• Advertisement

Christian Terrorist?

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

Re: Christian Terrorist?

Postby contrarian » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:10 am

Mayor John Suthers is an ex-DA whom I followed in politics for a long time. He will ensure it's investigated and handled appropriately. He's on of the relative short list of politicians who aren't corrupt. That I know of.
Prepping -- prudence in action
You either stand for something or you will put up with anything.
Study all sides and aspects to a situation but learn to reject 90% of what is said.
contrarian
Colorado Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:14 am

FussyOldHen wrote:"The Bible does not tell Christians to go out and kill or enslave everyone who does not agree with them."

But Christians have been doing it right from the beginning, anyway, haven't they? They've been killing, butchering, torturing and enslaving in the name of God/Jesus since that particular control concept was invented. What do you think the Crusades was about? The death toll from Christian religious zealots totals in the many MILLIONS.

Maybe the Muslims are just trying to catch up.

But always keep in mind that the Bible, the Quran/Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Mahabharata and the Ramayana, the Tipitaka and all the others were written by people, NOT by any god.

Religion is equal to politics in most respects, namely Power, Control and Money. That's why they exist. Remove those three concepts, and religion will cease to exist.

Maybe religion will cease to exist as we now know it but faith won't. These religious discussions are so contentious. I can assure you that these days, despite the history of the Catholic church, we parishioners don't rack and torture people. At least the last time I checked the basement of our little parish church. Our town has 3 churches. Ours, the Congregational church and the Methodist church. No fighting here. In fact, all 3 churches make an ecumenical effort to regularly contribute to the food pantry.

This guy who blasted his way into an abortion clinic has nothing to do with religion. He is a misanthropic nut.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby contrarian » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:30 pm

My daughter lives in the area so I thought an update on the shooting might help clarify what happened there. The guy had moved there from the southeast and most people there thought seemed to think him a bit nuts.

In Colorado Springs, it's clear he has slipped off the edge. He is reported to have entered several businesses, Planned Parent just happened to be one of them, and threatened people. While he was on the same block as Planned Parenthood when the shooting started, it wasn't directed at anyone in Planned Parenthood. From what I understand, the "cop" who was shot was a campus security from UCCS, not a sworn officer.

So don't believe anything you see on CNN.
Prepping -- prudence in action
You either stand for something or you will put up with anything.
Study all sides and aspects to a situation but learn to reject 90% of what is said.
contrarian

Postby rebnavy1862 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:30 pm

FussyOldHen wrote:"The Bible does not tell Christians to go out and kill or enslave everyone who does not agree with them."

But Christians have been doing it right from the beginning, anyway, haven't they? They've been killing, butchering, torturing and enslaving in the name of God/Jesus since that particular control concept was invented. What do you think the Crusades was about? The death toll from Christian religious zealots totals in the many MILLIONS.

Maybe the Muslims are just trying to catch up.

But always keep in mind that the Bible, the Quran/Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Mahabharata and the Ramayana, the Tipitaka and all the others were written by people, NOT by any god.

Religion is equal to politics in most respects, namely Power, Control and Money. That's why they exist. Remove those three concepts, and religion will cease to exist.

I guess the churches in my county haven't heard about the historical precedence you cited. Do we need to start butchering and enslaving like the rest of the country? We country folk tend to be behind the times, you know.

All the churches, black and white, protestant and catholic, work together with a food bank system to feed everyone who is needy in our county and those surrounding. We also provide homeless sheltering on a rotational basis.

You all know my love of history. Perhaps I should start encouraging our local churches to comply with this religious profile of brutality so we can be seen in an historically correct context.

Reb
I am of Viking ancestry, so a little rape and pillage should come naturally to me :evil:
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:56 pm

It's happened all throughout history some of the most violent persecutions have been carried out by churches in the name of some god.
The catholic church was bad but so were and are others. Prejudice is alive and well. I got turned off by how church folks treated my
daughter and more then one church. People like her were the ones you should have compassion for, she gave up, she wanted to be
accepted and was a good person and still is.

It's still happening, it happens all over the world and I certainly agree with fussy old hen.

Sure our churches locally help "the poor". But what would help them more is teaching them in school how to work, how to take care
of credit, break the chain of parents that don't teach them. I know it should not be the schools job but if they don't and they
don't learn at home who will. Church members could take them under their wings and teach them to earn their bread, help
teach them a skill instead of just handing them the bread, to me that is constructive.

It makes people feel good to give something and walk away but that doesn't solve the problem. They want to make them have kids
but there is more to raising a child then making a poverty stricken person have it. Years ago we had very little poverty
here, if you wanted a job you could find it. Now we have inplace poor that have no means to get out of here to do better, they are
stuck unless they join the military. About their only way out.

But we don't have minorities here you can count on both hands and believe me that's why we don't. These god fearing people ran
them out one way or another. And though the kids are more accepting many of the older adults still don't like it but they are sure
god fearin' people. And the hatred they spew and misinformation is sad too but don't worry cause they are god fearin'.

By the way I am baptized both as a catholic and nondenominational and don't attend either.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby Lynda » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:10 pm

PS, I would say the poverty problem is a burden the government created and not the church. Must have been some churches you attended because I've never seen anything like that. Ever.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda

Postby RubyAbigail » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:27 pm

Rose colored glasses are a nice accessory, but they can be a burden when people are trying to reason with you.

