• Advertisement

illegal to posess more than 7 days food!!!!!

Got a Question? Ask The Survival Mom!

Re: illegal to posess more than 7 days food!!!!!

Postby Lynda » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:50 am

kr105 wrote:I respectfully disagree on the private homes statement. Cerro Gordo County in Iowa has a pandemic flu response plan, that cites the federal emergency resource reallocation orders as the basis to go and seize private assets (including home to home.) It's been about 5 years since I've read their plan but it was a nightmare one. The health department would have draconian powers over the county and they would stop the spread of the disease but destroy civil liberties.

You can disagree all you wish but this isn't about the flu. It's about food storage and what is perceived as illegal.
Re: fear. Good point, but if we know the government tracks cell phones and computer usage, including sites like this then obviously people can't be that afraid or else they wouldn't be posting here, would they?

And if anyone is that afraid then perhaps now is the time to make plans to protect your storage by planning ahead because I'm quite sure that the military, LE, government goons, men in black and that "sleeper in the WH" will not be at your door the next day.

Or...you can inquire from FEMA, like I did, quite some time ago. Negative.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby kr105 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:31 am

Lynda wrote:....You can disagree all you wish but this isn't about the flu. It's about food storage and what is perceived as illegal......

While this thread is not about flu, it is about states of emergency and I was using this as an example, where one governmental department, will expand their powers to search and seize, irresepctive of what other governmental departments say or do.
kr105
Pennsylvania State Moderator
Pennsylvania State Moderator

Postby Lynda » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:44 am

kr105 wrote:
Lynda wrote:....You can disagree all you wish but this isn't about the flu. It's about food storage and what is perceived as illegal......

While this thread is not about flu, it is about states of emergency and I was using this as an example, where one governmental department, will expand their powers to search and seize, irresepctive of what other governmental departments say or do.

As I said; the local yokels may try but to what end? There aren't enough resources and the thread is food storage specific.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda

Postby bane5150 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:12 pm

I have to agree...There aren't enough resources to go house to house looking for food/supplies/gear/weapons...It would cost them more in fuel/food/water for troops and officials than what they could find in a cabinet/garage of a average home...It would also be potentially deadly because riots could erupt over this kind of scenario...
$37.02
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby TaffyJ » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:39 pm

That would make a bunch of very angry hunters and ranchers to have their freezers cleared out by goons. There would be lots of talk at the feed store and the sporting goods store. More trouble than it's worth.
Shrug
TaffyJ
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby AMPRNE » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 pm

How does something like this get bumped, or even get a response?
Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.
AMPRNE
Alabama Preppers Network
Alabama Preppers Network

Postby bane5150 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:15 pm

AMPRNE wrote:How does something like this get bumped, or even get a response?

You responded.
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby TaffyJ » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:21 pm

We read it and responded to it a long time ago. Now, we might have fresh thoughts on the subject.
Shrug
TaffyJ

Postby AMPRNE » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:15 am

bane5150 wrote:
AMPRNE wrote:How does something like this get bumped, or even get a response?

You responded.

+1 basically. Aren't threads like these the reason mods are having to revamp the forum? People are here searching for help, tips, advice, and they have to dig through trash to find it.

Thread: :thumbdown:
Let it die: :thumbsup:
Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.
AMPRNE
Alabama Preppers Network
Alabama Preppers Network

Postby bane5150 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:55 am

AMPRNE wrote:
+1 basically. Aren't threads like these the reason mods are having to revamp the forum? People are here searching for help, tips, advice, and they have to dig through trash to find it.

Thread: :thumbdown:
Let it die: :thumbsup:

Some threads arent serious and we do like to have some fun on this site...Its not all business all the time...The revamp is for several reasons not just pages like this. Dont be so critical of a site your very new to...look around and join in and have some fun and learn along the way.

P!
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby shooter111846 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Weather the topic is fact or rumor the government (federal, state or local) will do what it wants if a situation leads to marshal law. all it would take is a "presidential order" (read any level of gov't). Just think back to the Katrina disaster and the actions of the government entities that were involved. I think I would be more concerned with the unprepared neighbors(zombies) than the government taking your supplies (not only food). improvise adapt and overcome.
Improvise adapt overcome
shooter111846

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:51 am

This is hurricane country ...on the Eastern Seaboard. There are numerous ads on the radio and television telling people to have on hand some levels of preparations.

You decide how much preparations. However ..I do not suggest you advertise your preps to the neighborhood. For there are so many people out here with a television and movie education in "Instant Gratification " beliefs and "Entitlement Thinking." They can get ready for tonight's game on the television but not for hard times or Hurricanes etc. etc. et al.

Remember something ..by thinking logically and reasonably. You put these preparations together by taking RISKS for your monies and careful planning.

Preparations by doing without and saving stocks and monies for a future time. This is not "Entltlement and Instant Gratification." It is exactly the opposite. "Postponed Gratification."

Wealth Redistribution is not RISK Redistribution. Anyone who can think past the next sound bite can figure that one out.

You do not want all these "Entitlement and Instant Gratification types beating a path to your door and jeopardizing your families safety/security.

I do not purchase certain items with a credit card, check, nor with a store card...Food lion card, Farm Fresh card, Sams, Costco, or BJs. All these cards have your name and address attached to them. This ties your purchase to you, your name, and your address..even if you pay in cash. They were designed with this in mind. No personal security...even if you pay in cash. It is no ones business what you are buying or how much. I'd rather have the security than any savings offered by these cards.

I decide where, when, and how, or even if I distribute my goods to someone else. I can do this better than any government hack.

In our occupations ..some of us take serious RISKS for our monies. We do not appreciate someone else coming in and taking the goods and upsetting the plans we have made with our goods earned at considerable RISK..and redistributing it to someone who has not so done..but can get ready for tonight's television program.

We do not believe in Wealth Redistribution because we know that under the phony hands of government it is not RISK Redistribution. Good times or bad times.

Decide for yourselves. Some of us have already decided. Do not advertise your preps and leave as little a paper trail as possible to your door.

It is no ones business how much or what you have prepped. Take steps to insure it is so.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby DeeSays » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:48 pm

It's illegal per se but Obama did pass an executive order that gives the government the power to marshal whatever resources are necessary to protect and defend the country during “military conflicts, natural or man-caused disasters, or acts of terrorism within the United States,”

https://www.oathkeepers.org/why-did-oba ... der-13603/
DeeSays

Postby Lynda1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:53 am

DeeSays wrote:It's illegal per se but Obama did pass an executive order that gives the government the power to marshal whatever resources are necessary to protect and defend the country during “military conflicts, natural or man-caused disasters, or acts of terrorism within the United States,”

https://www.oathkeepers.org/why-did-oba ... der-13603/

The article specifically states food distributors and agricultural concerns. This is nothing new. The article made clear the rest was speculative. There's more to fear from our neighbors or townies.
Lynda1

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:18 am

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2013/09/post_1.html

please keep claiming that the local gooberment won't be knocking on your door if your OPSEC is crap ....

who thinks that their town/county officials, powerbrokers, PD officers, fireman, civic leaders, biz owners are any better prepped than the average sheeple - you think they & theirs are going to go starving knowing you have poundage of stored supplies ....

your only defense is great OPSEC and even better OPSEC when the crapper explodes ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to The Survival Mom Forum Discussions