• Advertisement

illegal to posess more than 7 days food!!!!!

Got a Question? Ask The Survival Mom!

Re: illegal to posess more than 7 days food!!!!!

Postby Lynda1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:41 pm

That's if they know. We live in a small town. There simply aren't enough resources(from the government), at the local, state and federal level to go to every house in every town and city in this state.
Lynda1

Postby Staying Alive Comedy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Lynda wrote:I contacted the Dept. of Homeland Security, FEMA, months ago, and inquired about the legality of storing food and they emailed me that this is not true. I'm not worried about it because the government does not have the resources to go to every house in every neighborhood, in every town in every state and confiscate everything. However, if people are so concerned then perhaps they should hide it all the minute they learn of any scenario that threatens them.

Honestly. If anybody is really worried about something like this it would be so easy to have a hidden storage container where you can stash your emergency supplies out of sight. It probably is a good idea for a prepper anyway. Even if they collected items, they're not going to hold you at gun point and interrogate you: "WHERE ARE THE DAMN LIMA BEANS?! HAND OVER THE POTATO FLAKES NOW!!!" They would just collect whatever stuff was in plain sight and be done with it. But I seriously doubt even that will happen, the real worry in a catastrophe should be looters.

Have a peek at what we are doing here:
Staying Alive Comedy

Postby Lynda1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:55 pm

Staying Alive Comedy wrote:
Lynda wrote:I contacted the Dept. of Homeland Security, FEMA, months ago, and inquired about the legality of storing food and they emailed me that this is not true. I'm not worried about it because the government does not have the resources to go to every house in every neighborhood, in every town in every state and confiscate everything. However, if people are so concerned then perhaps they should hide it all the minute they learn of any scenario that threatens them.

Honestly. If anybody is really worried about something like this it would be so easy to have a hidden storage container where you can stash your emergency supplies out of sight. It probably is a good idea for a prepper anyway. Even if they collected items, they're not going to hold you at gun point and interrogate you: "WHERE ARE THE DAMN LIMA BEANS?! HAND OVER THE POTATO FLAKES NOW!!!" They would just collect whatever stuff was in plain sight and be done with it. But I seriously doubt even that will happen, the real worry in a catastrophe should be looters.

They're going to be looking for the tuna, I tell ya!
Lynda1

Postby Murby » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:54 pm

bane5150 wrote:IMO the government wants you to prep. In a disaster thats 1 household less they have to worry about...I know they watch these sites and IMO they are looking for the crazys that shouldnt own or possess weapons and so on.

Which is exactly why I route my IP address through VPN's...

If you want my food, you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hungry hands! :gunshooting:
Murby

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:56 am

Lynda1 wrote:That's if they know. We live in a small town. There simply aren't enough resources(from the government), at the local, state and federal level to go to every house in every town and city in this state.

you got it - local - VERY local is where the threat is at .... that's why your personal OPSEC is sooooo very important .... it doesn't even need to be someone currently in local gooberment that drops the dime .... when the SHTF hits it'll be a confab of gooberment departments/districts, CERE, civic organizations, schools, churches, business & industry ect ect - and everyone associated is a potential threat ... these people aren't anymore prepared than the average sheeple - if you think they are simply going to die away without using their BS local legal powers - authority - manpower - firepower - to survive over YOU - think again ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Lynda1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:
Lynda1 wrote:That's if they know. We live in a small town. There simply aren't enough resources(from the government), at the local, state and federal level to go to every house in every town and city in this state.

you got it - local - VERY local is where the threat is at .... that's why your personal OPSEC is sooooo very important .... it doesn't even need to be someone currently in local gooberment that drops the dime .... when the SHTF hits it'll be a confab of gooberment departments/districts, CERE, civic organizations, schools, churches, business & industry ect ect - and everyone associated is a potential threat ... these people aren't anymore prepared than the average sheeple - if you think they are simply going to die away without using their BS local legal powers - authority - manpower - firepower - to survive over YOU - think again ....