Oh, and a terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist.... Doesn't matter what religion they are.
RubyAbigail

Postby IceFire » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Why has a post about a nutbag shooting up area (that just happened to have a planned parenthood office) turned into a religious argument? The guy was crackers....his former neighbors in S Carolina knew he was nuts, and were relieved when he left. He had already had several brushes with the law. He was NOT a Christian. Oh, and as for reports that he was a right-wing extremist, that has also been proven false. They have his voter registration. He registered to vote as "unafilliated", and as a WOMAN!
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby oxfat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:33 pm

contrarian wrote:My daughter lives in the area so I thought an update on the shooting might help clarify what happened there. The guy had moved there from the southeast and most people there thought seemed to think him a bit nuts.

In Colorado Springs, it's clear he has slipped off the edge. He is reported to have entered several businesses, Planned Parent just happened to be one of them, and threatened people. While he was on the same block as Planned Parenthood when the shooting started, it wasn't directed at anyone in Planned Parenthood. From what I understand, the "cop" who was shot was a campus security from UCCS, not a sworn officer.

So don't believe anything you see on CNN.

Thank you for the real information, contrarian. There has been very little in the news, but the white-anti-abortion-terrorist theme seems to come up again and again. I had made up my mind that I just didn't trust CNN at all on this one. It's nice to have confirmation.

This is going to be a real problem going forward, with the main stream media outright lying when they think they can get away with it. Then after the story dies down and real information comes out, they won't bother to go back and correct their reporting. The 'story' will become truth to much of their audience. I expect it will get worse as we get closer to the election.
oxfat

Postby oxfat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:36 pm

IceFire wrote:Why has a post about a nutbag shooting up area (that just happened to have a planned parenthood office) turned into a religious argument? The guy was crackers....his former neighbors in S Carolina knew he was nuts, and were relieved when he left. He had already had several brushes with the law. He was NOT a Christian. Oh, and as for reports that he was a right-wing extremist, that has also been proven false. They have his voter registration. He registered to vote as "unafilliated", and as a WOMAN!

It is a religious argument only to the extent that the media can make Christianity out to be as bad as Muslim terrorists. The media wants moral equivalency. If they can make Christianity out to be no better than the Muslim terrorists, then their political opposition becomes marginalized.
oxfat

Postby LeeLynn » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:06 pm

The scriptures can surely be used to provoke Christian folk to war.
"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name". Exodus 15:3
"And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, though shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword". Deuteronomy 20:13
"Slaves obey your earthly masters***". Colossians 3:22
If you wish to claim some of those are old testament then remember "for verily i say unto you until heaven and earth pass away not one jot or one title from the law shall pass***".Matthew 5:18.

Unfortunately ignorance is what guides these men on both sides. You take a verse hear and a verse there, and you can feed them to a disgruntled young man on either side.

Truth be told, this is how preachers control their flocks, nobody reads on their own so they are given different verses from different books and they don't ask any questions because the flock doesn't read their own scriptures so how could they ever know they're being lead astray.
LeeLynn

Postby ajax727 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:10 pm

Funny thing is that Christians was on that list of terrorist groups published a while back by the goooberment . Connect the dots the goobers and the news broadcasters are all in the boat together an are controlled by the dips in the background ...
But what the heck do I know or understand , the joke is on all of us ...I...
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:21 pm

That nuthatch will likely get off on some insanity plea, I mean look at him. So we will pay for keeping
him and giving him therapy for the rest of his sorry life after he snuffed out the lives of several good productive
people. And they may even say he is cured one day.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby rebnavy1862 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:25 pm

PatrioticStabilist wrote:It's happened all throughout history some of the most violent persecutions have been carried out by churches in the name of some god.
The catholic church was bad but so were and are others. Prejudice is alive and well. I got turned off by how church folks treated my
daughter and more then one church. People like her were the ones you should have compassion for, she gave up, she wanted to be
accepted and was a good person and still is.

It's still happening, it happens all over the world and I certainly agree with fussy old hen.

Sure our churches locally help "the poor". But what would help them more is teaching them in school how to work, how to take care
of credit, break the chain of parents that don't teach them. I know it should not be the schools job but if they don't and they
don't learn at home who will. Church members could take them under their wings and teach them to earn their bread, help
teach them a skill instead of just handing them the bread, to me that is constructive.

It makes people feel good to give something and walk away but that doesn't solve the problem. They want to make them have kids
but there is more to raising a child then making a poverty stricken person have it. Years ago we had very little poverty
here, if you wanted a job you could find it. Now we have inplace poor that have no means to get out of here to do better, they are
stuck unless they join the military. About their only way out.

But we don't have minorities here you can count on both hands and believe me that's why we don't. These god fearing people ran
them out one way or another. And though the kids are more accepting many of the older adults still don't like it but they are sure
god fearin' people. And the hatred they spew and misinformation is sad too but don't worry cause they are god fearin'.

By the way I am baptized both as a catholic and nondenominational and don't attend either.

Guess what, PS. I had recipients of our food bank program who wanted to help with transporting the 12,000 lbs of food back to the church. They also volunteered to help distribute the food. I thought that was a great idea, to let them have some skin in the game.
When I proposed the idea to the FEDERAL food bank, they vehemently opposed it. They said that Obama had given orders that no recipient would be allowed to work as helpers. They also threatened me with being cut off if I persisted in pursuing the idea.
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862

Postby rebnavy1862 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:28 pm

PatrioticStabilist wrote:That nuthatch will likely get off on some insanity plea, I mean look at him. So we will pay for keeping
him and giving him therapy for the rest of his sorry life after he snuffed out the lives of several good productive
people. And they may even say he is cured one day.

Do you mean like Obama releasing tens of thousands dangerous convicts, many of whom will possibly commit murder?

rebnavy1862

PreviousNext

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters