice and all too often they would run out before everybody got their scoop.

In addition to the few gas stations that were open, there were also some home depot and walmart locations partially opened and sold some basic tools although most of everyplace else was closed. It was hard being without electricity for at least a week. I did do a lot of wood chopping and I burned lots of firewood. One thing I did learn from Sandy is to keep a supply of gas.
Photon Guy

Postby toxoph » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:37 am

Photon Guy wrote:
People from New York don't like the laws being the way they are in Florida? If anything, I would think it would be the other way around. You get much more freedom in the Sunshine State than you do in the Empire State. .

You're thinking with the mindset of someone who joined this forum :) Most there think different, you get what you vote in.
toxoph

Postby Lynda » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:38 am

Carlos, looking forward to reading it.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:38 am

I hope its not a bad one again for anyone. So many people make no preparations, makes you wonder. Maybe
some is because they can't afford it, I really can't say.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:01 am

before you start complaining about "New Yorkers" f.....ing up your area .... try sweeping your own door stoop first .... the whole Zimmerman Incident was 100% local Floridian - yeh, I know Jesse & Al showed up eventually - but a good part of this summer's trouble all started at Sanford .... and it was all because the locals didn't like the state's gun law and pushed to disregard it

and as far as trouble traveling .... we get plenty of troublemakers coming north in the spring/summer
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby rickdun » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:33 am

If I was told that a natural disaster was going to happen and it would be possible that the results of death or major injury to me and my family, I would be leaving the area (I think they call that a bug out).

I DON'T agree with people breaking the law of the area they go to, to seek safety. If the laws are being broke, I believe the proper authorities need to be notified and the lawless need to be taken care of by them and if not them, then by me, if they invade my privacey.

Remember the people that couldn't or wouldn't leave the area when hurricane Katrina hit the gulf coast 10 years ago, many people are still missing.

Good luck if you get these refugees.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Everyman » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:13 am

I'm with you Carlos. I live in a sleepy beach town on the east coast. After Sandy it was the same here. The sheriff's helicopter was flying over my neighborhood every other day looking for thieves and prowlers.....until then I didn't even know the sheriff HAD a helo! My neighbor, a sheriff, told me about the 'Sandy factor'. He said they were mostly stealing stuff that was outside or shop lifting. They were not the foul mouthed, obnoxious, horn honking slobs we usually see. Between the two groups it got so worrisome I was packing just to go to the supermarket.
You are free to use or republish anything I have written here provided that your intent is to freely disseminate information that will help people. Attributions to Everyman appreciated.

From the most famous of the Medieval Morality Plays: And sayth one of the Virtues “Everyman I will go with thee to meet thy fate, I will attend thee when there is want; I am the Virtue of Knowledge.”

If voting worked it would be illegal.
Everyman
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby NJMike » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:41 am

CarlosB4 wrote: If any of you missed it, search some of my older posts as I kept up reports as to what actually happened during the last refugee migration that the news media did not report. :angry: By the way, we are still feeling some of the effects from the last New York Refugee migration down here since about 10% to 20% of the refugees didn't go back to New York, decided to stay here and as always complained about the laws not being like New York and quickly tried to vote them different. :thumbdown:

I did look at this post
viewtopic.php?f=278&t=31315&p=272987#p272987

Sounds like early snowbirds...raiding the store to stock up their winter beachfront condos. Perhaps people moved up their retirement plans when their NY homes were destroyed.

Tampa, eh?

On my way on Tuesday.

:p
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby CarlosB4 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:14 pm

NJMike wrote:
CarlosB4 wrote: If any of you missed it, search some of my older posts as I kept up reports as to what actually happened during the last refugee migration that the news media did not report. :angry: By the way, we are still feeling some of the effects from the last New York Refugee migration down here since about 10% to 20% of the refugees didn't go back to New York, decided to stay here and as always complained about the laws not being like New York and quickly tried to vote them different. :thumbdown:

I did look at this post
viewtopic.php?f=278&t=31315&p=272987#p272987

Sounds like early snowbirds...raiding the store to stock up their winter beachfront condos. Perhaps people moved up their retirement plans when their NY homes were destroyed.

Tampa, eh?

On my way on Tuesday.

:p

I'll have Coffee and Donuts ready for you, if you are not here by noon this Tuesday, consider your Donuts trashed buddy! :floppytongue:
"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

"Ελάτε να τα πάρετε"

No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
CarlosB4

Postby CarlosB4 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:before you start complaining about "New Yorkers" f.....ing up your area .... try sweeping your own door stoop first .... the whole Zimmerman Incident was 100% local Floridian - yeh, I know Jesse & Al showed up eventually - but a good part of this summer's trouble all started at Sanford .... and it was all because the locals didn't like the state's gun law and pushed to disregard it

and as far as trouble traveling .... we get plenty of troublemakers coming north in the spring/summer

Don't forget to mention Chad Oulson now! You know, the Illinois resident who came down here to the Tampa Bay area and found out the hard way what could happen to you when you decide to bring that Illinois bully attitude of assaulting an elderly retired man nearly twice your age with popcorn in a movie theater. Yeah, that guy. :D

"Ελάτε να τα πάρετε"

CarlosB4

Postby rebnavy1862 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Carlos, :thumbsup: :gunshooting:

Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:41 am

Oh, geez, I'm from the north and took no offense at this. Not from NY but from MA. Carlos simply projected another scenario based upon what happened before and his personal observations. People in my state act similarly every single time there's a storm, especially one causing a power outage. As far as I can see they haven't changed their habits but will continue to demand, stomp their feet and throw hissy fits whenever life doesn't go their way.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda

Postby arkieready » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:58 pm

I'm really proud of one sister. I texted her about the hurricane and she responded she was ready with plenty of food and water. She's been through that rodeo before. Like the "derecho" a couple years ago. Even had gas for her gennie. We've never talked " prepping" but agree in attitude.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby FussyOldHen » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:53 pm

"We've never talked " prepping" but agree in attitude."

It's in the blood in some families -- common sense.

Not mine, though.
FussyOldHen

Next

Return to Natural Disasters