No argument there. I say nothing to anyone anymore. Interestingly enough my town put out an emergency preparedness handbook which is something I've never seen before.
Lynda1

Postby jimLE » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 pm

im not sure about the "patriot act" and all..but yet,and even thoe i live outside a small town.there are 2 primary highways that go through here.in which i live a 1/2 mile off of one of them.so i do have some to worry about it,if martial law or whatever went into effect.on account im sure there'll be some military passing through.and as it's been pointed out,locale threats..then there's the close by neighbours to think of..all of which is a concern to me..even then.mainly the neighbours..
jimLE

Postby Cast Iron » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:

That would be a neat trick around here.

We outnumber the local govt by about 700 to 1.
We got the firepower. We got the manpower.
Pass whatever legal powers, no one here to enforce it.
The advantage of a small town.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby rickdun » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:17 pm

What CastIron said, I live in a township, we don't have any authority (police) here just 12 gauge, 00 buck, takes care of everything and anyone. The local town has 2 full time and 2 part time police but they won't come to a township call, we have to call the state police, in other words we protect ourselves. I only have 6 days of food so I'm good.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby anita » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:32 pm

I only have six days too. No reason to keep more if the government is going to take it from me.
anita

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:04 pm

I eat at Burger King three times a day, every day. No need to check here unless they're looking for burger wrappers. :whistling:
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Cast Iron » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:09 am

rickdun wrote:What CastIron said, I live in a township, we don't have any authority (police) here just 12 gauge, 00 buck, takes care of everything and anyone. The local town has 2 full time and 2 part time police but they won't come to a township call, we have to call the state police, in other words we protect ourselves. I only have 6 days of food so I'm good.

Out here, call 911 and it would be twenty to thirty minutes before the state or sheriff arrives.
For the most part, we are on our own and we know it.

If we were to include the town's voting board, all volunteers, our local government might be a dozen.
Of course, two of those board members are my neighbors.

One neighbor, her garage door jumped the track the other day. I helped her put it back in place.
I also gave her a dozen eggs.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby Murby » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:02 am

I don't think it matters if they have the resources to go door-to-door or not.. the fact that they are even trying to do it would cause me to consider them to be the enemy...

In a SHTF situation, if I hear of authorities roaming around and confiscating things, I'd shoot first and hopefully take out at least one of them before they took me out... If every citizen can take out just one of the gestapo, they don't stand a chance..
Murby

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:25 am

Cast Iron wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:

That would be a neat trick around here.

We outnumber the local govt by about 700 to 1.
We got the firepower. We got the manpower.
Pass whatever legal powers, no one here to enforce it.
The advantage of a small town.

the 700 to 1? - you're saying EVERYONE is a prepper and have food to survive the SHTF without any hand outs?

these people you are talking about will compose the posse groups that'll be doing the gooberment's bidding of confiscating - either that or they'll be free lancing raiders - they'll be praying on the weaker with or without gooberment BS emergency laws backing them up ....

you think you'll only be facing the few LEOs currently on the force - they'll just be the official badge out front of the civilian sheeple posse making the raid look official ...

and PLEASE - don't say something naive as hell about everyone is everyone else's good ole' buddy and that won't be happening around your area ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Cast Iron » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:31 am

Murby wrote:I don't think it matters if they have the resources to go door-to-door or not.. the fact that they are even trying to do it would cause me to consider them to be the enemy...

In a SHTF situation, if I hear of authorities roaming around and confiscating things, I'd shoot first and hopefully take out at least one of them before they took me out... If every citizen can take out just one of the gestapo, they don't stand a chance..

I look at it from a manpower perspective.
The number of men needed for a SWAT team to take on a single criminal, drug dealer, what have you. Then the support persons need for the SWAT team, additional police to surround the building, EMS etc.

Now, apply that to every single home in America. The possible armed confrontation for every single home in America. All to enforce some politician flunky idea, half baked law, or whatever.

I, for one, would not want to be a LEO put into that kind of position.
What if it is in your neighborhood, as a LEO, has to enforce that kind of confiscation?
How many of your neighbors are just going to sit back and let it happen?
As a LEO, your dog craps on your neighbors lawn on a regular basis. You have been charged with confiscation of peoples food, guns, water, what have you. Can you expect a bullet in the back from that neighbor? Your house firebombed? Wife or kids harassed, bullied or worse?

Again, I would not want to be a LEO put into that kind of position. They are people with families too.
Cast Iron

PreviousNext

Return to The Survival Mom Forum Discussions