• Advertisement

Ballistic Material Theory-Question

Got a Question? Ask The Survival Mom!

Ballistic Material Theory-Question

Postby Forasteroalacalles01 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Hello, I'm Joe. I'm new to the whole prepper thing, amongst other prepper related things, but I haven't delved into the idea of building a fortress or bunker. (Total noob, amirite? XD) I've heard of preppers being self sufficient and survival is the poster child of such. Survival doesn't come from holing up in a bunker. It comes from adaptive, constructive, abd lucrative(not money) ideas. I've seen several homemade IEDs from your Molotov to an electric ignition pipe bomb (Idk how to make such, nor would disclose the info publicly if I did). I was curious...

From the idea of a Saw Dust explosive, could one produce ammunition from the same materials?
I hate the idea of running out of bullets and having to tie a knife to a pool cue and go Tarzan on raiders and murauders... Just curious. If this topic is seemingly to sensitive, I totally understand. There's no need to list chemicals or such, that I can figure out.
Forasteroalacalles01

Re: Ballistic Material Theory-Question

Postby dademoss » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Before fixed cartridges were black powder weapons :)

The other thing I would google is TM-31-210, a publication courtesy our government.
dademoss
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby Forasteroalacalles01 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:01 pm

Awesome, thanks Dademoss
Forasteroalacalles01

Postby dademoss » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:37 pm

It's a bad pun, but TM-201-1 is a blast to read.

I had to do it :P
dademoss
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby danthman114 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:41 pm

the sawdust explosive you refer to is dynamite. go pick up a flintlock rifle and you can shoot for the rest of your life, but stay away from explosives. theyre not good for anyone let alone someone who isn't trained... jus' sayn'

or,

make a bow and arrows. those two can be made everywhere on the planet out of materials you find everywhere. from natural sources to trash can make those tools. you can walk into lowes or home depot and come out with the materials to go hunting...
a good set of books to get you started on making bows are the bowyers bibles 1 thru 4 and another book called shooting the stickbow...
danthman114

Return to The Survival Mom Forum Discussions