• Advertisement

new prepper mom looking for friends

Got a Question? Ask The Survival Mom!

new prepper mom looking for friends

Postby rlw3js » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:41 pm

hi ladies,

i'm new to prepping and i'm looking for facebook friends to discuss prepping and getting started.

my goals for 2014 are to get a bug out bag for my family of 3 (+ dog) and a car kit for our 2 vehicles. taking baby steps because we are also paying off student loans to get debt free!
rlw3js

Re: new prepper mom looking for friends

Postby Blondie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:52 pm

Welcome from another mom! Congrats on your steps to get debt free. It's a great feeling!

I don't FB, etc. I prefer to keep my activities out of the limelight but that's just me. If you need anything, post or PM!
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby rlw3js » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:43 am

thanks for responding!

I don't know anyone in my area that is interested in being prepared & I just need to talk about it as I do it.
rlw3js

Postby msdeltamom » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:51 am

Welcome to the forum! No doubt you will find a wealth of information from the great ladies (and men) here!
msdeltamom

Postby smurfnurface » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Welcome aboard.

Now even tho im not a mother, i too am starting with my prepping. also trying to get my wife on board, which is taking longer than expected to get her active in helping me. But, mothers do have some of the best advice, lol! I would firstly recommend reading some books ( The Survival Mom ) was a good read for myself. Maybe we could bounce some ideas off of each other!
smurfnurface

Postby spencerrusty » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:30 pm

There is nothing more scary than the thought that everything we have will fall apart. I too would love to find some like minded people. Although I have a facebook acct, it's just for show, and I don't put anything about my life on it that can be, you know, traced. Here, on this forum, I also keep my cards close, and just share advise and absorb all I can.

smurf, getting your wife on board will be slow going. Women by nature need to feel secure, and like I said, the whole it can all fall apart thing really does a number on our sense of security. Baby steps. Just talk about innocuous things like a temporary power outage, staying warm, fed and entertained. A 3 day scenario isn't scary, just being cautious. With her on board for that, it will be easier to extend to a week, a month, 6 months, etc.
Be well and have a joy joy day.
spencerrusty

Postby newtexan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:58 am

I'm new here too. I'm a mom of two, and my husband doesn't get the need to get stuff together in advance. So I am going to go it alone for my 72 hour kits. And that means without any financial help outside my regularly budgeted splurge money each month. I am hoping to find some great ideas here on how to prepare without blowing the bank, and try not to rush myself too much in getting this first step together.
newtexan

Postby LeeLynn » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Welcome aboard all that are new. I have been prepping for some years, but this is my first internet connection in my life. Always been private. Just keep in mind that what works for others may not work for you. Books are going to be one of your greatest assets. Smurfnurface, my wife has always been on board, but refuses to help with any of it. Lol. Spencerrusty is right, it's the whole fear thing. I am able to get her to can and bake from scratch though.
LeeLynn

Postby spencerrusty » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:56 pm

newtexan wrote:I'm new here too. I'm a mom of two, and my husband doesn't get the need to get stuff together in advance. So I am going to go it alone for my 72 hour kits. And that means without any financial help outside my regularly budgeted splurge money each month. I am hoping to find some great ideas here on how to prepare without blowing the bank, and try not to rush myself too much in getting this first step together.

Hi newtexan! Welcome.

The best place to start is a local Dollar type store. You can find great things to stock a first aid kit, shelf stable milk, and pouched tuna. Then there are flashlights, batteries, and cheapy tools. Look to your local thrift store for backpacks and such.

You are very wise not to rush, and just grab. Just a bit here and there (keep a list to check off the items, otherwise you might impulse buy something you don't really want or need).

Happy prepping! :thumbsup:
Be well and have a joy joy day.
spencerrusty

Postby rlw3js » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:25 pm

yay! I haven't been back to this post in a while, but I'm happy to see some replies.
rlw3js

Return to The Survival Mom Forum Discussions