• Advertisement

Where to Hide My Survival Binder

Got a Question? Ask The Survival Mom!

Re: Where to Hide My Survival Binder

Postby Conscious » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:47 am

@ raymac - Camp Recipes! genius! Gear Manuals - Genius! (even though I don't have anything so complicated that would need one though. I do have an extra set of note-cards for shooting and gathering my DOPE, but those I keep with my gun gear.
Everyday, Become More than you were yesterday
Everyday, Believe in your soul's potential.
Everyday, Raise your Conscious.
Conscious

Postby AuntBee » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Having a duplicate binder(s) might be a good idea, at least for the most important information. Keep that one in your car or BOV, or rent space in Ray Mac's space capsule. I have a duplicate, plus thumb drive back ups, just on faith that computers will still work. The thumb drives are in the safe with original documents. I also have a ton of maps and road atlases. I think it's worth keeping old ones (if you have room) because most maps have mistakes, and newer ones also may have eliminated dinky side roads that might be very handy to know about. Most of the maps are in the house, a few in the car.

I agree with other posters that thieves probably wouldn't be interested in a binder or any books. I'm thinking of fire or flood risk when I work on having two sets of binders.

Aunt Bee
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby RayMac1963 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:23 pm

AuntBee wrote:Having a duplicate binder(s) might be a good idea, at least for the most important information. Keep that one in your car or BOV, or rent space in Ray Mac's space capsule.
Aunt Bee

:floppytongue:
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby Pedro wyoming » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:52 pm

I had this discussion with a rookie prepper neighbour recently. My collection is more like a library so it would not work, but...a 20mm AA ammo can is some kind of very durable nylon/plastic. If you remove the plastic inserts, a large 3 ring binder will fit neatly inside.. IF smaller binders are used to segregate by topics, then several will fit. Be sure that the rubber seals are intact.

pW
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change that survives.” Charles Darwin
Iמנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסי
אלוהים
Pedro wyoming
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby Conscious » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:04 am

I feel part of the discussion here is missing, and that is the enormous collection of pdf's and docs we all have, and most of us consider as part of our 'preps'. access to electronics aside, I often question the rationalization that says, essentially - "Amidst turmoil and mayhem, I will pull out my pdf on Agricultural WaterShed Projects and learn how to build a damn."

I used to have scores and scores of pdf's along this line. I won't say I don't have them anymore, but I definitely saw the light on this subject, it is a twist on the quintessential "knowledge before gear" dichotomy that often appears in these forums. We've all got these marvelous books on "the old ways", but when I'm slogging away from the forest fire at my door, or sheltering in place during the hurricane, and the days afterwards, these are not the times we'll be putting these pdfs to the test.

I can't necessarily knock having them, but there is a definite schism about the practical effect these things will be down the road.
Everyday, Become More than you were yesterday
Everyday, Believe in your soul's potential.
Everyday, Raise your Conscious.
Conscious

Postby RayMac1963 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:20 am

Conscious, my motto is, "if its worthy of downloading, its worthy or printing." So i print a copy, 3 hole punch it, and sick it in my binder. Thats, the majority of whats in mine.
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963

Previous

Return to The Survival Mom Forum Discussions