• Advertisement

illegal to posess more than 7 days food!!!!!

Got a Question? Ask The Survival Mom!

Re: illegal to posess more than 7 days food!!!!!

Postby Lynda1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:41 pm

That's if they know. We live in a small town. There simply aren't enough resources(from the government), at the local, state and federal level to go to every house in every town and city in this state.
Lynda1

Postby Staying Alive Comedy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Lynda wrote:I contacted the Dept. of Homeland Security, FEMA, months ago, and inquired about the legality of storing food and they emailed me that this is not true. I'm not worried about it because the government does not have the resources to go to every house in every neighborhood, in every town in every state and confiscate everything. However, if people are so concerned then perhaps they should hide it all the minute they learn of any scenario that threatens them.

Honestly. If anybody is really worried about something like this it would be so easy to have a hidden storage container where you can stash your emergency supplies out of sight. It probably is a good idea for a prepper anyway. Even if they collected items, they're not going to hold you at gun point and interrogate you: "WHERE ARE THE DAMN LIMA BEANS?! HAND OVER THE POTATO FLAKES NOW!!!" They would just collect whatever stuff was in plain sight and be done with it. But I seriously doubt even that will happen, the real worry in a catastrophe should be looters.

Have a peek at what we are doing here:
Staying Alive Comedy

Postby Lynda1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:55 pm

Staying Alive Comedy wrote:
Lynda wrote:I contacted the Dept. of Homeland Security, FEMA, months ago, and inquired about the legality of storing food and they emailed me that this is not true. I'm not worried about it because the government does not have the resources to go to every house in every neighborhood, in every town in every state and confiscate everything. However, if people are so concerned then perhaps they should hide it all the minute they learn of any scenario that threatens them.

Honestly. If anybody is really worried about something like this it would be so easy to have a hidden storage container where you can stash your emergency supplies out of sight. It probably is a good idea for a prepper anyway. Even if they collected items, they're not going to hold you at gun point and interrogate you: "WHERE ARE THE DAMN LIMA BEANS?! HAND OVER THE POTATO FLAKES NOW!!!" They would just collect whatever stuff was in plain sight and be done with it. But I seriously doubt even that will happen, the real worry in a catastrophe should be looters.

They're going to be looking for the tuna, I tell ya!
Lynda1

Previous

Return to The Survival Mom Forum Discussions