• Advertisement

52 Weeks Savings Club!

Got a Question? Ask The Survival Mom!

52 Weeks Savings Club!

Postby thesurvivalmom » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:51 pm

Getting some cash saved is so important when it comes to being prepared. On The Survival Mom blog we are focusing a lot of attention on helping people make progress by using the 52 Weeks Savings Plan.

Here's a link to more information about the plan: http://thesurvivalmom.com/give-this-sup ... -the-year/

Link to our Facebook group dedicated to supporting each other through the year: https://www.facebook.com/groups/52WeeksSavingsClub/

Link to a printable chart to keep track of your savings: http://thesurvivalmom.com/wp-content/up ... -Plan2.jpg

A blog post on the first of each month detailing where to find bargains of all types and how some of those bargains could help you become better prepared. (Check the blog each month for that post.)

And then, of course, this forum to stay in touch, provide links to great bargains, etc.

I hope lots of you can join in! By this time next year, you could have almost $1400 saved in cold cash. :)

Lisa Bedford
thesurvivalmom
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Re: 52 Weeks Savings Club!

Postby Cin » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:26 pm

I saw this last year on another site, however the person advocating it said to do it backwards.

Start the numbers as a countdown - 52, 51,50,49, 48...etc. So in January, save $52 the first week, $51 the second week, $50 the third week,$49 the fourth week and so on, so that when you get to the end of the year and are spending money on the holidays, you only have to add a few bucks each week of December to reach the goal.

In addition, we have a family email loop. I set up an 'event' each Sunday as a reminder to save the appropriate amount of money for that week for my entire family. Some may not participate, but for the ones who do, it will be a weekly reminder.
Cin

Postby xdewit » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:54 am

Last year I started saving 50 euro per month and I was able to save 600 euro that year. This year I will save 100 euro's per month which will almost be the 1400 usd you will be saving. For me it is a bit more difficult to gradually save the money, so I decided to save the same amount every month. I hope that is ok too :)
xdewit

Postby thesurvivalmom » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:26 pm

The key is to make this plan, or any savings plan, work for you. For many years, my family's income was just all over the place.

I had a direct sales business and never knew exactly what my income would be from month to month, and my husband owned his own construction business. To say that our income had some significant ups and downs would be an understatement!

A lot of us give up entirely when something doesn't work quite right, but this time around, just MAKE the 52 Weeks Plan work for you, either by starting with Week 52, or adding extra money when you can to make up for weeks that might be a little tight.

I'm impressed that you both saw success with this last year. Good for you!!

Lisa
thesurvivalmom
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby Brightdays » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:08 pm

I will give it a try. Probably in reverse. That would be a nice chunk at the end of the year. Even if we use it for Christmas. We are also working to get out from under a big debt load. Could be a couple years but like you said with a plan we can have success.
Brightdays

Return to The Survival Mom Forum Discussions