• Advertisement

illegal to posess more than 7 days food!!!!!

Got a Question? Ask The Survival Mom!

illegal to posess more than 7 days food!!!!!

Postby horsecrazylady » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:39 pm

omgosh. i was just watching a show on prepping and the guest speaker was talking about what might happen if our economy falls. he said that if this should happen out president has the power to declare marshall law and that with the "patriot act", should they decide to put it into force, there is a clause in it that would make it illegal to have more than 1 weeks food stored up. according to this law, the government could actually go out and find the people who have food stored up and take it from them. wow. has anyone else heard of this?
horsecrazylady

Re: illegal to posess more than 7 days food!!!!!

Postby Lynda » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:43 pm

No, just rumors floating around. No one is going to come to your home and take your food.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby horsecrazylady » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:54 pm

lynda, you are wrong. i just obtained a copy of the patriot act and it does say that in a national emergency it will be illegal to have more than 7 days food OR medicine stored in the home. the government WOULD have the right to come and take it if they so chose too. look it up.
horsecrazylady

Postby bane5150 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:58 pm

well thats interesting...
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:59 pm

horsecrazylady wrote:lynda, you are wrong. i just obtained a copy of the patriot act and it does say that in a national emergency it will be illegal to have more than 7 days food OR medicine stored in the home. the government WOULD have the right to come and take it if they so chose too. look it up.

I contacted the Dept. of Homeland Security, FEMA, months ago, and inquired about the legality of storing food and they emailed me that this is not true. I'm not worried about it because the government does not have the resources to go to every house in every neighborhood, in every town in every state and confiscate everything. However, if people are so concerned then perhaps they should hide it all the minute they learn of any scenario that threatens them.

Perhaps you could provide the specific language in the Patriot Act that says this is true or provide a link.

Lynda

Postby bane5150 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:01 pm

300 million or so Americans there are not enough resources to even try something like that. if it did word would spread so fast make your head spin.
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Bane, the federal government can't find it's way out of a paper bag these days so I suspect that the source for this rumor cannot be verified. Perhaps this has been confused the the Food Safety Modernization Act?

I'm sure that during a national emergency then large agricultural enterprises would be "pillaged", that's no surprise. But does it make sense for the government to encourage people to ensure they have adequate supplies of food, water and medicine for AT LEAST 72 hours only to take it away if they had more? There are not enough FEMA resources, supplies and materials to go around as it is.

Unless the government is promoting a mass die off, but then who'd be left to vote?

Again, if there are those who believe this then their best bet would be to secure all supplies in a safe place beforehand.

Lynda

Postby bane5150 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:15 pm

there are to many ppl that beleive everything they read...I go to no less than 10 websites to confirm important information and look for patterns...the patterns tend to be the most truthfull and still take with a grain of salt...Rumers are dangerous and this really sounds like a rumer from a conspiricy web site.

P!
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:22 pm

bane5150 wrote:there are to many ppl that beleive everything they read...I go to no less than 10 websites to confirm important information and look for patterns...the patterns tend to be the most truthfull and still take with a grain of salt...Rumers are dangerous and this really sounds like a rumer from a conspiricy web site.

It happens. Anyone can look up the Patriot Act Summary and while it does include searches without the usual warrant I don't think LE will be taking my tuna. I hope not anyway.

I remember people were worried about the "garden police" prohibiting small backyard growers like me from planting or regulating them. Yes, they'll check larger acre plots(as related by a neighbor who grows corn and cow corn at that) but not backyard gardens.

Also, the terror in Massachusetts several years ago that everyone would be forced to get a flu shot.

Lynda

Postby bane5150 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:35 pm

IMO the government wants you to prep. In a disaster thats 1 household less they have to worry about...I know they watch these sites and IMO they are looking for the crazys that shouldnt own or possess weapons and so on.

P!
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby repsfo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:51 pm

"...illegal to have more than 1 weeks food stored up. according to this law, the government could actually go out and find the people who have food stored up and take it from them. wow...."

BULL.... Don't believe everything you hear or read.
repsfo

Postby bane5150 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:22 pm

repsfo wrote:BULL.... Don't believe everything you hear or read.

what are you refering to?

P!
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby Sasha » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:40 pm

I want to know what part is bull also.
Unless we change the direction we're going, we'll end up where we're headed.
Sasha

Postby OC357 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Can't have more than 7 days of food or meds?

How much is a 7 day supply?

Breakfast.............Lets see, I just bought a dozen eggs. If "they" say I can only have one a day for breakfast they will come here and take the other five? Afterall, "they" probably wouldn't want me to get too cholesteroled up huh?

Lunch..........I have a jar of pb and a jar of jelly and a loaf of bread that I can make more than 7 days of sammiches with. So "they" are going to decide how much is more than 7 days of pb&j sammiches and take the rest?

Dinner.......I have a pack of 8 hot dogs and a pack of 8 rolls so "they" are going to say I have one too many hot dogs and rolls and take the 8th one or maybe "they" will let me have 2 hot dogs on saturday nite?

What about my desert.....a dozen donuts? "They" gonna take 5 of them? I hope "they" take the donuts with the bigger holes and I get to keep the ones with the littelest holes so that way I get "more donut"....

Oh boy, I am all full of cholesterol, nitrates and sugar and........who knows what else?

Meds can only be a 7 day supply and I am required to get refills for 90 day supply? So "they" are going to count my pills and leave me with 7? I will be twitchin and shakin on the 8th day.....and turn into a vampire or something?

Oh wait.....I am short a beer. I only have a 6-pak..............

Yeah, when pigs fly...............

Where's the sarcasm smile?

:rofl:

OC
I got nothing. I am just here for the ride.
OC357

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Let us solve this easily. The OP can provide the CFR, section, sub-section, paragraph and clause that has caused her undue alarm. Lynda is absolutely correct. The Feds cannot, nor do they have the ability to, arrest the population for having 7 days of food. Folks, prep for disasters and shortages, NOT what you fear the alphabet boogeymen may do. If ANY polity was to attempt this, it would be a local polity, NOT the feds. The feds will be MORE interested in federal infrastructure protection.

BTW, WHAT was the name of this prepper show and WHO was the guest speaker? Critical thinking is one of the best preps you can have....
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt the younger

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good .45acp at your side, kid.

Winston, Julia, or O'Brien? How about none of the above?

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Next

Return to The Survival Mom Forum Discussions