• Advertisement

Is this the end?

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

Is this the end?

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:24 am

There have been no postings on APN since 4:21 this morning. Rickdun was the last to post. Readymom hasn't posted a Korea warning all morning. :D Is everyone else gone and I am the only person left on Earth :? :shock:
Well, my wife is still here. There are cars passing the house. A plane flew overhead. The phone rang. Robo-call, not a real person.TV still works.

Nevermind :blush: :'( :'(

False alarm.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network

Re: Is this the end?

Postby rickdun » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:33 am

It's not the end yet but may be coming sooner than we think.

I don't know about you Reb, you may be getting old timers, my wife says I get that sometimes you know, like selective hearing. :nervous:

Have you heard anything from RayMac, seems he dropped off the end of the earth or maybe he went off grid.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby anita » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:41 am

Maybe Ray is on an extended camping trip with his son??

A lot of people have dropped off recently. At least Bee popped in again. :D
anita

Postby ReadyMom » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:52 am

rebnavy1862 wrote:There have been no postings on APN since 4:21 this morning. Rickdun was the last to post. Readymom hasn't posted a Korea warning all morning. :D Is everyone else gone and I am the only person left on Earth :? :shock:
Well, my wife is still here. There are cars passing the house. A plane flew overhead. The phone rang. Robo-call, not a real person.TV still works.

False alarm.
Reb
That's because I was up till nearly 2am and got up late, this morning :blush: . We're visiting our soccer-player-son, in Texas. There's a 1 hour time change and I wasn't adjusting well, last night ... so I was scouring the internet for Korea updates. Just got finished checking again, with my wake-up coffee and nothing new to report this AM. So ... onward with life ... go out and clean the yard. It's going to be 104, down here, in Texas (vs cool Penna temperatures for April), so I'm going to find something cool to do, before game time, tonight. Maybe include a good Tex-Mex Margaretta in the day's plans. -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Illini Warrior » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:08 am

ReadyMom wrote:
rebnavy1862 wrote:There have been no postings on APN since 4:21 this morning. Rickdun was the last to post. Readymom hasn't posted a Korea warning all morning. :D Is everyone else gone and I am the only person left on Earth :? :shock:

False alarm.
Reb
That's because I was up till nearly 2am and got up late, this morning :blush: . We're visiting our soccer-player-son, in Texas. There's a 1 hour time change and I wasn't adjusting well, last night ... so I was scouring the internet for Korea updates. Just got finished checking again, with my wake-up coffee and nothing new to report this AM. So ... onward with life ... go out and clean the yard. It's going to be 104, down here, in Texas (vs cool Penna temperatures for April), so I'm going to find something cool to do, before game time, tonight. Maybe include a good Tex-Mex Margaretta in the day's plans. -k

the darkside is buzy - people with proven previously good intel are saying to spend the weekend getting ready .... go thru your "last minute" shopping list" and get ready to button stuff down ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby ReadyMom » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:25 am

Illini Warrior wrote:the darkside is buzy - people with proven previously good intel are saying to spend the weekend getting ready .... go thru your "last minute" shopping list" and get ready to button stuff down ....

Illini ... can you share some of what you are hearing ... what these folks are expecting? I'm trying to follow updates, while away from home, the past couple of days. Can't 'research' like I want. One thing I heard from an 'expert' interviewed on The Blaze, was we'd have 12-18 mos before anything significant happened (at least that's what I thought I heard ... I was listening while riding in the car :blush: ). I wish I could upload that Blaze program it was VERY informative. Helped me to get a better grasp on the current concerns. -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby oldasrocks » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Yes Reb, the world ended. You're just so bad you came back as yourself.

It's raining so hard in Missouri we had to put life jackets on our chickens and geese.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby ReadyMom » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:10 pm

oldasrocks wrote:Yes Reb, the world ended. You're just so bad you came back as yourself.

It's raining so hard in Missouri we had to put life jackets on our chickens and geese.
So, you've got chickens running around looking like THIS?

ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Blondie » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:30 pm

rickdun wrote:Have you heard anything from RayMac, seems he dropped off the end of the earth or maybe he went off grid.

I pm'd Ray a few days ago and haven't heard back. Last I knew he said they wanted to find property and move. It's a seller's market here, not much available and if it's priced well, it's moving.

OAR, weather has been kwappy here, too. We'll be getting your rain later tonight. Has put me behind in working on the new property.

As far as a US response to NK in the next few days, I would say it's not likely only because Congress signed yet another 1 week Continuing Resolution. Basically, there's no money this week to start WW III.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Illini Warrior » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:33 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:the darkside is buzy - people with proven previously good intel are saying to spend the weekend getting ready .... go thru your "last minute" shopping list" and get ready to button stuff down ....

Illini ... can you share some of what you are hearing ... what these folks are expecting? I'm trying to follow updates, while away from home, the past couple of days. Can't 'research' like I want. One thing I heard from an 'expert' interviewed on The Blaze, was we'd have 12-18 mos before anything significant happened (at least that's what I thought I heard ... I was listening while riding in the car :blush: ). I wish I could upload that Blaze program it was VERY informative. Helped me to get a better grasp on the current concerns. -k

that's all I can say - what's said on those closed sites stays there ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:39 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
oldasrocks wrote:Yes Reb, the world ended. You're just so bad you came back as yourself.

Don't forget their pants Rocks....lol...I cant get enough of this one. :rofl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWjxRwHTZiw
Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:04 pm

ReadyMom wrote:

You can't fool me. Those aren't life jackets. They're reflector vests so chickens don't become road kill.

That reminds me of an old joke.
Why did the chickens cross the road?
Answer: To show possums that it COULD be done!

Reb
Sure got a reaction out of you people. Bee too dead lately.
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:06 pm

Rocks, I know. Sometimes I can't stand myself.
Reb

rebnavy1862

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 pm

anita wrote:Maybe Ray is on an extended camping trip with his son??

A lot of people have dropped off recently. At least Bee popped in again. :D

I think I made Ray mad. He was citing racial events, in the south, that happened 55 years ago. He was using this as an example of the present day south. Not true. I told him to "look to his own house", meaning clean up Detroit and Chicago, before criticizing my homeland.
I like Ray. I hope he is getting out of Detroit.
Reb

rebnavy1862

Postby arkieready » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:49 pm

Some of us are nearly drowning. Got sooooo much rain and more coming. the rain gauge had 1 1/2" before this started. I've dumped it 2 times and it was full to over flowing both tomes. At least 8". Paved roads and dirt roads are flooded.
I think folks are just very busy
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Next

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters